30-days Border Runs Now Only 15 Days

Normal visa exempt entry is 15 days by land or 30 days by air. But there are some countries with bilateral agreements that take precedence and allow 30 or 90 days for all entries. Malaysia also has a special arrangement allowing 30 day entry at the Malaysia land border (but not at other land entries).

Years ago the normal visa exempt entry was only 14 days for all allowed that option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok so the on thing i don't get yet is. If you are on a Non immigrant visa, or a proper tourist visa obtained from a Thai embassy abroad, are u still only entitled to a 15 day stamp when doing your 90 day border run? or is the fact that you have a proper visa mean you are still entitled to a 90 day pass when doing overland border stamps? Will non immigrant and multi entry tourist visa holders now have to fly for every visa stamp ?

is the 15 day stamp only relevent to Visa on arrival?

Anyone know this yet?

These does not affect travelers with Non-Immigrant or Tourist visas.

I have a non-immigrant B visa that is calid until september. when I did a poi pet visa run earlier this month, I was only given 30 days and was informed that the rules have changed and that 90 day extentions are no longer issued in land crossings from cambodia... was this person incompotent or did the rules actually changed... I was just laughed at by a visa run service for claiming that I only got 30 days so I just want to know... and I pretty sure I can read dates. So what are the rules now and is there anywhere I can read the most updated rules. I went to the thai embassy webpage and it didnt say anything helpful about this.

• 2 months later...

I understand the 15/30 day visa exemption rules, with the 30 day entry by air, is their any minimum number of days/nights you need to be out of Thailand for you can return and get another 30 day visa extension.

I have a visitor from Australia who would like to stay another 30 days, so I was considering a trip to Phnom Penh for the weekend. However my friend was told by some "friends" that you had to stay out of Thailand for 3 days before you could return.

I have never heard of this before - is this the case?

• 3 months later...

I now understand you have to be careful in your vacation planning if you include a Laos excursion mid-trip. I flew into BKK and got a 30 day stamp (US Passport). Then 5 days later, crossed into Laos on Friendship Bridge and upon my return the next day got a 14 day stamp. So I lost 11 days without some other adjustment. Not an issue in my case of a 2 week trip, but could be a factor.