Thai Airways Drastically Reduces Flights From Today

Krub

This list was posted on another forum

I found out that my flight had been cancelled (21 December) and without any information from TG was re-booked on the next day's flight

Check your booking BEFORE heading for the airport !

EUROPE/AFRICA

*A340-600 aircraft on Bangkok - London route, TG910/911 with following frequencies and periods

* 16DEC08 - 10JAN09 Day 247 (Day x247: 744)

* 11JAN09 - 28MAR09 Daily

* TG916/917 continues Daily 747-400 operation

*Frankfurt reduced from 14 to 10 weekly

* TG922/923 reducing from Daily to 3 weekly (Day 135)

*Bangkok - Paris reduced from 7 to 5 weekly (Day x27)

*Bangkok - Munich reduced from 7 to 4 weekly (Day x135)

There are no changes to:

Rome (4 weekly 744)

Madrid (3 744)

Stockholm (Daily 744)

Copenhagen (Daily 744)

Moscow (4 346)

Athens (3 777)

Zurich(Daily 346)

Johannesburg (3 346)

USA

*THAI will continue to operate NONSTOP Bangkok - Los Angeles with A340-500 until 28MAR09, frequency reduced to 4 weekly (Day 2456)

ASIA

*Taipei is reduced to 1 Daily from 3.

* Daily Bangkok - Taipei TG636/637 cancelled

* Daily Bangkok - Hong Kong - Taipei TG630/631 cancelled (includes inbound 3 of 7 weekly Taipei - Hong Kong - Phuket - Bangkok)

* Daily Bangkok - Taipei - Seoul is operated by 777-300

*Hong Kong operates 22 weekly, reduced from 36

* Daily Bangkok - Hong Kong TG606/607 cancelled

* Daily Bangkok - Hong Kong TG630/631 cancelled (extends to Taipei, see above)

* 3 of 7 weekly Hong Kong - Phuket - Bangkok cancelled (extends from Taipei, see above)

* TG600/601 346/744

* TG628/629 (Extends to Seoul) 333

* TG638 (operates on Day 7) 772

* TG602/603 773/333/AB6

*Shanghai reduced from 2 to 1 Daily (TG664/665) 747 or 346

* 2nd Daily TG662/663 restores on 01JAN09 with 333

*Guangzhou reduced from 2 to 1 Daily

* 2nd Daily TG678/679 cancelled

*Chengdu reduced from 5 to 2 weekly (Day 37)

*Kunming reduced to 5 weekly from Daily

* Bangkok - Kunming TG612/613 reduced from 5 to 3 weekly with new operational Days (247)

* Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Kunming TG616/617 remains 2 weekly

*Manila reduced from 14 to 11 weekly

* Daily Bangkok - Manila - Osaka TG620/621 continues Daily flight

* Daily Bangkok - Manila TG624/625 reduced to 4 weekly (Day x267)

*Seoul reduced from 4 to 3 Daily

* Daily NONSTOP TG656/657 Cancelled

*Nagoya reduced from 9 to 7 weekly

* TG646/647, 2 weekly redeye flight, cancelled

* TG644/645 from 01JAN09 operates with A340-600, equipped with First Class

*Fukuoka reducing from Daily to 4 weekly (Day 2467)

*Osaka overall frequencies reduced from 3 to 2 Daily

* Nonstop Daily TG672/673 cancelled

* Nonstop Daily TG622/623 remains

* Bangkok - Manila - Osaka Daily remains (see above)

*Kathmandu operating 9 weekly

* TG335/336 operating 2 weekly on Day 36 from 06DEC08 to 30DEC08, 3rd weekly (Day 1) from 31DEC08

*Dhaka reduced from Daily to 5 weekly (Day x26) till 31JAN09

*Shamshabad operating 3 weekly (Day 136), 4th weekly (Day 5) restores from 28DEC08

*Kolkata reduced from Daily to 5 weekly (Day x14) till 31JAN09

*Kuala Lumpur reduced from 3 to 2 Daily

* TG415/416 morning flight cancelled

*Penang Daily flight remains. Flight number change from 17JAN09

* TG425/426 on Day 367 re-numbered as TG421/422

*Chittagong Cancelled, should resume 29MAR09

*Lahore reduced from 5 to 3 weekly (Day 246)

Service to following destinations has not changed so far

Beijing, Xiamen, Vientiane, Singapore, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Gaya, Varanasi, Yangon, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Dubai, Kuwait, Karachi, Muscat, Islamabad, Colombo, Phnom Penh, Jakarta,Denpasar, Tokyo (including Tokyo to Phuket oneway) and Busan

OCEANIA

No changes so far on all service to Australia/New Zealand

*Sydney 2 Daily

*Sydney/Brisbane 1 Daily

*Melbourne 2 Daily

*Perth 1 Daily, scheduled to increase to 8 weekly from 03JAN09

*Auckland 4 weekly

As Thai is the national airline and I was the government I would be selling tickets at a loss just to drum up business. Say £300 return, all in.

It reminds me of the UK when there was mad cow disease. They reduced the price of beef so far that people actually started buying it because it was too cheap to pass the bargain by, even though, at regular price, it was the health dangers which forced people away !!!!

Sorry for my ignorance but am extremely stressed. Is this reduction just for departures out of Thailand-Thai Airways or arrivals too. I'm supposed to be flying in on the 13th via Hong Kong. My travel agent in Canada still cannot tell me if my flight is scheduled or not.... .

Sorry for my ignorance but am extremely stressed. Is this reduction just for departures out of Thailand-Thai Airways or arrivals too. I'm supposed to be flying in on the 13th via Hong Kong. My travel agent in Canada still cannot tell me if my flight is scheduled or not.... .

If the Thai Airways flight does not leave Bangkok it will not return

Check with Thai Airways office reservations themselves

Apolo reservation system still has all TG's flights as schedule but when you call to reserve they say flight is not operational.

I had a confirmed booking n 21 December from Bangkok to Paris and without informing me of the change they re-booked me on the 22nd

These changes are not necessarily a direct result of the BKK airport situation. Airlines around the world are reducing frequencies due to global situation. Even Singapore Airlines are reducing or cancelling flights on other routes at xmas and new years and making schedule changes

Apolo reservation system still has all TG's flights as schedule but when you call to reserve they say flight is not operational.

I had a confirmed booking n 21 December from Bangkok to Paris and without informing me of the change they re-booked me on the 22nd

Do you have a phone number to reach the TA office by any chance?

thnks

Do you have a phone number to reach the TA office by any chance?

thnks

Thai Airways in Bangkok : 02.356 1111

These changes are not necessarily a direct result of the BKK airport situation. Airlines around the world are reducing frequencies due to global situation. Even Singapore Airlines are reducing or cancelling flights on other routes at xmas and new years and making schedule changes

Maybe so but announcing flight schedule changes resulting in cancellation of flights 3 days before the start is not a very customer friendly move.

They might have planned it before the airport fiasco but the implementation is very unusually rapid

The announcement was made via the reservation system (nothing on TG's website about these reductions even the flight status of TG's website still shows the affected flights as 'planned') 3 days before implementation on Thursday 4 December (just before a Friday holiday and a week-end) making it very difficult for travel agents to contact their affected customers and re-book flights.

Thursday 4 December TG decides to cancel the Sunday Paris flights starting 3 days later with the December 7 flight

I don't think the schedule changes made by SQ were only announced 3 days before implementation.....

Thank you for this extremely important message.

When I checked Thai Airways had rebooked our tickets from Bangkok to Copenhagen from dec 23 to dec 24 without telling us, and had NOT rebooked the tickets all the way home. The tickets from Copenhagen to Oslo were still on dec 23! - The tickets had the same Amadeus reservation number.

Angry is an understatement... :o

- Being stuck on Copenhagen airport on Christmas eve is not something I would like to try...

When I checked Thai Airways had rebooked our tickets from Bangkok to Copenhagen from dec 23 to dec 24 without telling us

By the way, I checked by using www.checkmytrip.com. (I am not allowed to post the full URL...)

5 days after cancelling some Hong Kong flights and Paris flights, TG now has put them back on schedule

My agent tells me that my evening flight from Hong Kong to BKK has been cancelled on the 13th and that all evening flights HKK-BKK on Thai Airways have been cancelled. Is there still a possibility that this could change again? Lord.....this isn't fun for my husband knowing when to pick us up!

Edited by janetplanet

5 days after cancelling some Hong Kong flights and Paris flights, TG now has put them back on schedule

My agent tells me that my evening flight from Hong Kong to BKK has been cancelled on the 13th and that all evening flights HKK-BKK on Thai Airways have been cancelled. Is there still a possibility that this could change again? Lord.....this isn't fun for my husband knowing when to pick us up!

Yes most flights have been re-scheduled especially Hong Kong and Paris

TG 607 HKG-BKK is reinstated from December 15th onwards. Leaves HKG at 2045. TG 630 and TG 606 BKK-HKG(afternoon flights) are also re-instated as of 15th Dec.

Flight cancellation? Is this possible? AOT claim that all flights in and out of Swampy have returned to normal last week.

My agent told me that my December 13th Thai Airways TG 607 HKK-BKK flight 20:45 has been cancelled so now I am stuck in HKK with baby for one night and flying the next day on TG 0601 HKK-BKK 12:45.

So...who should pay for the hotel?? :o

Flight cancellation? Is this possible? AOT claim that all flights in and out of Swampy have returned to normal last week.

My agent told me that my December 13th Thai Airways TG 607 HKK-BKK flight 20:45 has been cancelled so now I am stuck in HKK with baby for one night and flying the next day on TG 0601 HKK-BKK 12:45.

Is this the return leg of you ticket? In other words did you fly out of BKK on TG and now returning ? If so then TG should pay for the hotel as your trip has already started.

If you are beginning the trip in Canada then TG will probably not pay for your hotel as they should be offering you a flight 2 days later when TG607 starts operation. If you still want to leave on the 13th you should ask TG to endorse your ticket to Royal Jordanian or Cathay or Emirates or Ethiopian who all have flights leaving HKG from 2030 onwards on the 13th. Should not be a problem...good luck anyway.

Is this the return leg of you ticket? In other words did you fly out of BKK on TG and now returning ? If so then TG should pay for the hotel as your trip has already started.

If you are beginning the trip in Canada then TG will probably not pay for your hotel as they should be offering you a flight 2 days later when TG607 starts operation. If you still want to leave on the 13th you should ask TG to endorse your ticket to Royal Jordanian or Cathay or Emirates or Ethiopian who all have flights leaving HKG from 2030 onwards on the 13th. Should not be a problem...good luck anyway.

Yes, it's the return end of our trip. I don't mind staying in a hotel but how or with who do I kick up a fuss and demand it? This is after a 15 hour flight from Toronto with a 1 year old.

Does anyone know TG's loads currently? Some say its peak season and flight will be fully booked while another agent tells me there were many cancellations. I booked my return flight from LAX on Jan 10th hoping after the peak season seats would be available.

Thai Airways seems to be pulling through at the last minute folks. After spending the entire day in communication with my agent, Thai Airways says someone will be waiting at the gate for my daughter and I and they will try and get us on TG 629 and worse case scenario on Cathay CX 703.

Fingers crossed! Will be arriving in BKK on lucky 13.

Does anyone know TG's loads currently? Some say its peak season and flight will be fully booked while another agent tells me there were many cancellations. I booked my return flight from LAX on Jan 10th hoping after the peak season seats would be available.

if you have booked your seat, thanm you will fly.

on bangkok - London route it's reported http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Eva-Air-Updates-t228563.html the flights are only 2/3 full