Varee Chiang Mai School Show

Greenside

Varee School held its annual do at the Kad Theatre yesterday. To call it a school play would be to do it a disservice - it was a three hour musical epic staged twice in the day with some variations and includes almost all of the 2000 kids in costume. Anyway, an amazing amount of work must have been put into it by the staff and children and if your kids took part you might want to check the pictures I just posted on my website to see if you can spot them.

431105872_XT55g-M-1.jpg

431103094_Fkg7u-M-1.jpg

This little girl sang the national anthem for the King's Birthday all on her own .....

Edited by Greenside

Varee School held its annual do at the Kad Theatre yesterday. To call it a school play would be to do it a disservice - it was a three hour musical epic staged twice in the day with some variations and includes almost all of the 2000 kids in costume. Anyway, an amazing amount of work must have been put into it by the staff and children and if your kids took part you might want to check the pictures I just posted on my website to see if you can spot them

This little girl sang the national anthem for the King's Birthday all on her own .....

What fabulous pictures !! You must surely be a professional photographer of some renown.

Great pictures, Greenside. I was looking for two Korean boys I know who go to Varee, but with the costumes on, Koreans look a lot like Thais, to me.

With the costumes on everyone under the age of about ten looked simply like a boy or a girl to me. I've been shamelessly ribbed ever since the show for actually failing to get a shot of my stepson in all the mayhem.

I couldn't believe it either... :o

Great pictures, Greenside. I was looking for two Korean boys I know who go to Varee, but with the costumes on, Koreans look a lot like Thais, to me.

With the costumes on everyone under the age of about ten looked simply like a boy or a girl to me. I've been shamelessly ribbed ever since the show for actually failing to get a shot of my stepson in all the mayhem.

I second all the comments--great quality pics--not easy with the available light in the theatre--one question, I guess you were at the morning show--any pics from the afternoon??

I second all the comments--great quality pics--not easy with the available light in the theatre--one question, I guess you were at the morning show--any pics from the afternoon??

Just the morning show, I'm afraid. I couldn't face trawling through what could have amounted to 1000 pictures over the whole six hours! It was a great effort by the school but, as with all ceremonies and performances here, they live by the longer is better maxim. The lighting was made a lot harder for much of the time because they didn't have sufficient spotlights to cover the scores of people on stage so they moved them about at random, plunging something I'd just lined up into relative gloom just at the crucial moment. There are about a dozen or so more I have yet to put on my site so if your kids were in the morning show it's worth another look tomorrow.