Two German Tourists Arrested For Having Sex In Ancient Ayutthaya Temple

george

Well Said, I wish it was Dubai and they were doing it up against the wall of a Mosque. They would have been locked up for a while to think about how F'ing ignorant and disrespectful they were. Nasty peasants.

Yes. Let's have a public stoning. You dig the hole in the ground to put them in while the the TV puritans can bring the jagged rocks to throw at their heads. In the interim, I understand the military is holding a reception for the PAD folks that took over the airport costing Thailand hundreds of million of baht. There's supposed to be punch and pie.

Something very disturbing about screaming for blood over an incident of poor judgement, where there was no physical injury or property damage. Very disturbing indeed.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More dangerous, of course, in the ancient temples of Lopburi :D

Oh dahrlink, your hands feel so small and hairy ! But how are you caressing mine dingles, ven your hands are on the wall ? :o

:D LOL.It boggles the mind.........

I've read of people having sex in strangle places being a major turn-on for them. U.S. Congressman John Jenrette once had sex on the steps of the Capitol Building in Washington DC! Maybe it is even better if they are caught in the act. Whatever floats their boat.

Oh,how about you visit India next time,i hear they REALLY LOVE DISRESPECT TO THEIR RELIGION... :o

Uh, well in India, you can have all the kama sutra-type temple carvings to look at while you are doing the deed yourselves.

Edited by bonobo

My wife told me that it was mentioned on Thai TV channel 3 news that after the couple were arrested and fined, they were permanently banned from ever visiting Thailand again and put on the blacklist as undesirables.

Although this may seem a joke to many and I’m no prude, but I left the West to get away from all these type of things as this sort of conduct leads to more serious antisocial behaviour such as what has happened in the UK.

Thailand is unique and as yet still mostly unspoiled by thuggish and antisocial idiots.

I would like it to stay that way.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been touched upon:

Hindu temple frescoes sometimes show erotic sensual embraces. Granted, Hinayana Buddhism is different from Hinduism, but much of Thailand's temples have lifted much of their stylized artwork of Hinduism. In many Thai Buddhist temples, the art style looks nearly identical to Hindu styles which influenced it in many details.

That's not to condone sex acts in temples of any kind - except maybe the Temple of Bob (you'd have to be from California to understand that reference).

If "Cleanliness is next to Godliness," then sex can't be far behind, can it? Oh, sorry, that's a Christian truism.

BTW, has anyone reading this ever had a spiritual enlightenment type experience while having sex? I have. (let the flames begin)

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been touched upon:

Hindu temple frescoes sometimes show erotic sensual embraces. Granted, Hinayana Buddhism is different from Hinduism, but much of Thailand's temples have lifted much of their stylized artwork of Hinduism. In many Thai Buddhist temples, the art style looks nearly identical to Hindu styles which influenced it in many details.

That's not to condone sex acts in temples of any kind - except maybe the Temple of Bob (you'd have to be from California to understand that reference).

If "Cleanliness is next to Godliness," then sex can't be far behind, can it? Oh, sorry, that's a Christian truism.

BTW, has anyone reading this ever had a spiritual enlightenment type experience while having sex? I have. (let the flames begin)

NOBODY questions how the Guard happen to find out - did he peek, did he follow them, sneak up behind them?

Did they really had intercourse, or only kissed and engaging in some sexual activities... how can the guard tell?

I just wonder!

And yes brahmburger, agree very much - what road to which liberation - if having something as natural as sex in whatever place, is considered blasphemy and persecuted as a major felony.

And then, yes once they've been temples, once, today much of it are only heaps of bricks, remnants of time, ruins.

I have always been highly suspicious of the "guardians of the holy grail", as it is only their power and influence they are guarding!

Well, but then they should have known...

Surely this is religious persecution.

These things I command you, that ye love one another. (John 15:17)

Can we expect hordes of Thais shagging in Westminster Abbey now in retaliation? They seem to be shagging everywhere else in the UK.

Through movies and stories like this, majority of farangs to me are people ready to have sex anytime. Not true to every farang of course. Can't they think of other places instead of temples?

Through personal observations, stories heard, things seen, teen pregnancies seen, and so on, I think the majority of Thai are having sex all the time without restrictive measures. Probably not true of all Thai, of course.

Well Said, I wish it was Dubai and they were doing it up against the wall of a Mosque. They would have been locked up for a while to think about how F'ing ignorant and disrespectful they were. Nasty peasants.

Yes. Let's have a public stoning. You dig the hole in the ground to put them in while the the TV puritans can bring the jagged rocks to throw at their heads. In the interim, I understand the military is holding a reception for the PAD folks that took over the airport costing Thailand hundreds of million of baht. There's supposed to be punch and pie.

Something very disturbing about screaming for blood over an incident of poor judgement, where there was no physical injury or property damage. Very disturbing indeed.

Firstly, you ramble. Secondly I spoke about a prison sentence, not violence, hence no blood. And thirdly for you to defend something as blatantly disrespectful as that then your probably just as ignorant as them.

Two German tourists arrested for having sex in ancient Ayutthaya temple

AYAUTTAYA: -- -Two German tourists were caught in the act and fined Bt500 each for having sex inside an ancient temple in this central province Monday.

The couple were found by an official of National Historical Park of Ayutthaya having sex on a wall of the Srisanphet Temple at 12:30pm.

They stopped when the park official, Phaithoon Puengthong, blew his whistle while running toward them.

The couple were handed over to police and were fined Bt500 each before released.

-- The Nation 2008-12-08

So what were they charged with, maybe having sex without paying for it?

Try having sex in St Peter's in Rome, or in a mosque or a synagogue, only a 1000 baht in total fines, grossly inadequate.

It is not amusing to disrespect any religion.

Why? Do religions deserve respect?

Well Christianity certainly got plenty of respect back in the Spanish Inquisition. A point not lost on some others these days. So yes, the ones that are likely to kill you sure you.

Seriously impressed that the structure they were doing it on didn't collapse. I wish you could get that level of workmanship in Thai construction these days. Two Germans on top of each other. Serious load bearing on the structure.

Through movies and stories like this, majority of farangs to me are people ready to have sex anytime. Not true to every farang of course. Can't they think of other places instead of temples?

Through personal observations, stories heard, things seen, teen pregnancies seen, and so on, I think the majority of Thai are having sex all the time without restrictive measures. Probably not true of all Thai, of course.

Well, now you mention, I do think of many others places too... but doing it outside, amidst ruins... ahhh... what can I say ?

--> Just join me, I'll show you ! ^^