Prices For Land Clearing

deanoEFC

You get clearing ... and you get clearing...... depends largely on what work has to be done:

- is it just scrubland type bush

- are there trees that have to be pulled up/dug out

- rocks - lots of(?) ... are they big/small.

Some guys will give you a fixed price, some will charge by the day.

hello everyone can anyone give me some idea on how much it would cost to clear with tractor about 11 or 12 rai ready for rubbertree,

many thanx in advance deano.... :o

I"m afraid my information is dated 2003. I had 12 rai cleared of about 100 trees and all the associated mounds etc. It was done by 5 Ford 6610's and a macro in a couple of days for 70,000 baht. As a guess the rates have increased some 50% since then. I did not have the land ploughed but it was graded to a reasonable flatness. Currently in Sisaket a 6610 will plough for about 600 baht per hour.

Hope that helps

Isaanaussie

hello everyone can anyone give me some idea on how much it would cost to clear with tractor about 11 or 12 rai ready for rubbertree,

I"m afraid my information is dated 2003. I had 12 rai cleared of about 100 trees and all the associated mounds etc. It was done by 5 Ford 6610's and a macro in a couple of days for 70,000 baht. As a guess the rates have increased some 50% since then. I did not have the land ploughed but it was graded to a reasonable flatness. Currently in Sisaket a 6610 will plough for about 600 baht per hour.

Hope that helps

Isaanaussie

cheers gents

Hope that helps

Isaanaussie

hel_l - Baht 600 p/hour!

Bit steep - any idea how many rai there are doing p/hour?

If you want to know about the price of land clearing/cleaning, for rubber trees, this is small fry compared to what it will cost to look after non-producing trees for 6+ years, unless of course you inter-crop with something, search the forum for ideas,

Good luck, Lickey.

Hope that helps

Isaanaussie

hel_l - Baht 600 p/hour!

The local 6610 I mentioned has a seven disc harrow and is using that to "plough" to a depth of about 4-5" on average. He seems to handle around 4 rai per hour. I am using my little Iseki with a 4 x 20" disc plough and ploughing to 8-9" depth covering one rai per hour. I have a 1400mm wide Kubota rotary and using that at maximum depth plus a clean up pass I cover 1 rai/hr as well. In my case I charge out at around 300 baht per rai for the rotary which is not bad as the old girl only uses 3 litres per hour flat out.

I cleared about 14 rai earlier this year.

The land was like a jungle mostly giant bamboo. I left what trees there were in place.

the macro cost 80,000 baht and the land still needs levelling and ploughing which I think will cost around another 20,000

The cost of the macro included a fee for permission to go ahead!

Hope that helps

Isaanaussie

hel_l - Baht 600 p/hour!

The local 6610 I mentioned has a seven disc harrow and is using that to "plough" to a depth of about 4-5" on average. He seems to handle around 4 rai per hour. I am using my little Iseki with a 4 x 20" disc plough and ploughing to 8-9" depth covering one rai per hour. I have a 1400mm wide Kubota rotary and using that at maximum depth plus a clean up pass I cover 1 rai/hr as well. In my case I charge out at around 300 baht per rai for the rotary which is not bad as the old girl only uses 3 litres per hour flat out.

Okay - at around 4 rai p/hour thats pretty much the going rate - makes sense now.

If you want to know about the price of land clearing/cleaning, for rubber trees, this is small fry compared to what it will cost to look after non-producing trees for 6+ years, unless of course you inter-crop with something, search the forum for ideas,

Good luck, Lickey.

i have done b4 i put that question up, maybe cassava,but thats not what i was asking,thanx 4 your input lickey any chance 4 that small fry info...

cheers deano

Hope that helps

Isaanaussie

hel_l - Baht 600 p/hour!

Okay - at around 4 rai p/hour thats pretty much the going rate - makes sense now.

so thats 4 rai p/hr at 600b p/hr am i right? that seems ok,great help again guys

Good luck, Lickey.

i have done b4 i put that question up, maybe cassava,but thats not what i was asking,thanx 4 your input lickey any chance 4 that small fry info...

cheers deano

Hi Dean, here is a topic with this years tractor/land clearing prices, and the other link is about inter-cropping with rubber trees.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Tractor-Hire...amp;hl=tractors

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/7813/seri.htm

On the Thai Visa link there are some members who havent posted for some time, if you need, PM them.

For a more accurate answer,people really need to know what ground conditions you have, is it young jungle,old jungle, big trees, little trees,rocks or red clay,is it just weeds and bushes? is it hillside or flat land? What do you want to do with the re-sulting heap of rubbish, cart it away in trucks? burn it,plough it in?

Also while you have the tractor there, do you need a pond or lake dug to collect the rainy seasons water? rubber trees grow better with year round irrigation.

Food for thought, Cheers Lickey..

Good luck, Lickey.

cheers deano

Hi Dean, here is a topic with this years tractor/land clearing prices, and the other link is about inter-cropping with rubber trees.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Tractor-Hire...amp;hl=tractors

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/7813/seri.htm

On the Thai Visa link there are some members who havent posted for some time, if you need, PM them.

For a more accurate answer,people really need to know what ground conditions you have, is it young jungle,old jungle, big trees, little trees,rocks or red clay,is it just weeds and bushes? is it hillside or flat land? What do you want to do with the re-sulting heap of rubbish, cart it away in trucks? burn it,plough it in?

Also while you have the tractor there, do you need a pond or lake dug to collect the rainy seasons water? rubber trees grow better with year round irrigation.

Food for thought, Cheers Lickey..

mate big lack of info from me,newbie blues! an priceless info again from people on tv, thanx lickey big help..

Deano,

One thing you may consider is the use of any timber available from the clearing. In the process of clearing our block some 100 trees were removed. These were sawn into housing size timber (2x4's) at a cost of around 7K baht. That green timber was then floated in a local pond for a year and subsequently used for different construction projects. The yield totalled over a kilometre of around 8 foot lengths. If you cant use it yourself you can always sell it.

(I will await the flurry of responses regarding permissions needed etc, but simply state that the locals were allowed to take the limbs at no charge for firewood and we didnt have any issues.)

Isaanaussie

Deano,

One thing you may consider is the use of any timber available from the clearing. In the process of clearing our block some 100 trees were removed. These were sawn into housing size timber (2x4's) at a cost of around 7K baht. That green timber was then floated in a local pond for a year and subsequently used for different construction projects. The yield totalled over a kilometre of around 8 foot lengths. If you cant use it yourself you can always sell it.

(I will await the flurry of responses regarding permissions needed etc, but simply state that the locals were allowed to take the limbs at no charge for firewood and we didnt have any issues.)

Isaanaussie

yes isaanaussie thats great to hear u had no issues with that,thanx mate

deano...

Hope that helps

Isaanaussie

How much is a macro per hour currently? I am filling up pond, which was used for shrimp farming.