What Is The Most Delicious Food I Have To Try In My Vacation In Thailand?

n2t

The OP also wants to try traditional Thai food.

Poo Phat Pong Garee isn't traditional Thai. Actually, curry powder holds no place in tradtional Thai cuisine.

Someone mentioned Khao Man Kai - that's a rip off of Yunnanese Chicken on Rice.

Another says 'Bah Mee', again another import from China. Actually, noodles aren't traditionally Thai food at all.

Khao Man Gai is a Hainanese rice dish actually originated in Hainan Island in China. IMHO, Singapore makes the best version of it called Hainanese Chicken Rice. Available at Boon Tong Kiat, 16 Thong Lor. :) My 2 cents.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All those thai dishes tasted fine to me so far... I'd recommend Durian like many others, delicious!

Just be carefull to pick a good piece!!! when you press your fingers into the white/yellow fruitmeat it should be soft with just a little hard top on it. That's when they taste best. Don't take the hard ones, don't take the melted ones because you'll never eat Durian again and you will not know what you're really missing! First time I ate a hard one and it tasted like uncooked califlower and it took me 5 months before I tried a good piece and was sold! Don't trust the salesman... Taste with your finger first!