When Is Spinach Available In The Markets?

NancyL

I'm fairly new to living (and cooking) in Thailand. I'm adjusting to our Thai-style kitchen and so far my cooking adventures have consisted of buying prepared street food and adding other ingredients -- like pineapple, green bell pepper and more cashews to the cashew chicken from the vendor in the lobby of our condo. I'd love to add spinach to many meals but haven't seen it in the Thai fresh markets nor the Tops in the basement of KSK/Central. I haven't ventured into the large Rim Ping yet, so maybe it's there.

I noticed that when we order some dishes that should be made with spinach, like the Korean bibimap (I misspelled that!), they make it with lettuce, not spinach.

So when is spinach season in Thailand? I really miss it and bought it year-round when we lived in the U.S.

I'm fairly new to living (and cooking) in Thailand. I'm adjusting to our Thai-style kitchen and so far my cooking adventures have consisted of buying prepared street food and adding other ingredients -- like pineapple, green bell pepper and more cashews to the cashew chicken from the vendor in the lobby of our condo. I'd love to add spinach to many meals but haven't seen it in the Thai fresh markets nor the Tops in the basement of KSK/Central. I haven't ventured into the large Rim Ping yet, so maybe it's there.

I noticed that when we order some dishes that should be made with spinach, like the Korean bibimap (I misspelled that!), they make it with lettuce, not spinach.

So when is spinach season in Thailand? I really miss it and bought it year-round when we lived in the U.S.

Have seen it only frozen 'all year round', or substitute with young kale (pak kanaa)...