Democrats Possibly Face Dissolution

Colonel_Mustard

Democrats could face dissolution: EC

The Puea Thai party filed a complaint with the Election Commission (EC) against the Democrat party after its leader and newly elected prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva appeared to team up with banned politician Newin Chidchob.

EC member Prapun Naigowit, referring to the Puea Thai's petition, said the photograph of Mr Abhisit hugging with Mr Newin in an attempt to get more MPs to help the Democrat party set up the new administration could violate articles 96 and 98 of the constitution.

Continued at:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=135426

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps could be moved to News Cliipings Forum:

The Puea Thai party filed a complaint with the Election Commission (EC) against the Democrat party after its leader and newly elected prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva appeared to team up with banned politician Newin Chidchob.

EC member Prapun Naigowit, referring to the Puea Thai's petition, said the photograph of Mr Abhisit hugging with Mr Newin in an attempt to get more MPs to help the Democrat party set up the new administration could violate articles 96 and 98 of the constitution.

Continued at:

Grasping at any straw they can. If he wai-ed at Newin it would be ok but since he hugged him he violated the constitution?

You have to understand that the Democrats are favored by people higher up the food chain--probably pretty close to the top, so they will have done nothing wrong. Just wait and see.

Well Scott: Please tell me how hugging a member of another politcal party violates the constitution?

Bkk-James: I don't think it does violate the constitution and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I like the guy. I hope he does well and I hope things stabilize. I hope he is clean, and have every reason to believe he is.

In the event he isn't or he does something wrong, I just have a strong feeling he will receive a bit of favored treatment--at least at this point in time.

You have to understand that the Democrats are favored by people higher up the food chain--probably pretty close to the top, so they will have done nothing wrong. Just wait and see.

Well Scott: Please tell me how hugging a member of another politcal party violates the constitution?

Am I first to say he should resign :o He should hang his head in shame. Democrat my dogs ass!

Or a long time popular TV chef turned prime minister being barred for cooking!

Whatever happens, we have to keep the spotlight on this for what it is... A fascist coup.

Whatever the courts "decide" will be what their masters "decide" for them. Doesn't stop the rest of Thailand or the World for that matter from drawing conclusions.

Let this Installed government and its backers show the world just what they are about. Believe me, Thai people have access to this as well now and are (worryingly for the elites) becoming more savvy.

Take a chill pill, grandpops.

"Fascist coup", "your dogs ass" - you are too emotional at the moment for a discussion. Whatever valid arguments you have get totally lost with this kind of presentation.

I'd love to know who is really in charge according to your theory when calm down a bit.

Take a chill pill, grandpops.

"Fascist coup", "your dogs ass" - you are too emotional at the moment for a discussion. Whatever valid arguments you have get totally lost with this kind of presentation.

I'd love to know who is really in charge according to your theory when calm down a bit.

If you don't know now, you never will!

There are no major news outlets saying anything other than this is an installed Government. It's a coup pure and simple and the "democrats" were put in power at the third attempt on the orders of the Last Coup and Constitution re-writers.

Perhaps in your quest for knowledge you should re-read many old posts from here and abroad.

It will be interesting to see what they do with an economy destroyed by PAD, a major world downturn and the PAD, Army, Banks, and big businesses all wanting their money from the trough that Sondhi holed! Add to this the relentless pressure that will now fall on his "un-fit to rule" head and it should be fun.

Chilled, and got the beer out mate. It's now up you you PADdies to defend your parties decisions whilst they last.

Oh for godssakes - who are these hidden fascists?

Last coup maker Gen Sonthi?

Prem himself?

If knowledge is a dangerous thing, you are one of the safest people on here. Am not responding anymore to this.!

And I just raised by hopes that the fascist masters would be finally unmasked....

If you have become paranoid - just because you think that someone's after you, doesn't mean they are.

Know how you feel Pops... :D

Lead thirsty horse to water...drink horse...look horse...water...oh for Gods Sake horse drink the bloody water... :D

The joy of the freedom of speech.

I always wondered where the Yellow Brick Road leads.... :o

Kettle calling the Teapot black nothing more.

And a rather desperate kettle at that.

Newin was banned WITH Thaksin BEFORE

or at least during the labor pangs of PPP coming into being.

Why do you think the Buriram faction of PPP was called "Friends Of Newin"?

Because he was banned with TRT years ago and still has 3 years to go.

He was in Thaksin's, 'Shinawatra Building War Room'

of ex TRT execs plotting as recently as this summer.

With multiple Somchai cabinet members, PPP MP's and the PM's wife in attendance .

How blatant was that?

So the LAST 2 PPP coalition governments were in bed and tuckied in,

with Newin controling his faction quite openly for the last year.

And quite openly consorting with MOST all of TRT's banned players too.

He just switched sides, and now they are trying to cry foul,

make and issue of what they just did for a year themselves.

This is total bullshit and croccodial tears from PTP.

It's OK when they do it,

but not for the opposition to BEAT them at the EXACT same tactic.

Aren't they now MAD because THEY couldn't get NEWIN'S team ON THEIRS...

Truly pathetic bunch of prats!

Not to mention PTP PPP are controled by Thaksin's phone calls and money.

They really have cheek to suddenly decide Newin is off the reservation with the Dems.

Won't got anywhere, because it's BS.

Edited by animatic

Prem himself?

If knowledge is a dangerous thing, you are one of the safest people on here. Am not responding anymore to this.!

And I just raised by hopes that the fascist masters would be finally unmasked....

If you have become paranoid - just because you think that someone's after you, doesn't mean they are.

:o Why bother?

You won't catch anything useful coming out of that one, if he had a clue he'd be dangerous as it is he's not.

I don't see any risk to the Demos at all as things stand right now. If this silliness is valid and were to be enforced it would shut down any remnants of TRT for good.

He is banned from hugging :o:D :D

no one would have believed Samak had to be banned because of a cooking show.

I have faith that the courts will apply the laws consistently and properly.

-------

Newin should not be involving himself in politics, he has a 5 year ban.

Edited by mc2

-------

Samak was de-seated [not banned] from having a second job, nothing more or less. That it was a cooking job in tv doesn't matter. Well, unless it's the apologists crying.

Newin and everyone banned should stay out of politics. That anyone close to TTT/PPP/PTP would complain is however just pure irony.

-------

Samak was de-seated [not banned] from having a second job, nothing more or less. That it was a cooking job in tv doesn't matter. Well, unless it's the apologists crying.

Newin and everyone banned should stay out of politics. That anyone close to TTT/PPP/PTP would complain is however just pure irony.

Well, none of them are involved in politics now, they are doing what they are told.... for now.

Democracy and the poor dis-enfranchised (three times in two years) are the losers here.

All Thais are equal it says, but some Thais (bangkok) are more equal than others it seems.

-------

Well, none of them are involved in politics now, they are doing what they are told.... for now.

Democracy and the poor dis-enfranchised (three times in two years) are the losers here.

All Thais are equal it says, but some Thais (bangkok) are more equal than others it seems.

"None" of them are involved? None of whom, the former TRT? Or the PPP? Really? Are you for real?

I think if anything the past few years should have taught people is that politics in Thailand can get pretty ugly and that there are some not nice people in this business. I think we can see that the judicial system can act more swiftly in some cases than others.

In this case, I think the most powerful people are quite happy with the outcome of this, so there is likely to be no action unless he does something really quite wrong.

Secondly, this outcome wasn't exactly predictable and is a 'compromise', which Thais really seem to like, so he will likely at least get a 'honeymoon' period before people get too nasty.

Know how you feel Pops... :D

Lead thirsty horse to water...drink horse...look horse...water...oh for Gods Sake horse drink the bloody water... :o

The joy of the freedom of speech....

So no names then.

Why did you mention freedom of speech if you can't say who is behind Abhisit led government.

If people have unnatural fear of naming names of those who are out to get us all they should probably consult a shrink.

Retired generals? Chaisit Shinawatra perhaps? Anupong himself?

If you are not truly suffering from paranoia, I can think of several reasons to keep quiet - there's no name to your conspiracy, you know nothing about it, you expected Thaksin to say something but he didn't, or you are posting this for fun only, any of the names said out loud would instantly make you look ridiculous, so better keep an air or secrecy.

Well, here's a news for you - your emperor has no clothes unless you at least try to explain where or what they are.

Btw, I mostly address this to people like Grandpops, I don't know your posting history at all, Roadman.

The Peau Thai party made the complaint. The EC have to take it seriously. They cant just say "you gotta be jokin when you guys were all off goin down on ole dear leader we didnt do anything, so why should we now"

However, it is highly unlikely cuddling Newin will lead to disolution if publicly bending over and taking it from Master Thaksin never did.

Prem himself?

You are being a little bit silly with Gramps here. Yes one PM sacked over a cooking show and another pursued for hugging. Both completely ridiculous, shows why the constitution does need amending. However as the elite, PAD, army etc support the Democrats then nothing likely will come of it. Hopefully the new government will be allowed to actually govern.

PAD and co. act like fascists. They helped engineer the overthrow of a democratically elected government and have a stated facist agenda including appointed governments, what don't you understand about that? Also you also know with certain claims being made outside the country that some things cannot be repeated here.

Taksin had many undesirable traits, he was ousted, so be it. His replacements have used every dirty trick in the book and have wallowed in the gutter to achieve government. Just because you are happy with Taksins departure doesn't mean that you need see how he was ousted with rose tinted glasses. It is simply back to the future. For most foreigners, me included, it should be back to business as usual, but it isn't necessarily a good outcome for the country.

Stock responses from a leaking tyre.

Funny how these politicos are so quick to quote the constitution they, a few days ago, were so keen to rewrite.

Sorry I forgot, they weren't going to rewrite that bit, only the bit that gets their sugar daddy off the hook and the bit that allows them to get away with their past dirty deals, and the bit that allows them free rein for their future dirty deals.

This, like all Thai politics, is just all wind and p1ss.

For the unpteenth time.

1 ) Samak was found guilty of taking compensation from a media company

that was doing business with state controlled media outlets.

2 Samak was cooking AND talking politics at the same time.

So the media company was paying him to spout his brand of political speech.

Free TV cover age, nay PAID to be on tv,

to talk politics and stroked for his hobby of cooking.

3 ) As head of the government Samak had control over most of the media outlets,

that this media company sold their programing to.

This IS conflict of interest, no question.

It was not simply 'because he cooked on TV'.

Continued at:

This is rather ridiculous seeing the fact that several MP of theire own party Puea Thai publicly declared that an convicted criminal will give financial and other support to persuade MP to vote for their candidate as PM.