Yingluck To Run In Chiang Mai For A House Seat

mc2

Yingluck to run in Chiang Mai

Pheu Thai MP Withaya Buranasiri said on Tuesday his party was preparing to endorse candidates for the January 11 by-elections.

Yingluck Shinawatra, sister of former prime minister Thaksin, is expected to run for a House seat from Chiang Mai, he added.

The Nation

old_10548.jpg

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30091119

Edited by mc2

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think she would make a good politician.

Dont just judge her because she is Thaksins sister. They are 2 different people.

Also thai politics is too male dominated.

Two different people, really? Thanks for that. Politics too male dominated, blame Asia, not politics - I spoke to the politics about this fact and they said that both male or female can be one.

Dont just judge her because she is Thaksins sister. They are 2 different people.

:o

But explain why good, Is it just because she is a woman?

It will be good as it protracts the Thaksin Dynesty. It sets the stage for the next generation to free themselves from the top down "educated" thai's of Bangkok.

Anybody familiar with life before Thaksin will remember how much he improved the infrastructure up there.

It will be good as gets up the noses of PAD and their paymasters.

Good because they will have to use another massive chunk of Thai assets to try to keep their snouts and the trough.

It will be good as it protracts the Thaksin Dynesty. It sets the stage for the next generation to free themselves from the top down "educated" thai's of Bangkok.

Anybody familiar with life before Thaksin will remember how much he improved the infrastructure up there.

Good because they will have to use another massive chunk of Thai assets to try to keep their snouts and the trough.

Whose assets are you talking about? The Thai treasury, or Thaksin. As I remeber Thaksin wasn't to adverse to sticking his nose in the trough.

Whose assets are you talking about? The Thai treasury, or Thaksin. As I remeber Thaksin wasn't to adverse to sticking his nose in the trough.

its widely accepted that Thai politicians all have their nose in the trough.

That why an outsider would be good, Yingluck is perfect. Plus she is quite attractive despite her age. I bet she spends a small fortune on beauty creams etc every week. anyway good luck to her, I am sure she will win.

by the way, if she went up against abhisit in a general election, I think we all know who would come out on top. she could very well be the next PM .... Thailands first female PM.

Edited by mc2

That why an outsider would be good, Yingluck is perfect. Plus she is quite attractive despite her age. I bet she spends a small fortune on beauty creams etc every week. anyway good luck to her, I am sure she will win.

by the way, if she went up against abhisit in a general election, I think we all know who would come out on top. she could very well be the next PM .... Thailands first female PM.

Are you trying to line-up the PR gig for her?

Are you trying to line-up the PR gig for her?

I thing he's trying to line up something, but I'm not sure if it is a PR position or a shag. :D

One can only hope that her PTP colleagues remember to nominate her for the election. Their record is less than perfect on this. :o

Perhaps Abhisit's wife should stand, in a similarly-safe seat, also to encourage increased female representation ? Or is the present domination of politics, by relatively-few well-connected families like these ladies', part of the problem ? :D

Also, I don't recall any serious infrastructure-improvements up here, over the past several years, which Thaksin might claim credit for, what were they ?

What are her qualifications?

shopping

What has she accomplished, on her own, in life?

shopping

Why has she never married?

shopping

What are her views on the various pressing issues now facing Thailand?

increase high street spending

leave the poor woman alone you yellow belly! :o

you missed the most important question of all for a politician:

Will people vote for her in the ballot box ?

and the answer to that is a resounding yes.

your first 3 questions don't mean much, what about bill gates, he had no qualifications, no record of success , not married at the time, yet went along to fame and fortune and success.

why does it matter if she has not married yet ? its her personal choice , and doesn't affect anything .

also, people don't accomplish anything of great importance without the help of others in some form.

as for her views, they would be aligned with Thaksinomics etc no doubt. and millions of people love that.

John

Those are very good questions but unfortunately are tinted through western eyes. The only questions that are relevant are;

Does she have a degree as required by current law?

Does she have or have access to money?

Not sure about the first one but the second question is an answer in the affermative.

you missed the most important question of all for a politician:

Will people vote for her in the ballot box ?

and the answer to that is a resounding yes.

your first 3 questions don't mean much, what about bill gates, he had no qualifications, no record of success , not married at the time, yet went along to fame and fortune and success.

why does it matter if she has not married yet ? its her personal choice , and doesn't affect anything .

also, people don't accomplish anything of great importance without the help of others in some form.

as for her views, they would be aligned with Thaksinomics etc no doubt. and millions of people love that.

So... in other words, you don't know or aren't sure about the answers to any of the questions. Thank you.

btw, Bill Gates is a good person to choose to compare her with. When he was her age he was a billionaire (in dollars, not baht) and been the founder and CEO of Microsoft for 22 years. Some might not agree with your assessment that "he had no qualifications, no record of success."

And you'd also be right if you were to say that some people don't accomplish anything of even mediocre importance without the complete helps of others in almost all forms.

Edited by sriracha john

I think he's talking about Yingluck's "assets" :D

I have no idea as to the answer to any of those questions but I just cannot see the relevance of the 3rd question. Perhaps you could explain why her marital status is of any importance.

John

Those are very good questions but unfortunately are tinted through western eyes. The only questions that are relevant are;

Does she have a degree as required by current law?

Does she have or have access to money?

Not sure about the first one but the second question is an answer in the affermative.

I believe she's been conferred an honorary degree from Shinawatra University in Pathumthani. Does that suffice?

When he older brother loses 76 Billion Baht next month, will she still have access to money?

I have no idea as to the answer to any of those questions but I just cannot see the relevance of the 3rd question. Perhaps you could explain why her marital status is of any importance.

So you don't know the answer to any of the answers, either? Thank you.

Just asked out of curiosity about the 3rd question. It's just that most women her age are or have been married. It was not of much importance at all, mainly just wondering; but I will say it came to mind again after reading this...

Abhisit may be looked down upon for his connections to extreme right-wing factions, but it is good to finally see a homosexual prime minister accepted so freely.

and it just occurred that if that is what explains her life-long single status, then perhaps it'd be good for Thailand to have the first lesbian Prime Minister someday.

But anyway, as I've said, it's not of much importance really. It's a shame no one seems to know much about anything about her, yet it's supposed to be "good news" that's she's running for office.

Edited by sriracha john

Because when she gets banned for 5 years, as many Thai politicians seem to these days, she'll need a close relative to run in her place ?

Bill Gates would be an excellent choice, having given away a large percentage of his/his wife's assets to charity, which is a good example to set other super-rich hi-so people ! :o

Edited by Ricardo

Just asked out of curiosity about the 3rd question. It's just that most women her age are or have been married. It was not of much importance at all, mainly just wondering; but I will say it came to mind again after reading this...

Abhisit may be looked down upon for his connections to extreme right-wing factions, but it is good to finally see a homosexual prime minister accepted so freely.

and it just occurred that if that is what explains her life-long single status, then perhaps it'd be good for Thailand to have the first lesbian Prime Minister someday.

But anyway, as I've said, it's not of much importance really. It's a shame no one seems to know much about anything about her, yet it's supposed to be "good news" that's she's running for office.

well its "good news" for me because I support her. I was the topic starter so I can write what I want. Sorry to disappoint you.

As for the lesbian allegation , I doubt it. Why dont you admit you don't know instead of making wild assumptions.

She is first and foremost a business woman who has put her career first. Many career oriented women don't have time for family. I admit I don't know for sure but certainly a more reasonable theory than your melodramatic lesbian accusation.

Edited by mc2

well its "good news" for me because I support her. I was the topic starter so I can write what I want. Sorry to disappoint you.

As for the lesbian allegation , I doubt it. Why dont you admit you don't know instead of making wild assumptions.

She is first and foremost a business woman who has put her career first. Many career oriented women don't have time for family. I admit I don't know for sure but certainly a more reasonable theory than your melodramatic lesbian accusation.

Indeed you can "write what you want." I was just curious about why you wrote what you wrote. The only disappointment is that you can't seem to explain why.

I didn't make any wild assumption. I certainly don't know if she is or not a lesbian. I do know, however, that any number of life-long single women in that age bracket are of that persuasion and that's just being factual, not melodramatic. If you feel it is, perhaps you could also respond to siam4ever with that same stance. Or not, because you can certainly write what you want. It's actually a very viable explanation and I would have thought my other comments would have inferred that if it's true, then I see it as a positive step for Thailand. Why do you seem to presume I would think of it as something negative and chose to consider my comments as a "wild assumption" and "melodramatic accusation"?

As a businesswoman, what has her career encompassed?