Notification Of Staying In The Kingdom Over 90 Daysvia Mail

Hey

I am supposed to go to the immigration on December the 23rd to register for the 90 day period

I have checked their website and it is not clear to me when to send the request via mail before the stamped date

If I were to go there it is clear that it can be done 'within 7 days prior or after the date'

If I send it 'Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to ....address'

Does that mean that if i send it tomorrow (17th) it will be too late?

thanks

alyx

You can send it today and it will be there in plenty of time. Note: the postage is 10 baht for the return envelope not 5 as it says on webpage.

Thanks Ubonjoe

As a matter of fact I have just been informed that I wouldn't be able to use this mail service as I am a Bangkok's resident

Thanks anyway

You can send it today and it will be there in plenty of time. Note: the postage is 10 baht for the return envelope not 5 as it says on webpage.

Thanks Ubonjoe

As a matter of fact I have just been informed that I wouldn't be able to use this mail service as I am a Bangkok's resident

Thanks anyway

That doesn't make sense. Who told you that????

Thanks Ubonjoe

Thanks anyway

That doesn't make sense. Who told you that????

Lopburi 3 who new just about everything always used to say that Bangkok Residents could not use this service.

It was for up country residents only.

• 2 weeks later...
Lopburi 3 who new just about everything always used to say that Bangkok Residents could not use this service.

It was for up country residents only.

That answers my question. Agreed, Lopburi 3 is the authority.

It might be that policy has changed. Or it might be that somebody writing a website thought that the main appeal of this service was for those who lived upcountry and would be more greatly inconvenienced by having to travel to make their 90 day report.

Several years ago, I remember reading on either the Immigration Police web site or the Royal Consulate in Bangkok's web site, reading a phrase like this one "Residents upcountry may mail their 90 day notification...", but that language is currently not present on either the Immigration Police web site or the Los Angeles Consulate web site.

Given that there is currently no language evident on the government web sites that indicates the service is not for Bangkok residents, at a minimum, I would ask if I can send my notification by mail the next time I visited Immigration.

Given that there is currently no language evident on the government web sites that indicates the service is not for Bangkok residents, at a minimum, I would ask if I can send my notification by mail the next time I visited Immigration.

Look here Rick.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/90-Day-Repor...95#entry2437695

From that thread, opalhort wrote:

"I do live in BKK and have reported my mail ever since it was possible and never had a problem."

So, I see people saying that they don't believe they can report by mail, and Opaihort saying that he does so without any problem. Seems to me all the real evidence points to being able to report to Bangkok Immigration via mail, no mattery were you live in Thailand.

Since I don't live near Bangkok, the question is purely achedemic and will refuse to entertain doubters any longer.

Happy new year to all of you!

Hey

I am supposed to go to the immigration on December the 23rd to register for the 90 day period

I have checked their website and it is not clear to me when to send the request via mail before the stamped date

If I were to go there it is clear that it can be done 'within 7 days prior or after the date'

If I send it 'Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to ....address'

Does that mean that if i send it tomorrow (17th) it will be too late?

thanks

alyx

Per the immigration web site you should send via registered mail the TM47 package seven days before the reporting renewal date. I see quite a few people use the faster EMS mailing which allows better tracking. That gives the Thai Postal system seven days to get it to immigration (although I expect it will arrive sooner...but if it don't you still got 7 days on the other side of the due date for the mail to arrive). You are allowed to report plus or minus 7 days of the report renewal/due date. On my first reporting the Immigration Window Three 90 Day Reporting window lady told me about the plus or minus 7 day period...and that info matches up with what the immigration web site says.