Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Just a quickie.

I've noticed an increase in vibration starting at 8500rpm. (It's always been there).

It is rather uncomfortable and noticeable.

Next time you're out and about have a buzz up to those revs and let me know if you would. Thanks.

It makes me NOT want to go above 8000rpm, I feel I'm going to vibrate myself to death!!!

Can't remember if it was the same on the 2011 er?

Keep those good times vibrating giggle.gif

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quickie.

I've noticed an increase in vibration starting at 8500rpm. (It's always been there).

Next time you're out and about have a buzz up to those revs and let me know if you would. Thanks.

It makes me NOT want to go above 8000rpm, I feel I'm going to vibrate myself to death!!!

Is the vibration unrelated to speed? ie you get it above 8000rpm regardless of what gear you are in?

A few things to check- is your chain properly adjusted? The Thai-made DID chains are crap, prone to kinking, and wear out way too early.

You might want to have your wheels balanced.

Check your tires for unusual wear, ie cupping or scalloping.

Finally, check to make sure your rear wheel is properly aligned.

Best of luck!!!

T

Just a quickie.

Is the vibration unrelated to speed? ie you get it above 8000rpm regardless of what gear you are in?

A few things to check- is your chain properly adjusted? The Thai-made DID chains are crap, prone to kinking, and wear out way too early.

Best of luck!!!

T

Cheers Tony - it is engine related, the same when you are at a standstill.

Just a quickie.

Best of luck!!!

T

Yikes! That's not good! Put her back to stock and take her in for warranty claim asap. Could be a bad bearing and you'll want to get it sorted BEFORE it comes apart!

FWIW you might be better off taking it to Kawasaki Rama 9 as I've heard the mechanics at Kawasaki Mityon are a bit... erm... how to put it politely... well, you get my point :)

Just a quickie.

Best of luck!!!

T

Yikes! That's not good! Put her back to stock and take her in for warranty claim asap. Could be a bad bearing and you'll want to get it sorted BEFORE it comes apart!

FWIW you might be better off taking it to Kawasaki Rama 9 as I've heard the mechanics at Kawasaki Mityon are a bit... erm... how to put it politely... well, you get my point smile.png

I'll try and rev another 2012 model before doing that,

Yes I know what you mean.

^ Just to add to that: The 2010 ER-6n definitely had no vibration at 8500 RPM... the opposite, vibrations would all go away above 7000 RPM which is why I'd often keep it revving really high even when not going fast ;).... up to 7k there was some vibration, above that all bliss ...

Mine is vibration free at those rpms, i even just popped outside my house and reved the bike (warm engine) to those speeds at a standstill and no serious vibrations to report.

My bike has covered 9000km now and has had it fair share of top speed runs, hard acceleration etc etc, so she's been given her fair share of stick and still runs fine.

I did however notice that the right hand side rear hugger bolt had come off and was causing the rear hugger to slap about on the swingarm, curious to see what other bolts will fall off before i have time to buy some tools and loctite things down :D

With regards to your bike Norm, whak the standard exhaust on and get her over to a decent Kwaker shop something isn't right mate :(

This vibration has started happening after the install of the full system right???

Is anything loose or misaligned with the system, could the vibration be due to the resonations of the straight through exhaust and less mounting points for it compared to the lead sponge of a stock exhaust that was on there previously?

Mine is vibration free at those rpms, i even just popped outside my house and reved the bike (warm engine) to those speeds at a standstill and no serious vibrations to report.

My bike has covered 9000km now and has had it fair share of top speed runs, hard acceleration etc etc, so she's been given her fair share of stick and still runs fine.

I did however notice that the right hand side rear hugger bolt had come off and was causing the rear hugger to slap about on the swingarm, curious to see what other bolts will fall off before i have time to buy some tools and loctite things down biggrin.png

With regards to your bike Norm, whak the standard exhaust on and get her over to a decent Kwaker shop something isn't right mate sad.png

This vibration has started happening after the install of the full system right???

Is anything loose or misaligned with the system, could the vibration be due to the resonations of the straight through exhaust and less mounting points for it compared to the lead sponge of a stock exhaust that was on there previously?

"lead sponge"! Love it! cheesy.gif

I did however notice that the right hand side rear hugger bolt had come off and was causing the rear hugger to slap about on the swingarm, curious to see what other bolts will fall off before i have time to buy some tools and loctite things down biggrin.png

With regards to your bike Norm, whak the standard exhaust on and get her over to a decent Kwaker shop something isn't right mate sad.png

Hahaha, no it's been there from the start and if Tony didn't feel it round Bira then it might be me being over-sensitive.

You know what I'm like - I can hear a moth fart from 300 yards man :)

Being single, I have to love and cherish something 555

If it's been there since the start and the bike has had its fair share of track days and abuse, i can assure you it's nothing to worry about.

If something was out of balance, loose or fitted incorrectly internally or externally it sure as hell would have fallen off or detonated it's self by now. :)

Sometimes (when hot) mine seems a little rattley but after 50kms or so it quiets down, this rattle/ticking makes me a little more paranoid of the engines vibrations but these 650's and Kawasaki have a great track record for reliability. The noise i'm hearing is nothing other than the cam chain tensioner..... or is it..... (Spooky haunted music plays in the background)

Hahaha, no it's been there from the start and if Tony didn't feel it round Bira then it might be me being over-sensitive.

You know what I'm like - I can hear a moth fart from 300 yards man smile.png

No, I didn't feel any unusual vibration from your bike when I rode it around BIRA, but I thought you said that this vibration only started recently and has been getting worse? Or maybe I misread your post... I think the only solution will be for you to let me flog her around the track again biggrin.png Seriously though, I thought your bike was very smooth and it was kind of nice to be able to hear the engine thanks to your lead sponge exhaust ;)

Edited by BigBikeBKK

You know what I'm like - I can hear a moth fart from 300 yards man smile.png

No, I didn't feel any unusual vibration from your bike when I rode it around BIRA, but I thought you said that this vibration only started recently and has been getting worse? Or maybe I misread your post... I think the only solution will be for you to let me flog her around the track again biggrin.png Seriously though, I thought your bike was very smooth and it was kind of nice to be able to hear the engine thanks to your lead sponge exhaust wink.png

That's it then - I'm the over sensitive type wai.gif

Went to Mitiyon this morning to do the 6k service (I've done 4.5k kms).

Noticed a few new er6ns in and got talking to a Thai lad who told me that thieves had stolen his front headlight unit!

Then I got talking to Off the main mechanic there and he proceeded to show me (see pic) of an older er6n whose Leo Vince and complete headlight unit had been stolen.

So, the new thief thing in bikes at the moment is taking headlight units from Kawasaki er6ns.

Thinking about it, it may be that KSR owners want a er6n front look about them?

Who knows, just keep yours locked up with a Xena alarm on!!!

What next?

post-52293-0-68109200-1332592475_thumb.j

As for the exhaust getting stolen, when i get my exhaust (when... lol) i'm going to pop down to a local garage and ask them to weld two small tacks where the slip-on joins with the downpipe.

I also did that with the Blitz Nurspec exhaust system i had fitted to my Celica GT4 back home in the UK

As for the exhaust getting stolen, when i get my exhaust (when... lol) i'm going to pop down to a local garage and ask them to weld two small tacks where the slip-on joins with the downpipe.

I also did that with the Blitz Nurspec exhaust system i had fitted to my Celica GT4 back home in the UK

When r u gettin yer exhaust?

holy fXXK !!!!!

stealing headlights and exhausts ?

what next ? handle bars ,seats ,pireli tyres ?? :D

i would be absolutely raging if i came out to find a missing exhaust and headlight

probably get done by the cops driving home as well

Hopefully at the end of next month, I've got my eye on an Arrow Dark line slip on for around 8500Baht plus shipping to Thailand

smile.png Then i'll nip down to Rama 9 and pick up the stock 2011 versys headers smile.png.

My girlfriend’s younger sister is coming to stay, so I’ve said I’ll kit out one of my spare bedrooms for her and take the whole family away for a few days, hence the delay........... Your ‘no girlfriend’ route is certainly the better option if one wants a modded motorbike biggrin.png

Although i might pop down to Panda and Paddock and buy a few cheap bits, a tank pad, rim tape and maybe some lower bars if they have them in stock :)

Edited by karlos

Hopefully at the end of next month, I've got my eye on an Arrow Dark line slip on for around 8500Baht plus shipping to Thailand

smile.png Then i'll nip down to Rama 9 and pick up the stock 2011 versys headers smile.png.

My girlfriend’s younger sister is coming to stay, so I’ve said I’ll kit out one of my spare bedrooms for her and take the whole family away for a few days, hence the delay........... Your ‘no girlfriend’ route is certainly the better option if one wants a modded motorbike biggrin.png

Although i might pop down to Panda and Paddock and buy a few cheap bits, a tank pad, rim tape and maybe some lower bars if they have them in stock smile.png

Aye yer reet there man.

Living life half price certainly has its benefits :)

Good luck with the exhaust.

Off for a foot massage now and dream about that video you've just posted on bike videos.

Amazing what a HUGE rear sprocket can do hehe.

The vibration has gone.

I changed the oil and put in 1700 ml. Before I put in 1900ml.

Now at 8500 revs it is a lot smoother.

Hmmm, big ends slapping into the raised oil level before? Just a thought.

And relax.

Harley's back so we'll be gannin oot 4 a ride with our GoPros.

Keep those good times rolling :)

I haven't seen any clear rear clusters but i was toying with the idea of making the left and right sides of my standard cluster flash so i can rid my bike of it's indicators (yeah, yeah, no one takes notice of them anyway) but when i get knocked off of my bike i would like to beable to say to the insurance company that i was indicating :)

I saw a few different companies at Central World's Bike Show in Feb, i think most were around 5k, not too bad :)

Bar inserts, super pricy Rizoma (spelling) two little aluminum bungs will probably cost as much as the rear sets you want, they make some nice stuff but by god don't they know it!

Here's a beautiful bike which has some nice mods inc the bar inserts you mentioned post-59428-0-61345300-1333171800_thumb.j post-59428-0-36391600-1333171820_thumb.j

Let me know what the total comes to including duty? Always trying to stay competitive.wink.png

Let me know what the total comes to including duty? Always trying to stay competitive.wink.png

The exhaust inc shipping will cost 10,700Baht, if i get hit with the full 30% import tax, then i'll be looking at 13,940baht total. about 3000Baht cheaper than the cheapest place i've seen in Thailand :)

The exhaust inc shipping will cost 10,700Baht, if i get hit with the full 30% import tax, then i'll be looking at 13,940baht total. about 3000Baht cheaper than the cheapest place i've seen in Thailand smile.png

Cheers that will keep me honestsmile.png

Got to get those ugly grab bars off the rear end!!!

post-59428-0-79919000-1333349429_thumb.j

post-59428-0-28995700-1333349436_thumb.jpost-59428-0-60831700-1333349441_thumb.j

wink.png

Arh OK nice, I was thinking of inserts rather than those but hey, they are a million times better the what we have right?

More pic from different angles please?

From the States yeh?

How much Karlos?

Din't you wait a long time? Can't remember.

Nice green, arh I miss the green man.