John Dykes

polecat

I have emailed both ESPN and the Post on many occasions about the quality of programming and articles and had several replies from the CEO at the Bangkok Post. All to no avail in improvements.

We have the choice of course not to watch or read but what else could we moan about ?

Well, that makes a change, as when I contacted the Bangcock Patste about a particularly fictitional piece of journalism regarding Cricket in Thailand, I received no response.

The Post is a joke IMO.

As for ESPN, well it's still better than the <deleted> they put on Turdsport, with Somchai, Wankchai, Turdsak and Sparky. :o

The CEO at the Bangkok Post is David Armstrong.His email address is [email protected] On a few occasions I received a reply within minutes of sending . He either has nothing else to do or enjoys a bit of contact with his readers. The current Sports Editor will send you a note saying"thank you for your email" which is more infuriating Over the years I have also constantly corrected Edward T, a so called sports correspondent, who makes so many factual mistakes and who still continues to write about "soccer" rather than football and who has made statements like "Mark Hughes job is safe because the Arabs have said so" .How naive is he ? One letter was actually reprinted in "letters to the Editor" section so obviously the previous Editor Roger Crutchley, or whoever made that decision, had the same opinion.

Cheers for that.

The journalist Edward T, has no credibility at all in respect of journalism. Whilst I know this is the footie forum, one article that he wrote on Cricket in Thailand was a disgrace. I never had a reply from Wankchai the Sports Editor about it, probably because it was so embarrasing. I think a good journalist needs to do a littele search firts before writing about certain things, but I guess that the particular article was an attempt by him,to Toady up to one of his RBSC mates.

Since Crutch has gone, IMO the sports section has got worse and worse. It's pretty much a cut and past, blended with a few naive and shallow columns on football.

I no longer bother buying it, because it doesn't represent value for money.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favourite recent column was by some woman journalist who had stayed up late to watch her 'beloved' Liverpool play out a dull draw. She couldn't understand how the club could let the fans down by failing to win 6-0 but used the opportunity to review some of the best moments of Steven Gerrard's 10 years at the club. It was cringeworthily embarrassing

Aside from that, the in-house copy all seems to be tedious nonsense about boxing, baseball and American football.

I have emailed both ESPN and the Post on many occasions about the quality of programming and articles and had several replies from the CEO at the Bangkok Post. All to no avail in improvements.

We have the choice of course not to watch or read but what else could we moan about ?

Well, that makes a change, as when I contacted the Bangcock Patste about a particularly fictitional piece of journalism regarding Cricket in Thailand, I received no response.

The Post is a joke IMO.

As for ESPN, well it's still better than the <deleted> they put on Turdsport, with Somchai, Wankchai, Turdsak and Sparky. :o

The CEO at the Bangkok Post is David Armstrong.His email address is [email protected] On a few occasions I received a reply within minutes of sending . He either has nothing else to do or enjoys a bit of contact with his readers. The current Sports Editor will send you a note saying"thank you for your email" which is more infuriating Over the years I have also constantly corrected Edward T, a so called sports correspondent, who makes so many factual mistakes and who still continues to write about "soccer" rather than football and who has made statements like "Mark Hughes job is safe because the Arabs have said so" .How naive is he ? One letter was actually reprinted in "letters to the Editor" section so obviously the previous Editor Roger Crutchley, or whoever made that decision, had the same opinion.

Cheers for that.

The journalist Edward T, has no credibility at all in respect of journalism. Whilst I know this is the footie forum, one article that he wrote on Cricket in Thailand was a disgrace. I never had a reply from Wankchai the Sports Editor about it, probably because it was so embarrasing. I think a good journalist needs to do a littele search firts before writing about certain things, but I guess that the particular article was an attempt by him,to Toady up to one of his RBSC mates.

Since Crutch has gone, IMO the sports section has got worse and worse. It's pretty much a cut and past, blended with a few naive and shallow columns on football.

I no longer bother buying it, because it doesn't represent value for money.

I now read the B Post on line .It takes all of 5 minutes and saves you a motza each mth. I wonder of they ever read this forum and see what high esteem we hold them in.I think not.

My favourite recent column was by some woman journalist who had stayed up late to watch her 'beloved' Liverpool play out a dull draw. She couldn't understand how the club could let the fans down by failing to win 6-0 but used the opportunity to review some of the best moments of Steven Gerrard's 10 years at the club. It was cringeworthily embarrassing

Aside from that, the in-house copy all seems to be tedious nonsense about boxing, baseball and American football.

Yes, that sounds like the 'quality' journalism that the Bangcock Cut and Paste aspire to.

I'm pretty sure there are a number of people in Thailand who would be able to write an interesting football column weekly, but all we get is drivel about the big four. As far as the Sports Ed can see, nothing else exists.

Whilst I haven't quoted Sparkles post, I think he summed it up nicely. Maybe if the morons actually read around a bit, they might actualy realise the esteem we hold them in and a t least try and make some inprovements. 60 pence for the Post, what a rip off!!!!

Agree with many of the above posts.

Dykes and his cohorts on f/f are a bunch of useless losers, and generally the worst of the football presenters is Penders, who is an awful irritatating hideous individual, as is that so called PJ Roberts.

Plus ESPN/Star have these schreechy voiced Asian females with their false American accents which is annoying in the extreme.

Dykes is also a liar like when he suggests football focus is a talk show and thats' the reason they show no or little actual action; the real reason they never show goals is they are not allowed to do so!

There are more knowledgeable people posting here than on any of these TV football programmes but remember we put money into football(even by paying for our TRUE subscription) unlike these people who are making a living out of their often misguided and wrongful criticism.

The main audience for f/f are Asians who are easily duped to believe that the likes of Dykes and so on have any real credentials or know what they are talking about.

Agree with many of the above posts.

Dykes and his cohorts on f/f are a bunch of useless losers, and generally the worst of the football presenters is Penders, who is an awful irritatating hideous individual, as is that so called PJ Roberts.

Plus ESPN/Star have these schreechy voiced Asian females with their false American accents which is annoying in the extreme.

Dykes is also a liar like when he suggests football focus is a talk show and thats' the reason they show no or little actual action; the real reason they never show goals is they are not allowed to do so!

There are more knowledgeable people posting here than on any of these TV football programmes but remember we put money into football(even by paying for our TRUE subscription) unlike these people who are making a living out of their often misguided and wrongful criticism.

The main audience for f/f are Asians who are easily duped to believe that the likes of Dykes and so on have any real credentials or know what they are talking about.

What irritates me about Football Focus is the matey,slap-on-the-back silly little names they give each other in an attempt to draw the viewing audience into their conversation.McMahon's studious 'I-know-something-you-don't-know' look when he's about to impart some words of wisdom also puts the T.V. screen in peril from my right boot.

What irritates me about Football Focus is the matey,slap-on-the-back silly little names they give each other in an attempt to draw the viewing audience into their conversation.McMahon's studious 'I-know-something-you-don't-know' look when he's about to impart some words of wisdom also puts the T.V. screen in peril from my right boot.

i absolutely loathe that expression of mcmahon's. he used it repeatedly last season when criticising rafa benitez for constantly rotating fernando torres in and out of the side to the team's detriment. number of games that torres didn't start when fully fit? zero.

I actually do have a soft spot for Jamie Reeves.

Economics teacher he may be, and I'll admit his hair is more unsettling than a Mars bar in a swimming pool, but I love it when Shebby says something ridiculous ("The thing is, John, players kick the ball too much") and JR starts shaking uncontrollably, turns red and looks as if he's about explode like a kitten in a microwave.

that (c+nt) Jason who stands/sits in for him.

Have you got a pic or a last name to Google?

At first I thought you meant that Andrew Leci guy. Oh, my sweet Lord how I'd love to put a bag over his squashy, simian, troll-like face.

Don't you think there's something faintly sinister about Leci? Like he's got a gaggle of prostitutes chained up in his basement? He's like the anti-Dyksey.

Still at least he's not "a best selling writer in Malaysia and also a qualified Cordon Bleu chef"... oh.

Given that most of you hold John Dykes in such high esteem what's your opinion of that (c+nt) Jason who stands/sits in for him.

Your not talking about the Scots geezer who takes about five years t-o f-i-n-i-s-h a s--e--n--t--e--n--c--e?

Given that most of you hold John Dykes in such high esteem what's your opinion of that (c+nt) Jason who stands/sits in for him.

Your not talking about the Scots geezer who takes about five years t-o f-i-n-i-s-h a s--e--n--t--e--n--c--e?

No, Polecat's nailed him it's Andrew Leci - stomach churning repertoire (Mase, Macca, Reevo etc.).

At first I thought you meant that Andrew Leci guy. Oh, my sweet Lord how I'd love to put a bag over his squashy, simian, troll-like face.

Don't you think there's something faintly sinister about Leci? Like he's got a gaggle of prostitutes chained up in his basement? He's like the anti-Dyksey.

Still at least he's not "a best selling writer in Malaysia and also a qualified Cordon Bleu chef"... oh.

Spot on with your observations there,polecat,but I will say,in Leci's defence that he does confront the pundits more than yer man Dykes. e.g. Question to McMahon...."Well Macca, do you think Liverpool can win the League?" Macca ponders for 10 secs. then produces an earth shattering deduction that even Plato would have been proud of...."Maybe." This is a standard Macca reply because,at no time can he EVER be wrong.Leci to Macca...."That's not what I want from you!"

Spot on with your observations there,polecat,but I will say,in Leci's defence that he does confront the pundits more than yer man Dykes. e.g. Question to McMahon...."Well Macca, do you think Liverpool can win the League?" Macca ponders for 10 secs. then produces an earth shattering deduction that even Plato would have been proud of...."Maybe." This is a standard Macca reply because,at no time can he EVER be wrong.Leci to Macca...."That's not what I want from you!"

Nobody, to my knowledge . has alluded to the fact that with Wayne Rooney's rapidly receding hair that he is bearing an incredible likenes to the one and only, and much discussed, on this forum....Steve McMahon. As ex Evertonians and having similar problems with the English language,is there some genetic link ?

I quite enjoy watching Football Forecast on Friday when Macca is on with Patrick Kinghorn. Even though Kinghorn is a arrogant knob and a wanna be John McCririck, he makes Macca look like a fool at times. Macca's usual response is to resort to childish name calling (calling him "Foghorn") or he asks Kinghorn if he's ever played football at the highest level.

"Great stuff" as Andrew Leci would say. :o

I quite enjoy watching Football Forecast on Friday when Macca is on with Patrick Kinghorn. Even though Kinghorn is a arrogant knob and a wanna be John McCririck, he makes Macca look like a fool at times. Macca's usual response is to resort to childish name calling (calling him "Foghorn") or he asks Kinghorn if he's ever played football at the highest level.

"Great stuff" as Andrew Leci would say. :o

The thing is,it's in Patrick Kinghorn's interests to know everything there is to know about betting on football,horse racing,dog racing as he's a bookmaker and doesn't take the'party line' like Macca and his ilk.The showmanship angle is just to draw people into gambling.He's a shrewdie alright.His family were an old established firm in the bookmaking circles from the early '60's when I was 'doing the rounds'.In his younger days,when he was working for The Sporting Life and Channel 4,John McCririck was a judge.Now,he's a clown and a blithering idiot hence the reason why Channel 4 and At the Races channels got shot of him.

• 2 weeks later...
stevie, he is one of yours!!

he bloody isn't. he was a blue first. and now he's a professional gobshite.

They were all Blues first. gerrard, fowler etc.

Edited by rott

have a look at football forecast right now, masefield has turned into peter suttcliffe

:o

actually he looks like he has been on a crash diet

Did anyone catch Masefield's rant about Berbatov on "Football Forecast". He doesnt show enough passion fumes Masefield. No he doesnt, he just shows class and talent as in the Chelsea match last night. Masefield would like Berbatov to tear off his shirt and run around the pitch waving it above his head after scoring.

What a moronic comment.

have a look at football forecast right now, masefield has turned into peter suttcliffe

:o

actually he looks like he has been on a crash diet

Did anyone catch Masefield's rant about Berbatov on "Football Forecast". He doesnt show enough passion fumes Masefield. No he doesnt, he just shows class and talent as in the Chelsea match last night. Masefield would like Berbatov to tear off his shirt and run around the pitch waving it above his head after scoring.

What a moronic comment.

Mase likes CF's of the Drogba mold, big strong stupid and the touch of blind elephant.

Crikey, Steve bloomin McMahon is eating away at my soul. When I read his pi$$ poor column in the Bangkok Post, I find myself imitating his voice - not moving my lips and sounding world-weary, like I'm admonishing a 10 year old child.

Crikey, Steve bloomin McMahon is eating away at my soul. When I read his pi$ poor column in the Bangkok Post, I find myself imitating his voice - not moving my lips and sounding world-weary, like I'm admonishing a 10 year old child.

excellent description of mcmahon's delivery. it's world weary and comes across like he's seen it all before and is somehow bored by it. which he hasn't so shouldn't be.

Crikey, Steve bloomin McMahon is eating away at my soul. When I read his pi$ poor column in the Bangkok Post, I find myself imitating his voice - not moving my lips and sounding world-weary, like I'm admonishing a 10 year old child.

excellent description of mcmahon's delivery. it's world weary and comes across like he's seen it all before and is somehow bored by it. which he hasn't so shouldn't be.

"well John,,,," Chevrolet (Shebby) Sing along- let's count tonight how many times he says this. :o

And whilst we are on the subject, can someone explain to P J Roberts that there are more words in the English language than "Certainly Is"

he does my head in that bloke. he knows nothing about the game at all.

He played for the worst side ever in the old National Soccer League in Australia and he was one of the worst players in the worst side. He tried to pick a fight with me at a function in Canberra when drunk off his head (with absolutely no provocation from me, I should add).

I have absolutely no time for him.

He knows nothing about football. He presumably got a job in broadcasting in Asia because of his 'pretty boy' looks, and because he attracts female viewers to the programmes he fronts.