Tell Me I'm Insane, So I Can Move On...

damian5000

About a week ago I was walking down the street and from behind me some sickly looking young woman punched me hard in the arm...She kept on running down the road.

Afterwards I noticed what I thought to be a pinprick where she hit me....

Has anyone heard of Thai infecting tourists with HIV or similar?

I know this sounds crazy, I just can't let it go out of my head... tell me I'm crazy so I can move on...

I just can't figure out <deleted> she hit me???

I don't think you are insane (sorry about that). That was very bizarre. There are cases of intentional infecting but they are usually done in sexual/IV needle sharing ways. It won't help you at this point to panic and you are past the time that post risk exposure therapies would be of benefit, so the best thing to do is calm down and get tested at a later date. Of course, it might have been nothing. It might have been a twisted person wanting you to THINK she was doing what you fear she was doing. I am not sure about this method of transmission, but by the usual methods the chances of serioconverting from just ONE exposure are not that high. Can you say what city this incident happened at?

Edited by Jingthing

I don't think you are insane (sorry about that). That was very bizarre. There are cases of intentional infecting but they are usually done in sexual/IV needle sharing ways. It won't help you at this point to panic and you are past the time that post risk exposure therapies would be of benefit, so the best thing to do is calm down and get tested at a later date. Of course, it might have been nothing. It might have been a twisted person wanting you to THINK she was doing what you fear she was doing. I am not sure about this method of transmission, but by the usual methods the chances of serioconverting from just ONE exposure are not that high. Can you say what city this incident happened at?

In Chiang Mai... dam_n it...I was hoping I was going to be told I was crazy :o shiiiit....

did u make anyone angry recently?

i'm sure i've made a few people angry...but i was actually walking in a part of town where i rarely go... just walking along and from nowhere she ran from behind hit me and kept on running down the road...

have never seen the girl in my life...she turned back when she was a few meters away and gave me a look of pure hatred...

Bizarre things happen here, seemingly more so than most other places I have visited and I don't know why that is. A couple of years ago I was sat on Beach road during the daytime, reading the newspaper and generally minding my own business when a young female walked up and asked me if I was looking for a woman. I looked at her somewhat surprised since it wasn't obvious that she was offering herself, more she was simply asking the question. I replied no and immediately she slapped my face, hard. You could read so many different things into the incident but the most obvious was that she was mentally unstable, ditto I suspect the incident in which you were involved. I wouldn't worry too much about it and Jinthing's advice seems appropriate.

Bizarre things happen here, seemingly more so than most other places I have visited and I don't know why that is. A couple of years ago I was sat on Beach road during the daytime, reading the newspaper and generally minding my own business when a young female walked up and asked me if I was looking for a woman. I looked at her somewhat surprised since it wasn't obvious that she was offering herself, more she was simply asking the question. I replied no and immediately she slapped my face, hard. You could read so many different things into the incident but the most obvious was that she was mentally unstable, ditto I suspect the incident in which you were involved. I wouldn't worry too much about it and Jinthing's advice seems appropriate.

Well was she good looking?

That is a bizarre story.

About a week ago I was walking down the street and from behind me some sickly looking young woman punched me hard in the arm...She kept on running down the road.

I know this sounds crazy, I just can't let it go out of my head... tell me I'm crazy so I can move on...

If you are worried, you need to get a blood test now, and another in 3 months. The first is to check if you already have anything, prior to the "attack".

There is a place in Bangkok to get anonymous testing, but can't remember it's name offhand.

Unfortunately we live in a world with plenty crazy people.

While it is unlikely that HIV would still be viable, there are many other transmissable diseases such as Hep C that are very nasty. I do not know how long all the nasties are viable outside the body, but that info is probably available on google.

BLACK MAGIC! Some Thais practice strange rituals of Black Magic......this May be that.

I'm not :o

I don't think this has to be a troll, I have heard of this type of thing before & the idea of it isnt to infect someone with HIV or any disease for that matter.

Edited by neverdie

BLACK MAGIC! Some Thais practice strange rituals of Black Magic......this May be that.

I'm not :o

I don't think this has to be a troll, I have heard of this type of thing before & the idea of it isnt to infect someone with HIV or any disease for that matter.

well man, what IS the idea of it?????? cuz i don't know what the purpose of it was...

Your either insane, or a troll.

much appreciated for that story man...sounds like something similar to mine...hope it's the case she was just some whacko..

your as crazy as her......................If she stabbed you with a needle with the force you described you would know it............

you're right, i was trying to figure the logistics of it if she WERE trying to infect me with something.., it wasn't like she pushed something into my arm ...she actually punched me...she was a tiny thing, but it had some force on it...

my mind keeps coming up with ways she could of done it though, a ring with a needle point on it scraped into her own blood before hitting me is the only thing i can come up with...

your as crazy as her......................If she stabbed you with a needle with the force you described you would know it............

How would he know? Plenty of people have been stabbed with knives in the past and only thought they had been punched until later and they saw the blood. Makes that statement ridiculous IMHO.

As for the 'crazy lady' maybe some Farand really pissed her off and she is out seeking revenge. Even worse, maybe some Farang infected her with something and she wants some 'payback'. I hope it is not the latter.

As has been said, get some medical attention and a blood test done for your own peace of mind.

sorry to hear of this craziness happening to you.

Yes you are paranoid, just move on and forget it.

Damian, I would suggest you are 99% crazy. I believe there is less than a 1 in 100 chance of this being anything more than a fluke event. Forget it, but if you can't, then take Jingthing's advice. As my Mom used to say (I forgot about this saying for probably 50 years until just now), "Don't be a worry wart."

Edited by Lopburi99

I can understand your concern but don’t believe you have anything to worry about.

No one can be injected in a split second like that. To inject someone, first the needle has to be inserted into the body than the fluid inside the syringe has to be pressed in.

 Injecting someone. Push the syringe plunger all the way in with a slow steady motion or firmly press the injection button. The injection should take a couple of seconds.

 Remove the needle by pulling straight out. Twisting or shifting the needle's position will cause pain. You may gently press on the injection site with your finger for a couple seconds.

So as you see, this process cannot be applied in a split second, or at least not without you feeling any pain.

Have a nice Christmas and forget it.

Edited by sassienie

No one can be injected in a split second like that

I think that is just wrong.

People working in hospitals commonly "stick" themselves accidentally with syringes used for patients. It is a professional hazard. It happened to a friend of mine caring for an HIV patient and he had to undergo preventative drug therapy. These aren't full scale injections, just a prick with an infected needle.

Whether you believe the OP or not (I do) it doesn't really matter. Such a thing could happen. There are angry people out there who want revenge on the cruel world and farangs would make a convenient target.

Edited by Jingthing

Perhaps it's something to do with a previous post of yours....?

Well, I just got off the phone with my X-GF's new boyfriend. Apparently they went to the police and said I made threats against her. I never made a threat against her, but I DID threaten her boyfriend in SMS's. Quite explicitly. But that's besides the point as they have reported it as me making threats against her. He said that now I'll never be able enter Thailand again and that there is a red flag on my passport. He seemed genuine, it wasn't in a threatening manner, more as if states as fact.

Can this be for real??

What step should I take next?

Should I go to the American Embassy and make inquiries? Go to the police station? Go to immigration? Try and cross the border and just see what happens?

How can they prove it was me at all that sent the SMS's? Do they even need to prove it?

How long does paperwork like this take to get around to all the checkpoints etc...?

Yes, it was stupid...I can't change it now.

What do I do...Playing it cool and just waiting until my visa finishes and having to go for a border run will be very difficult for me.

I am completely distraught and can not even sleep...Please...any advice on this at all..........

No one can be injected in a split second like that

I think that is just wrong.

People working in hospitals commonly "stick" themselves accidentally with syringes used for patients. It is a professional hazard. It happened to a friend of mine caring for an HIV patient and he had to undergo preventative drug therapy. These aren't full scale injections, just a prick with an infected needle.

Whether you believe the OP or not (I do) it doesn't really matter. Such a thing could happen. There are angry people out there who want revenge on the cruel world and farangs would make a convenient target.

You are correct, needlstick injuries have a strict procedure in the NHS in the UK, and that is because it is possible.

Or maybe this post of the OP's is connected in some way?.....

Does anyone know how reliable McCormack's blood testing is?

I got an HIV antibody / antigen test there a few days ago. I went the day after they took my blood (when I was supposed to go) and they printed the sheets when I got there and brought them back to the lab where they could be signed and put the result (non-reactive btw)

Forget about HIV window periods. Probably this is fault with me for thinking everything outside the western world is not "up to standards".

I just want to know if the people at McCormack (particularly the techs who screen the blood) are known for doing their jobs properly.

Thanks,

D

Perhaps it's something to do with a previous post of yours....?
Well, I just got off the phone with my X-GF's new boyfriend. Apparently they went to the police and said I made threats against her. I never made a threat against her, but I DID threaten her boyfriend in SMS's. Quite explicitly. But that's besides the point as they have reported it as me making threats against her. He said that now I'll never be able enter Thailand again and that there is a red flag on my passport. He seemed genuine, it wasn't in a threatening manner, more as if states as fact.

Can this be for real??

What step should I take next?

Should I go to the American Embassy and make inquiries? Go to the police station? Go to immigration? Try and cross the border and just see what happens?

How can they prove it was me at all that sent the SMS's? Do they even need to prove it?

How long does paperwork like this take to get around to all the checkpoints etc...?

Yes, it was stupid...I can't change it now.

What do I do...Playing it cool and just waiting until my visa finishes and having to go for a border run will be very difficult for me.

I am completely distraught and can not even sleep...Please...any advice on this at all..........

Well done, Trollwatch is clearly working well, even on Xmas Day.

How about this post from the OP.....some connection?

Availability Of Hep C / Hiv Test Results

damian5000

post 2006-12-13 04:41:55

Post #1

Group: Members

Member No.: 23,048

How easy is it for western insurance companies to research this type of thing in Thailand? For instance if I have some positive and try to acquire insurance in the future, how likely are they to find out about tests in Thailand? I realized too late when I registered I could of put down any old name and number as they didn't even look at my passport.

Can anyone suggest a good hospital that can do quite specific tests where they're not going to pay much mind to what I put down on the registration (besides Maharat)?

TIA

-Damian

Well, maybe he IS insane. But thats what he wanted us to say anyway, right?

I'm sure he's getting some gratification from us talking about him.

Trolling and trolling, no fantasy, brainless, very low class and very boring... this people