Tennis In Pattaya

Michaelaway

I'm living in Pattaya and would like to find the right place for me to play tennis. In the states, I used to play at 4.0 level and now (probably down to 3.5) I'd like to join a club (or go somewhere) where I can play regularly with as many other players as are available.

Tennis players, I'd love to hear where you'd suggest I go to play, or join, and why.

-Thanks a lot

wai.gif

I'm living in Pattaya and would like to find the right place for me to play tennis. In the states, I used to play at 4.0 level and now (probably down to 3.5) I'd like to join a club (or go somewhere) where I can play regularly with as many other players as are available.

Tennis players, I'd love to hear where you'd suggest I go to play, or join, and why.

-Thanks a lot

wai.gif

behind thepprasit markets behind the white condos,and a big pool, up near sukumvit.

cat

Tony's Gym on 3rd road has a couple courts. But my main recommendation would be to check-out the 5-star hotels in town...many of them have tennis courts and resident instructors to play with. In particular, I would recommend the Royal Garden Cliff, Dusit, and Siam Bayshore (at the Bali Hai end of Walking Street or enter from Pratumnak road) hotels. They all have very nice and extensive tennis facilities.

One of my customers plays regularly in Pattaya, I think it is at one of the 5star hotels. He plays a number of people he met there as often as daily. I am guessing it is a matter of finding like minded folk and making a regular date. From his comments he is a member of the sports club, it is definately not Tony's.

I haven't checked recently, but a Sunday morning Tennis Club at Jomtien Condotel has been advertised in the past in the local papers. Even if the ad isn't there any longer it may be worth paying a visit as the courts seem to be in regular use (both Thais and Falang).

Many thanks for everyone's comments- I want to find a club I can play at, with not-too-expensive (if any) hourly fee's after you join. Also, hopefully, this club will have other farangs +/or Thais who want to play doubles with people at my level, not pro's or hitting partners. I am looking to play doubles 3-4 times a week!

Edited by Michaelaway