Items Taken From Safe In Hotel Room

Spiny

I am sorry for your misfortune and I understand that it must feel terrible. Unfortunately this is an inside scam that goes on at a lot of places where the owners or at least someone from the management are the inside man!

Sadly more bad news for the industry, but this is so...and the circumstances given an insider job.

Talked to the manager?

Make it a strong point that it is quite obvious that it is an insider job, cause of the evidence!

Yes, and if nothing else, no refi=nd, no culprit - I agree plaster the name of this hotel incl. story all over the internet, will cost the hotel owner dearly!

yes name and shame and go to newspapers.

My overall impression of the hotel , apart from events described in original post, was favorable, the manager was sympathetic and helpful, and eventually my daughter was given a room up grade for the rest of her stay.

Weather for me was perfect , cool, rainy, no sunshine.

As a whole, away from the hotel, I found Koh Samui pretty dismal and it is another no-go destination for me in Thailand, added to a growing list , including Pattaya, Hua Hin, Phuket, Laem Mae Pim, Koh Chang.

Another paradise lost

Dear valued posters

I am working within the management of Samui Buri.

It is true that we experienced an incident in the Resort.

As soon as we learned from this problem we reported directly to the Tourist Police and we are very keen to find out what happened exactly.

After our Guests came back from the Reggea Pub they realised in the morning that the safe was empty and informed the management.

two tricks were mentioned on this thread:

Trick 1 the "Fat" trick:

this trick is nearly impossible since we have to reset the safe after 3 attempts.

The code with 4-6 numbers is only known by the guests.

the key pad has numbers from 0 - 9 and not only 5 numbers as in an earlier post mentioned.

Trick 2 Master key:

the master key is locked in the Front Office safe and can be taken only in presence of a Manager and FO staff.

However the guests informed already their Travel Insurance Company and can claim the loss of the money (amount mentioned in an earlier post) and other values. Luckily no other valuable items from the Hotel room were taken.

We offered our guests then an upgrade to our Pool Villas since the guests didn't wanted to check out, free cocktails, deduction on Minibar use, transfer to Police station.

I agree that this kind of incidents are unfortunate and are not very favorable during the holidays.

However, this was the first time that this happened since opening Samui Buri Resort and we can ensure that we are following up on all clues.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly in case of further enquieries. We will answer all questions.

with kind regards

The Management

Samui Buri

..............edited.....usually the master key may be avalable to every person on duty....

But then it could hardly be called "safe"!?

I also prefer, either Boxes at the reception, where I and the reception each has one key, or one main safe or I take of my stuff, myself!

Particular these "press a number" digital safes, seem to be NOT safe at all!

For every person on duty I mean the one in charge of security/money/etc at the reception...

So they are not the usual stuff and normally means day shift /night shift, 2 person...

Anyway i traveled for work and vacation for 15 years outside Europe and i never had more than 100$/100E in cash with me.

Cash is simply too dangerous, going around with 1000$, no way.....in some country they kill you for 10 times less :D

They assume all tourists are carrying money,usually right. :o:D:D