Scot Who Beat Up Pensioner Is Found Dead In Thai Hotel

sriracha john

Maybe this wasn't an inherently bad man .........

you're absolutely correct there ronnie boy , how presumptuous of us to think otherwise.

he was just another perfectl normal everyday chappie who whenever there is the slightest little problem at home or at work or the weather is not quite to his liking gets violently drunk and goes around carrying out brutal attacks on 67-year-old men in the toilets of bars, believing them to be skinheads threatening him.

as i said before , he should have been jailed for the attack , and horsewhipped too for good measure , then he might still be alive today instead of lying dead in a pattaya hovel and on the front page of the pattaya post.

So you think he was an inherently bad person??? Well then horsewhipping is the least that could have been done!!!!

What is horsewhipping anyway? Dating yourself with that one, haven't heard it for a long time, thought it was an American saying.

Maybe the Scottish bar owners/bar tender should be encourage to cut people off that have had too much to drink, heh.

Just saying in my original post that he was a man with problems, using alcohol to deal with them and that the results were bad for all. At least he went to work to earn some $$ for his situation, something in that isn't there? And the "pensioner" in the bar, who knows what happened in there, and sure it is never ok to beat someone up. My main point was that he could have easily died of the head injuries sustained when he fell.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems like he was a great guy - done for assault a few times...

Apart from the assault on the pensioner, when else was he "done for assault"?

If you'd read the second of the two references in the post you're replying to, you'd've see that he was also fined £2000 for assault in 1995.

Hmmm, don't suppose anyone knows what bar this guy owned ?

Reason being, a friend of mine hangs out in a bar owned by a guy named "Steve", who was having financial problems related to a business partner.

It had something to do with him sending money to his partner to do improvements to the bar, only to find that little if anything was ever done. Met the guy once a couple years ago but can't remember if this is the same guy.

Could be just a coincidence. Probably a lot of "Steves" in town

Not the same bar, the bar that the deceased owned with his wife and no Thai partners is called the Chang Bar and it is located in the bar complex next to the Made in Thailand covered market on 2nd rd after Soi Skaew Beach, it is in the centre isle about 3 bars in from the rd, I didn't comment about his court case before as I didn't see what relevance it had to his death, however it seems that some of the posters on this thread seem to think that they know all about him without even knowing him, maybe now you can pop along to the bar and discuss it with his wife I'm sure she will only be to pleased to fill you in on their relationship and life story.

He seems like he was a great guy - done for assault a few times...

Apart from the assault on the pensioner, when else was he "done for assault"?

If you'd read the second of the two references in the post you're replying to, you'd've see that he was also fined £2000 for assault in 1995.

Thanks RW. I did read it but clearly the last paragraph about the 1995 assault didn't register.

Although there were injuries to Mr Stewart's face and head, Thai police have stated that they are not treating his death as suspicious.

What they can't be bothered to do a real investigation.... A fairly young man dies with injuries to his face and head, and police find nothing suspicious about it?

The injuries could be nothing but a simple drunken fall, or they could be from some one harming him..... I think the police should do their jobs and at least look into it and rule out the possibility of foul play.

RIP

RIP---<deleted>---this guy has just been convicted of a vicious assault on a 67 year old pensioner [ who he thought was a skinhead!!!!!]--why say RIP--good riddance, more like--foul play or not, who gives a .....!

Quite right.

What good will a police investigation do? Bring hm back from the dead perhaps?

Why waste resources on scum like this?

YOU KNOW NOT ONE OF U PEOPLE ON HEAR NEW STEVE NOT ONE! AND YET U MAKE ALL THESE SICK STATEMENTS ABOUT HIM!! HE WAS THE KINDA GUY WHO WOULD HAVE GAVE U HIS LAST TENNER TO HELP U!! SURE HE MADE MISSTAKES BUT HAVENT WE ALL? ? HE WAS DRUNK AND HAD A ROW WITH OLD ALEC IN THE BOOZER TOILET WHO WAS ALSO DRUNK (AND A CHEEKY OLD BUGGER) NOT SAYING HE DESERVED IT BUT PEOPLE ROW AND SOMETIMES ONE OF THEM GET HURT!!! THINK ABOUT HIS LITTLE BOY AND HIS GIRLFRIEND AND FAMILY BACK HOME MAN!!! HAVE A fuc_kING HEART!!!! RIP SADLY MISSED BY LOTS OF FRIENDS

Reason being, a friend of mine hangs out in a bar owned by a guy named "Steve", who was having financial problems related to a business partner.

It had something to do with him sending money to his partner to do improvements to the bar, only to find that little if anything was ever done. Met the guy once a couple years ago but can't remember if this is the same guy.

Not the same bar, the bar that the deceased owned with his wife and no Thai partners is called the Chang Bar and it is located in the bar complex next to the Made in Thailand covered market on 2nd rd after Soi Skaew Beach, it is in the centre isle about 3 bars in from the rd, I didn't comment about his court case before as I didn't see what relevance it had to his death, however it seems that some of the posters on this thread seem to think that they know all about him without even knowing him, maybe now you can pop along to the bar and discuss it with his wife I'm sure she will only be to pleased to fill you in on their relationship and life story.

glad sum1 has thought about vicky!! her nor steve deserve the things sum people are saying here!!! have a heart people!!!!

not seen anyone blame the papers for sensationalising this report.if they had done their homework and got the FACTS correct this would not have happened.

As a friend of Steven's I would just like to say that although he may of committed a crime in Scotland for which is was duely convicted of, is it now not common decency to let Steven RIP and allow is family and partner to grieve. He has many friends who know him as not the person made out in the tabloids, maybe just chose the wrong path like many of us do. RIP Steven xxx

glad sum1 has thought about vicky!! her nor steve deserve the things sum people are saying here!!! have a heart people!!!!

Here here! For those of you who dont know Steven of Vicky personally, is it not time to stop being so opinionated about somebody you dont even know and let him rest in peace.

I am sick of hearing reports where there are at least suspicious circumstances and the boys in Brown (Police) see no cause to investigate!!

Who checks the Police are not avoiding their responsibilities as time and time again I hear dubious circumstances or details warranting investigation played down or apparently ignored, if at all possible.

There are also a multitude of "waste of space" ex-pats living in Pattaya, escaping from damage done financially to UK citizens (I can name a few!) but still shielded by their ex-pat 'friends' ! Thai authorities dont seem to want to get rid of these from Thailand either... they should all end up "laying on a bed with face and head injuries" in my opinion having of course drunk themselves to oblivion and had an accident! :o

There are also a multitude of "waste of space" ex-pats living in Pattaya, escaping from damage done financially to UK citizens (I can name a few!) but still shielded by their ex-pat 'friends' ! Thai authorities dont seem to want to get rid of these from Thailand either... they should all end up "laying on a bed with face and head injuries" in my opinion having of course drunk themselves to oblivion and had an accident! :o

Not specifically to this poster.

Why does it have to be negligence, why the conspiracies, why the moral accounting?

It's a common sad pattern of someone drinking themselves to death in Thailand. Sometimes it's because of addiction, sometimes because they are already fatally ill, sometimes just an accident.

If there is a moral, it's about letting people off too lightly.

I'm not saying this guy was bad clearly he had his friends, and maybe his defence was actually honest, but his deed was awful and maybe he should have done a few months in old chokey, maybe that would have straightened him out.

RIP---<deleted>---this guy has just been convicted of a vicious assault on a 67 year old pensioner [ who he thought was a skinhead!!!!!]--why say RIP--good riddance, more like--foul play or not, who gives a .....!

Quite right.

What good will a police investigation do? Bring hm back from the dead perhaps?

Why waste resources on scum like this?

YOU KNOW NOT ONE OF U PEOPLE ON HEAR NEW STEVE NOT ONE! AND YET U MAKE ALL THESE SICK STATEMENTS ABOUT HIM!! HE WAS THE KINDA GUY WHO WOULD HAVE GAVE U HIS LAST TENNER TO HELP U!! SURE HE MADE MISSTAKES BUT HAVENT WE ALL? ? HE WAS DRUNK AND HAD A ROW WITH OLD ALEC IN THE BOOZER TOILET WHO WAS ALSO DRUNK (AND A CHEEKY OLD BUGGER) NOT SAYING HE DESERVED IT BUT PEOPLE ROW AND SOMETIMES ONE OF THEM GET HURT!!! THINK ABOUT HIS LITTLE BOY AND HIS GIRLFRIEND AND FAMILY BACK HOME MAN!!! HAVE A fuc_kING HEART!!!! RIP SADLY MISSED BY LOTS OF FRIENDS

Don't know about anyone else on this thread. But I was just wondering how the pensioner guy is doing. Hope he recovered okay and can enjoy his retirement once again, maybe even go out for a social drink without the worry of being beaten up for no reason by some 'kinda guy who would give u his last tenner'.