How Did You See In 2009

sharecropper

...unfortuneately I'm in UK and as there's absolutely no nightlife here so, I have been indoors with the wife :o ..... instead of all night partying and foolish behaviour I have been doing some housework then spent some time scrapping the Y fronts clean,..... :D

Edited by dee123

Watched the amazing fireworks show at Bali Hai and then spent an hour and a half trying to get out of the Bali Hai area.. Then had to walk all the way from Bali Hai port down to Royal garden as thats where we were parked. Walking Street was closed down at Bali Hai end so had to walk all the way around :o

Edited by Meg_2003

In Buriram, home with the missus and baby. Had a steak baguette and a couple of mugs of tea. Missus did go out for a couple of hours to see some friends early evening. Baby (18 months) woke up around 11pm and went back to sleep around 1am after watching some film on the telly. I'm off to bed now, 5am.

Happy New Year. Nothing like usual this. Feels very disorientating.

Not yet....gotta get ready and make the most of it (sad news tonight about that nightclub)however we have a do on in our local so will will get my hiking boots on.and start..actually its only a minutes walk away.

Couple of cases of beer laid out back....no need for fridge coz its FFFFree zing here tonight and believe that we have Chas and Dave in tonight so.......no more rabbit....

Best wish wishes to all for a happy Hogmanay/.N'er day....slange.

Had a little BBQ outside our shop on Chaiyapruek, priceless to see all the wee ones eatin up the sausages with tomato ketchup!!, but they just could not eat quick enough and get back to their online games!!

A good new year to one and all!!

Lang may yer lum reek wi ither fowks coal!!!

Worked. Did an Air Field Driving refresher course, then a conference call with the head office, then off to sleep (5 am comes early everyday in a place where the war doesn't take many holidays) !

Went to Bali Hai Pier .. had 2 bottles of Leo,was dissapointed with the fireworks

(at Bali Hai they had a better show on 25-30th)

got stuck in horrendous traffic jam of poeple and moterbikes trying to leave the area.

Happy New year :o

post-2109-1230783213_thumb.jpgpost-2109-1230783688_thumb.jpgpost-2109-1230783696_thumb.jpgpost-2109-1230783701_thumb.jpgpost-2109-1230783708_thumb.jpg

At PBG with some of the usual suspects. Place was completely packed, in fact they closed the doors for entry around 11pm. Never seen that many people on Walking Street before -- and they say tourist numbers are down? I don't think so!

My friend from Aberdeen that has been coming here for the last 13 years at Chrismas / New year said the same also, never seen it so busy?? I just casually said to him "so quite busy then??" and he completely confirmed it again and again,, never seen it so busy, here's hoping??????

I actually know 4 lads that got off a chopper from the north sea on chrismas eve in Aberdeen and said "<deleted>%ck" it, lets go to Pattaya, they had no plans to do it before, so who knows???

Quick hit or peeps running away from the sh%te in their home countries, who knows? time will tell.

Aaaraabesstnaaraat!

Spent the night at the in-laws in the village. Had some Heineken as well as some prawn on the grille that was as long as my arm... (maybe not quite that long, but pretty dam_n big...and tasty too)... as well as too much other food to mention. Played games with the kids until they went to sleep and listened to the relatives sing Karaoke while making <deleted> of themselves (wife included).....

Spent the night at the in-laws in the village. Had some Heineken as well as some prawn on the grille that was as long as my arm... (maybe not quite that long, but pretty dam_n big...and tasty too)... as well as too much other food to mention. Played games with the kids until they went to sleep and listened to the relatives sing Karaoke while making <deleted> of themselves (wife included).....

Aye, mine too, :o:D Have a great day dingdongrb!!

Thanks Lenny......Actually I rather enjoyed as it is a treat outside the normal American celebration of New Years Eve. I always enjoy time spent with my wife and daughter as well as the in-laws.

By the way, I have it all recorded on video and in photos to show them at a later date...... :D

Thanks Lenny......Actually I rather enjoyed as it is a treat outside the normal American celebration of New Years Eve. I always enjoy time spent with my wife and daughter as well as the in-laws.

By the way, I have it all recorded on video and in photos to show them at a later date...... :D

Not too sure if that is good or bad??, i am off to my bed now before my wifey kicks my erse, even us Scots have to sleep sometime!!!

At Bali Hai, thought the fireworks were good, better than last year.

Got stuck in the huge crowds trying to leave onto walking street where

some <deleted> had parked a tuk-tuk on the narrowest part of the road.

Not a brown uniform is sight.

I thought that buildng that juts into the street had been donated to the

city and they were going to demolish it? Common sense would

dictate that the vendors on the pavement be made to close for an hour too.

TIT

Had an early night and surprise, surprise when I woke up in the morning 2009 had arrived even without my drinking copious quantities of beer at exorbitant prices and watching millions of baht in fireworks go up in smoke! :o