Citizenship For Baby Born In Thailand

espinoza

I did a quick search and could not find what I was looking for. From what I remember it is very important that you not only sign the birth certificate but you must also sign the forms when registering the birth.

Also several stated that it is best to obtain a Thai passport before your Norwegian passport.

You should also be aware if the baby is a boy, he will be liable for Thai military service.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge then me will add to this post.

In the meantime try a search in Thai Visa and see if you can find any relevant threads.

Congratulations on the upcoming birth :o

I did a quick search and could not find what I was looking for. From what I remember it is very important that you not only sign the birth certificate but you must also sign the forms when registering the birth.

Also several stated that it is best to obtain a Thai passport before your Norwegian passport.

You should also be aware if the baby is a boy, he will be liable for Thai military service.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge then me will add to this post.

In the meantime try a search in Thai Visa and see if you can find any relevant threads.

Congratulations on the upcoming birth :o

Thank you very much.

Is it anything special about thai military service? :D

• 2 weeks later...

THe baby will be Thai because it has a Thai mother. If it will require Norwegian nationality depends on the Norwegian law and the fact if you are married to the mother or not. If you are marreid to the mother you will be the father automaticaly. However if you are not married you will have to legitimise the child before you become the legal father.