New Models For The Thai Market

PeaceBlondie

Looks pretty decent. Here an article in english: https://www.hondaprokevin.com/new-2021-honda-cb350-h-ness-motorcycle-retro-vintage

Looks to be a model for the Indian market. Makes sense, this style of bike from Royal Enfield is extremely popular there. I like that they went for an analog speedo.

Not a bike for me as too underpowered and I don't like thumpers but it would be nice if they brought a bigger cc'd version of this bike. The CB1100X isn't exactly my thing either. Honda needs something in between where Triumph and Royal Enfield sit. 750 or 800cc with 75+hp.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

Just seen this Honda retro CB350 for 2021, it may come to Thailand, not sure where it's built...! But looks nice with Bluetooth connectivity and torque control and ABS etc. :

(Need translator)

https://www.greatbiker.com/new-honda-cb350/

I checked wiki for old CB350 of 60s and 70s, what a bike, parallel twin with twin carb, make 37HP, 170kph top speed...????

I saw the English version of the girl with dragon tattoo was on TV, apparently they built 3 copies of old CB350 for the film production, Lisbeth was riding them in the movie...! 

But this new CB350 is a bit of a disappoinment if the specs are correct, one cylinder producing just 21HP...!? This is even less than new Forza 350 that gives about 29HP... , maybe that's why it's so cheap...????

Love it, finally a practical everyday bike that looks good, too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, they got Integra and X-Adv go to bed together and this is the offspring...! ????

Things stand out; 5" TFT with Navigation, calls/ text etc. is nice, no more phone mount hassle...

Dual front brake disks with 4 calipers, and , it's radial-mount..., supposedly better, if same on master cylinder...!?

Only 58HP, out of 745cc, Kawa takes 59HP out of 649cc...! Kawa uses DOHC as oppose to Honda SOHC, maybe that helps..., but you never buy Honda for HP I guess, but for km/lr, 3.6l/100 is quite good.

Chain-drive, cold have gone with better belt I guess maybe it's more expensive...!

USB-type c sockets useful... , I hope a full force helmet will fit under the seat, it wouldn't in Integra - I read somewhere...

Not much else really, and of course the price will be out of this world...! ????

https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/scooter/forza-750/specifications.html

23 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

That Honda engine was never tuned for power, it's all about the torque and efficiency.

235kg is "a bit" on the heavy side.

Yes, I forgot to mention that, it's about 43kg heavier than my old model Forza...! 

On 10/14/2020 at 7:23 PM, Agusts said:

Chain-drive, cold have gone with better belt I guess maybe it's more expensive...!

It's not a cruiser ????

A belt drive is less efficient than a chain drive, so with a belt it would have even less power on the rear wheel.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2020 at 9:35 PM, eisfeld said:

Looks pretty decent. Here an article in english: https://www.hondaprokevin.com/new-2021-honda-cb350-h-ness-motorcycle-retro-vintage

Looks to be a model for the Indian market. Makes sense, this style of bike from Royal Enfield is extremely popular there. I like that they went for an analog speedo.

Not a bike for me as too underpowered and I don't like thumpers but it would be nice if they brought a bigger cc'd version of this bike. The CB1100X isn't exactly my thing either. Honda needs something in between where Triumph and Royal Enfield sit. 750 or 800cc with 75+hp.

It's a twin but agree that 21hp is very underwhelming to say the least but it does look very nice.

I don't know why they kept the power so low, maybe for sturdiness and low octane fuel?

Doubt many young Indians will be interested when they can buy their own 650cc RE with 47hp. The Indians seems very royal to RE as well, a bit like the Americans and Harley.

I would really like to see a large thumper from Japan, something over 600cc and over 50hp, lightweight.  

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

It's a twin but agree that 21hp is very underwhelming to say the least but it does look very nice.

I don't know why they kept the power so low, maybe for sturdiness and low octane fuel?

Doubt many young Indians will be interested when they can buy their own 650cc RE with 47hp. The Indians seems very royal to RE as well, a bit like the Americans and Harley.

I would really like to see a large thumper from Japan, something over 600cc and over 50hp, lightweight.  

Pretty sure it's a thumper. You can see it in the pics and it also says air cooled single in the text. That'll also be why it's pretty low on power. You probably suspect right that it's for sturdiness and low octane fuel. Well, maybe for cost reasons as well. I agree with RE having a loyal following in India so it wont be easy for Honda. REs are so popular and widespread plus easy to work on so that they can be fixed by small shops everywhere.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Pretty sure it's a thumper. You can see it in the pics and it also says air cooled single in the text. That'll also be why it's pretty low on power. You probably suspect right that it's for sturdiness and low octane fuel. Well, maybe for cost reasons as well. I agree with RE having a loyal following in India so it wont be easy for Honda. REs are so popular and widespread plus easy to work on so that they can be fixed by small shops everywhere.

Yes you are right, sorry my bad.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Any news on the price for the new 2021 Honda Grom

I saw a couple of them in the local Honda dealer as I drove past the other day...not a lot of point asking the price from them as they always add a few 1,000 just because they can  ????

According to the link below...

In the case of the price; A.P Honda (Honda Thailand) announced the new Honda Grom will be going on sale for; 77,400 Thai baht for the ABS variant and  69,900 baht for the standard version starting October 2021.

https://imotorbike.my/news/en/2020/10/all-new-2021-honda-grom-msx-officially-announced/

Benelli 502C , not sure how long this has been introduced here but recently, this is not TRK adventure version, but naked, same 500cc engine and specs as Leoncino 500, nice shape, I wonder how it rides and the seating position...!? Anyone seen it or test-driven...? Can it take a pillion...! 

I asked Benelli it sells 244k baht, a bit more than Leoncino 500 ( 222k baht).

https://thailand.benelli.com/product/502c

Edited by Agusts

On 11/10/2020 at 7:29 PM, damascase said:

Just saw that Royal Enfield has launched this 350 Meteor in India, and that it will be coming to Europe too. I assume we’ll see in it Thailand as well. Single cylinder, single OHC, air/oil cooled. Around 21hp. Nice dash!

C0D09242-9A5D-4197-A7CE-2AE38EF4E5E4.jpeg

4CCC07E7-EA13-45B9-B9F6-051481EDB69E.jpeg

Found more info, pics ands specs:

https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/motorcycles/meteor/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damascase said:

Found more info, pics ands specs:

https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/motorcycles/meteor/

It's actually 20.2 HP, and what's the weight...!? They seem to avoid mentioning it...!  (not even in downloaded spec file).

Single cylinder air cooled, going backwards in technology, it is going to be in direct competition with Honda Highess CB350 announced earlier - good luck with that, it must be a lot cheaper to convince buyers..., or hardcore RE fans only will go for it - Indians....!?

On 11/13/2020 at 3:10 AM, Agusts said:

It's actually 20.2 HP, and what's the weight...!? They seem to avoid mentioning it...!  (not even in downloaded spec file).

Single cylinder air cooled, going backwards in technology, it is going to be in direct competition with Honda Highess CB350 announced earlier - good luck with that, it must be a lot cheaper to convince buyers..., or hardcore RE fans only will go for it - Indians....!?

What’s wrong with keeping it simple and put it on the market at lower prices than the competition? 

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2020 at 9:10 PM, Agusts said:

It's actually 20.2 HP, and what's the weight...!? ...

I've seen191kg stated in a couple places. Same as a CB500F, which has 47 hp.  A CB300R has 31 hp and weighs 156 kg.

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Thanks 1

In the global announcements about the new Triumph Trident 660, it was said bookings are being taken now, with the first deliveries late January 21. There is no mention of this new model yet on the Thai (Triumph) website/ configurator.

Has anyone heard of its introduction to the Thai market & date?

3 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

In the global announcements about the new Triumph Trident 660, it was said bookings are being taken now, with the first deliveries late January 21. There is no mention of this new model yet on the Thai (Triumph) website/ configurator.

Has anyone heard of its introduction to the Thai market & date?

I would assume they'll introduce it during the Motor Expo in a few weeks. The Trident looks like it could be the best middle weight naked bike on the market. Nice design and sepcs at a good price. Really hitting a sweet spot!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

Maybe it wasn't on the website yesterday, but today it is: https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.th/bikes/roadsters/trident

As a Triumph owner who had to make about 10 warranty claims over a two year period, i would recommend to buy another brand.

Ouch! Which model is this?

So the Trident is 309k THB here. In Germany it costs a bit over 262k. And I'd assume the bike is made in Thailand and then shipped to Germany. Sad ????

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Ouch! Which model is this?

Tiger 800

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

So the Trident is 309k THB here. In Germany it costs a bit over 262k. And I'd assume the bike is made in Thailand and then shipped to Germany. Sad ????

Same for many of their models, the Tiger 800/900 is also made here in Thailand, but in Europe it's cheaper.

The big bike clientele here in Thailand is just not as price sensitive as in Europe, and here is also less competition.

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

As a Triumph owner who had to make about 10 warranty claims over a two year period, i would recommend to buy another brand.

Just to balance this out...been a Triumph owner for four and a half years, no warranty claims (Street Twin)

• Thanks 1