New Models For The Thai Market

PeaceBlondie

98,000 baht for a 150cc !!!   how much was the Suzuki ? cheaper I hope [emoji848]

Having said that I go to the Uk Yamaha site and they have closest equivalent MT 125 ( not 150)
for an astounding  £4,299.00 !!!!!! now that is a rip offf !!!!!

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/hyper-naked/mt-125/

MT-125

At Yamaha we're famous for creating game-changing models that take motorcycling in a whole new direction - and the MT-125 A with ABS is ready to fire the imagination of younger riders looking for a new experience.

From £4,299.00

Agree. Generally the Yamaha MT series has a too high pricing. Only advantage they have is the two cylinder engine on the MT-03.

Suzuki sales staff at the show couldn't give me a price. The seat was comfortable and also good for the 2nd rider which most of the smaller bikes don't have.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

GPX should really start putting ABS on it's bikes too, at least on front wheel, wouldn't dual break disks up front simply mean more power for locking up the front wheel and flying up in the air or sliding on your ass more often...!? lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLW said:

Anyone test driven or owning the two scooter hybrid models on the Thai market?

Honda PCX Hybrid / Yamaha Grand Filano Hybrid

Never ridden it, but this has partially to do with my lost interest after i learned what "hybrid" means regarding these bikes:

When accelerating the electric motor gives a slight boost, but only for a few seconds (maybe 5 seconds, forgot the exact number) maximum at a time. The bikes can not drive with just the electric motor, the engine is always running when you are driving.

• Like 1

Never ridden it, but this has partially to do with my lost interest after i learned what "hybrid" means regarding these bikes:
When accelerating the electric motor gives a slight boost, but only for a few seconds (maybe 5 seconds, forgot the exact number) maximum at a time. The bikes can not drive with just the electric motor, the engine is always running when you are driving.
Understand. Then, same as you, I don't really see a point or benefit of this technology. Guess it also doesn't contribute much to fuel savings?

• 2 months later...

Not new to market, as I think it's been out a few months, but I saw it for the first time yesterday.

The Ryuka Retro RK100.

It's a small bike, but if viewed as a very cheap alternative to the Honda Monkey, it may be worth a look.  Also as an unusual alternative to a used scooter?

It's like a new Honda S90 or CL90, and they used to be popular until the 2 strokes arrived.

29,000 THB.

20191023_123002.thumb.jpg.bb42e53f79fd9afb0b2a7200ade66a54.jpg

• Like 2

Chatting to my local Honda dealer today - he'd just been to the Dealer's launch of the Honda ADV 150.  Should be in shops starting 28th - red, black and brown colors, ABS front and rear.

He mentioned that the seat is quite high compared to the PCX - which is good news for us.

100,000 THB.

• Like 1

Chatting to my local Honda dealer today - he'd just been to the Dealer's launch of the Honda ADV 150.  Should be in shops starting 28th - red, black and brown colors, ABS front and rear.

He mentioned that the seat is quite high compared to the PCX - which is good news for us.

100,000 THB.

And it’s already on Honda Thailand website.
That’s quick!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not new to market, as I think it's been out a few months, but I saw it for the first time yesterday.

The Ryuka Retro RK100.

It's a small bike, but if viewed as a very cheap alternative to the Honda Monkey, it may be worth a look.  Also as an unusual alternative to a used scooter?

It's like a new Honda S90 or CL90, and they used to be popular until the 2 strokes arrived.

29,000 THB.

20191023_123002.thumb.jpg.bb42e53f79fd9afb0b2a7200ade66a54.jpg

Looks like a bicycle with an engine [emoji23].

Saw some YouTube videos, it has manual gear with clutch??? Sounds like fun with a 100cc engine

Maybe an alternative to all scooters with semi or full automatic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

And it’s already on Honda Thailand website.
That’s quick!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hadn't noticed that.  Just had a look - ABS is front only, but it has a rear disc.

Phone charger, all LED lights.

It looks like an interesting commuter.  And the brown looks better than I expected.

• Like 2

I hadn't noticed that.  Just had a look - ABS is front only, but it has a rear disc.

Phone charger, all LED lights.

It looks like an interesting commuter.  And the brown looks better than I expected.
Main differences between ADV and PCX?

From the pictures I could figure out a different suspension system.

Anything else? Benefits or advantages compared to PCX?

2 minutes ago, CLW said:

Main differences between ADV and PCX?

From the pictures I could figure out a different suspension system.

Anything else? Benefits or advantages compared to PCX?

ADV has more ground clearance, rear disc, ABS, better digital dash, adjustable screen.  But smaller rear wheel.

Reviews also mention wider and higher bars.

• Like 1

I think they have a special launch offer of 95,900 baht...

I wonder if this gives a smoother ride than PCX on the highway, I doubt it, probably stiffer shocks, better for off road...!

If they had put even 10cc more on this bike's engine they could have cleaned up the scooter market, as it is now it's just another Aerox with smaller tires... , okay, maybe a windshield extra...????

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

I think they have a special launch offer of 95,900 baht...

I wonder if this gives a smoother ride than PCX on the highway, I doubt it, probably stiffer shocks, better for off road...!

If they had put even 10cc more on this bike's engine they could have cleaned up the scooter market, as it is now it's just another Aerox with smaller tires... , okay, maybe a windshield extra...[emoji848]

Engines are nowadays developed to be used for many models or platforms.
Not economical or resulting in an attractive price for the buyer.
Yamaha puts its new 155cc VVA engine in all their small motorbikes and scooters. Should be around at least 5 models.

• Like 1

The ADV 150 launch event at Bangkok Central World was on for a second day, so had a chance to sit on one today.  It looks and feels bigger than a PCX - because it's a bit taller and had higher/wider bars. I'm 6 ft tall, but my legs were comfortable.

The LED running lights look good, and the digital dash is nice.  95,900 launch price.

2019_1027_14583100.thumb.jpg.0312ca70fb57591ad30c53a76f9a1598.jpg

2019_1027_15080600.thumb.jpg.fd5ad3ec6c9523ab53c2d2a5de645cd8.jpg

20191027_145512.thumb.jpg.23d88ce8f0aae8f9e4e4cb57a9a7db3b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I’ve been looking on websites and in the forum, and even at a dealer or two. I’m trying to find a scooter with a 125cc engine, or smaller, in a new model that also has an anti-lock braking system. I believe there is one or two models with ABS at 150 or 155cc. Is there any smaller scooter with ABS?

• 2 weeks later...

Quite interested in getting a Grand Filano as change from my 5 year old Click.  want the ABS version but not keen on the two 2019/20 colour options, black or white, the two worst colours for showing dust and dirt.  Will see what colour options they bring out for this year, assuming they'll do  a 20/21 release.  Did see a news article about a metallic 'Titan Blue' which looks nice if it makes it here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm using a friends new Honda Click 150i, manual in Thai, no English manual I can find. Went to the dealer here in Koh Samui, guy spoke a little English, but even he could not explain the "Game Changer" fob and technology. If there is no backlash against this incredibly complex system I'll be shocked, but I guess people who think it's fine that smartphones have no SD reader or headphone jack just stay quiet. Who needs 95% of what tech Honda thinks we need? Now, you kids get off my lawn and SLOW DOWN!

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 1:49 PM, SooKee said:

black or white, the two worst colours for showing dust and dirt.

A dirty white car still looks white. Black is the worst and then anything matte....

BTW. Yamaha still have some 2019 colours available.

Edited by VocalNeal