New Models For The Thai Market

PeaceBlondie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 05/02/2018 at 12:40 AM, Familyonthemove said:

The new BMW GS310 was at the Bangkok Motorcycle Festival.

219,000 THB 

20180204_202014_20180205003804087.thumb.jpg.9aefadb116bcfce067d2268f83bc145f.jpg

I saw one on the 107 in Chiang Mai a few days ago.  Very nice looking bike and at that price quite reasonable.

Sure to give the 300 Versys a run for its money!

2 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

I saw one on the 107 in Chiang Mai a few days ago.  Very nice looking bike and at that price quite reasonable.

Sure to give the 300 Versys a run for its money!

Saw one in the flesh recently, not too shabby for a transformer bike. Spoke to the Thai owner (who still has his CRF Rally) and he's well pleased. It handles a 130kmph cruising speed keeping up with his Thai mates on bigger bikes. Quite impressive for the money.

13 hours ago, Issanman said:

New Super Cub 125cc factory custom:

The stock new Cubs are very pretty, but more money than the Dreams. Just the Big H ripping punters off as per. These new "custom Cubs" @ 89k is just a ludicrous price. Honda price gouging...

14 hours ago, Issanman said:

Ducati 1100 Scrambler at Motor Show today:

Nice, and air cooled, better still. A much bigger bike than the small 800's, positive reviews too. I quite like it...

I have a Fijian friend who was over from Australia a few weeks back.

His Thai girlfriend bought him a new CB150R for his birthday (Although he is the one paying it off!).  Its a nice enough looking bike but as  Fijian he is just too big for it.

He looks like a gorilla in a circus act and the helmet he has got is way to small. Quite comical to watch actually.

To me this bike looks like a pregnant MSX. Honda seems to do that a lot. PCX and Forza being the other paring.

• Haha 1

Yamaha Lexi 125cc scooter, another flat foot-floor same same bike , there are so many of these, all the same design and look, they just want to confuse the customers, making them think they are getting something special.... !

Although if I am not mistaken it says VVA and 4 valves on this one (probably copied from 155cc of Aerox and Nmax), so it should have some more Oomf than the regular 125 affair....

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2018 at 3:28 AM, tinathomas947 said:

Aprilia RS4 125

Aprilia+RS4+125.jpg

Wow!  Sweet looking bike for a 125 screamer.  Hate to imagine the Thai price tag....even worse to see some idiot kid on one.

They would be sure to beat every red light.

But it's still a nice looking road bike.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not a new bike but Yamaha Tricity model 2018 now comes with VVA 155cc engine (probably same engine as Nmax and Aerox). That gives it some more power but is still a lot heavier than those, due to the 2 wheels up front. I never ridden one but I wondered if it is that much safer on the corners and on the wet and helping the rider not to fall easily, specially locking front break etc.... !? Don't see any other advantages.....

On 5/13/2018 at 12:37 PM, Namplik said:

Fatter tires too, same engine as PCX, they reckon it will be around 60k baht, so a bit more competition in 150cc scooter range, this one with flat floor/foot board, but only one shock in the back (I am guessing). Lighter than others, so should be nippy ... !

10 hours ago, Agusts said:

Fatter tires too, same engine as PCX, they reckon it will be around 60k baht, so a bit more competition in 150cc scooter range, this one with flat floor/foot board, but only one shock in the back (I am guessing). Lighter than others, so should be nippy ... !

Click, 150 cc

PCX 155.

On 5/8/2018 at 4:41 AM, papa al said:

Ran into a German with one of these.  Says the vibration is severe.

Vibration has many causes. Would not condemn a model just because one person says it vibrates a lot. Or one example of the model vibrates a lot.

Many say the CRF vibrates a lot too ... mine does not

Vibration has many causes. Would not condemn a model just because one person says it vibrates a lot. Or one example of the model vibrates a lot.
Many say the CRF vibrates a lot too ... mine does not
The spec says the engine has quite a high compression ratio maybe some low octane fuel was causing "knocking" ?