Online Tax Service Using A Non Usa Address For U.s. Tax Filers?

Apparently it is an IRS requirement to state a US address to efile tax returns. At least that is what the website taxslayer tells me, is that really true?

I use a Thai address and have prepared my returns manually and mailed them.

I would like to prepare them using online software which supports entering a foreign address, and then just print the results and mail them. Any recommendations for a service that supports that?

I could use a US address (where I have bank accounts linked to) but I do not file state tax returns so stating a US address may cause a problem.

Edited by Jingthing

This is the 2nd year I am using Taxact which is free for federal tax return. It also includes free e-file. Although they provide online option, I prefer to download their software and do my taxes on my laptop. It also allow me to do a "what if" to calculate my next year's estimated payments. I used TurboTax for many years and accept for a few minor inconveniences, I don't miss it at all.

As far as payments are concerned, I also use US Goverment EFT system to ACH my quarterly estimates and 1040 payments to the IRS. This service is also free.

No snail mailing for me.

I don't know about the online access but the downloaded software allows you to enter a foreign address.

Correction: JT, I just reread your post and realized this will be the 1st time I will efile with a Thai address, so I don't know if I will have the same problem.

Edited by vagabond48