View Talay Residences 1-3

hughden

Was told today that the service charge for Residence 3 has been increased this year; a change that would require support from a majority of owners at a general meeting. When I asked the girl in the office about the owners meeting that approved the increase, I received a blank look.

I have never received an invitation to such a meeting, never seen minutes, never seen annual accounts; but this could be because I rent out my unit and the office does not know to send documents to me. Anyone else owning units in any of the Residences experienced meetings or accounts?

Thanks.

I have been to the one at Jomtien Beach Condo recently .At the first annual meeting they have to have a certain percentage of owners present to pass anything .( they did not have enough ) .Then they hold a second meeting where they do not have to have a large number of owners and can pass things like extra fees .In the case of JBC the annual fee has gone up from 3,600 baht to 5,400 baht ( aprox )

• 6 months later...
Was told today that the service charge for Residence 3 has been increased this year; a change that would require support from a majority of owners at a general meeting. When I asked the girl in the office about the owners meeting that approved the increase, I received a blank look.

I have never received an invitation to such a meeting, never seen minutes, never seen annual accounts; but this could be because I rent out my unit and the office does not know to send documents to me. Anyone else owning units in any of the Residences experienced meetings or accounts?

Thanks.

You should get used to it. SBE have been hiking up service charges way in excess of that allowable under the Condominium Act 1999. Basically, you need to get hold of as many owners as possible. This has already been done at other condos. When you have 50% for the first meeting, I understand that's just a formal thing. The next meeting can be only 25% and at that point you can sack the management co. (i.e. SBE) and get a good reputable co. in or do it yourself.

Until then you will be shagged stupid by those rapacious mofos.

Better than those in VTR4 though. All the condos (except the studios) are actually 10% smaller than the contract states. If the chanotes ever arrive they will have a shock. 96sqm units are actually only 86sqm. This time they've screwed up because under the new consumer laws, any buyer can void a contract and get all their money back if a condo is 5% under sized when completed.

You should get used to it. SBE have been hiking up service charges way in excess of that allowable under the Condominium Act 1999. Basically, you need to get hold of as many owners as possible. This has already been done at other condos. When you have 50% for the first meeting, I understand that's just a formal thing. The next meeting can be only 25% and at that point you can sack the management co. (i.e. SBE) and get a good reputable co. in or do it yourself.

Until then you will be shagged stupid by those rapacious mofos.

Better than those in VTR4 though. All the condos (except the studios) are actually 10% smaller than the contract states. If the chanotes ever arrive they will have a shock. 96sqm units are actually only 86sqm. This time they've screwed up because under the new consumer laws, any buyer can void a contract and get all their money back if a condo is 5% under sized when completed.

This happened in Regent Pratunmak and people are still chasing the over payment

Thanks.

i am owner in residence 3 and never received invitation for meeting

we must probebly try to have a special meeting all together

My impression is that both VTR3 and VTR4 have many unsold units. If that is true, then the developer may single-handedly control more than 50% of the votes and do as they please. That said, there *does* need to be public notice of the annual general meeting, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...