The Holiday Pound Is Worth Most In Thailand

ThaiEye

Soapy Massage one hour with 2 ladies in UK is from 55 pounds well under 3000 Baht

Eh?

:o Where?

Yes, I'd like to know that too...er ...just out of idle curiosity, not that I would ever frequent such a place of course.

Btw....does that include everything ??? :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Brits comparing holiday destinations based on the cost of a beer in Thailand to that of the UK, sums it all up nicely, <deleted>!

Not without good reason; for a significant number alcohol will be their largest expenditure. This is certainly one of the bigger (if not the biggest) reason for the significant growth in popularity of all inclusive holidays. With the weak pound, this year I think you'll see even more going all inclusive.

The UK is UNBELIEVABLY cheap at the moment. The supermarkets are discounting like mad on everything. I can't think of a single thing that is cheaper to buy legally in thailand - even knock off dvds etc are going on a quid. Even on a like for like basis, England is cheaper than thailand.

The UK is UNBELIEVABLY cheap at the moment. The supermarkets are discounting like mad on everything. I can't think of a single thing that is cheaper to buy legally in thailand - even knock off dvds etc are going on a quid. Even on a like for like basis, England is cheaper than thailand.

Quite easy actually.

Curtains

Hand made clothes

Hiring two plumbers to work all day remodelling a bathroom

A can of coke

Tube of sweets

A Stanley tap measure

A large indoor fan

DVD player

Thai (or any other type) massage

Taxis

the list is endless

However, you have to factor in the need for transportation, accommodation, loss of earnings and all manner of other things which makes Thailand more expensive. Then there are things that are just expensive here.

Witherspoon Pints and 99p beer, what a lot of crap... i'll stay in Thailand thanks and enjoy my 70p big Changs.

11p for a delicious can of Asda beer? Here in Thailand you can buy a small bottle (in an energy bottle) rice whiskey for 10baht.

As for 99p lunch of soggy chips and baked beans eggs, i think i'll stick to a slightly healthier spicy papapa salad and sticky rice for 50p.

Cheap bargain basement food can be found in the UK but it's awful quality, as for a pint at Weatherspoons, i think i'd rather have the company of some pretty Thai barlass than some smally Cockney homeless hobo.

Had Pedigree y'day in JDW's as they ran out of Greene King IPA so offered that at the same price per pint. Not bad, had about 3 and then went home.

That's one thing you can't get in Thailand - decent Guinness and bitter. Granted lager is better.

Fri night I was paying £3.60 for a small bottle of Kirin beer in London - now that's a rip-off if you ask me. Still just shows the differing prices available to you.