Non Immigrant O Visa Question, Advice Needed.

I have an Non Immigrant "O" class visa, which is due to expire on the 16th of March. I have heard that if I leave Thailand, say on the 8th of March and return on the 11th of March, Immigration at the airport will stamp me in for a further 90 days enabling me to stay until early June. Can any one confirm this for me.

I've used Non Imm O class visas for some years now but this is the first time that I've had the need to stay past the 12 month expiry date.

Any advice would be much appreciated.......Thanks

Edited by sangfroid

Yes.Providing it is a Multi Entry you can exit/enter the day befor it expires and get another 90 days.
Yes I know you are correct, just a simple question to follow up. What happen when I use up the 90 days extension can I still go overseas and apply for another multiple non O like I normally do and would that affect getting a new multiple one in KL or Penang ?

Yes.Providing it is a Multi Entry you can exit/enter the day befor it expires and get another 90 days.
Yes I know you are correct, just a simple question to follow up. What happen when I use up the 90 days extension can I still go overseas and apply for another multiple non O like I normally do and would that affect getting a new multiple one in KL or Penang ?

It is not an extension it is a new entry on a mulitple entry visa.

It is no different than making any other entry on a visa.

There is no problem with getting another visa.

The only difference would be if you wanted to make a trip out of the country within those 90 days you would need to get a re-entry permit to use the remaining days of the permit to stay.

When your 90 days are up you can always take a flight out to a neighboring country and come back. Remember that as long as you fly in you always get an automatic 30 new days. On the other hand there is nothing that stop you from applying for another multiple entry visa as long as you do it from an Thai Embassy in another country. It will cost you a couple of thousand THB depending were you go but as long as you have been a good boy at your previous stays you will always get a new one!

Good luck and have a blast!

Yes my visa is a multiple entry.

Thank you for the advice.

Enjoy your extra 90 days.

I normally go to Australia for 2 or three weeks just before the "O" class Visa expires and get a new one, but in this case I have to be in Oz early in June, I'll apply for a new visa then, so this provision in the visa will save me considerable expense.

Thanks again

Edited by sangfroid

When your 90 days are up you can always take a flight out to a neighboring country and come back. Remember that as long as you fly in you always get an automatic 30 new days. On the other hand there is nothing that stop you from applying for another multiple entry visa as long as you do it from an Thai Embassy in another country. It will cost you a couple of thousand THB depending were you go but as long as you have been a good boy at your previous stays you will always get a new one!

Good luck and have a blast!

Thank you for your comments too

When your 90 days are up you can always take a flight out to a neighboring country and come back. Remember that as long as you fly in you always get an automatic 30 new days...

No. With a multiple-entry non-O visa he can travel to Thailand an unlimited number of times during the validity period of the visa and on each arrival he will receive permission to stay for 90 days from the date of arrival, whatever the mode of transport.

--

Maestro