Slumdog Millionaire

girlx

not sure if ye're getting it in Bangkok but there's DVD quality versions of it on the internet

good film but I didn't love it as much as everyone else seemed to

the first half of the film was fantastic but i found the second half a little underwelming

looks like it should take best picture at the oscars though

you should use this site if you're looking to see what films are available on the 'net

VCD Quality

If there's a DVD screener version of a film out then track it down but if not don't bother 'cause the quality will be shit

Slumdog Millionaire was the definitely the best film that I saw last year. Last night it was the big winner and won four golden globes including Best Motion Picture-Drama so my guess is that it will see wider distribution and be easier to find playing somewhere. The other film I saw recently that I really liked and would recommend highly is "The Curious World of Benjamin Button" with Brad Pitt. The movie is based on the interesting concept of being born an old man and then getting younger each day. (A very similar concept to those of us who marry much younger spouses in Thailand which helps us regain some of our youth. :o )

does anyone else have advice on where i can find this film online? i couldn't find it at any of the links below (except for a couple of pay sites)...

edit: nevermind found some torrents.

Edited by girlx

Slumdog Millionaire was the definitely the best film that I saw last year. Last night it was the big winner and won four golden globes including Best Motion Picture-Drama so my guess is that it will see wider distribution and be easier to find playing somewhere. The other film I saw recently that I really liked and would recommend highly is "The Curious World of Benjamin Button" with Brad Pitt. The movie is based on the interesting concept of being born an old man and then getting younger each day. (A very similar concept to those of us who marry much younger spouses in Thailand which helps us regain some of our youth. :o )

I ahve heard some pretty good things about "The Curious World of Benjamin Button" as well.

Totally a must see.

For those who enjoyed the young Slumdog star Dev Patel in the BBC show SKINS, Skins will have a new season but with a new cast. No Dev.

I know. What a shame! I've just bought a DVD set of seasons 1 & 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Decent film but totally overrated in my opinion.

Minority opinion. I watch more movies than a movie critic and Slumdog is at the top of the current heap.

Very unrealistic plot and totally common hero gets girl ending , for all the hype surrounding this film I expected something a bit better.

I am not recommending that anyone do anything illegal, but as of last week every under-the counter DVD stand in Pantip had Slumdog Millionaire. "The Wrestler" is receiving rave reviews by the critics in the West too. Anyone seen this one yet?

From what I have read 'Wrestler' has the comebacker Mickey Rourke in it. I have read that he did an excellent job playing the part as he is good in most of the movies he has been in (One of my favs is 'Diner' from the 80s). From what know and have been told Mickey is a great actor but an arse-hole of a person in real life.

I have downloaded 'Wrestler' but have yet burnt it to a DVD and watched.

Hmm......The reviews here and elsewhere seem favorable!

Look like I will have to drag my buddy to see it....this weekend :D

This weekend?? Is it released in thailand already?? :o

I bought an excellent quality dvd for 80 b , last week.