English Sat Channels

h90

Dear anyone....Noticed the post below.

I'd be happy enough with just these channels.

I live in Chiangmai and can get a dynasat dish and box. I can buy new or in fact have a friend who doesn't use his...maybe available.

How do I go about getting the channels? Does it have to be cracked? Could I just subscribe?

When I lived in Bangkok I subscribed to UBC, and (unlike most people here it seems) was quite satisfied with the selection of channels and programming. But cheap it definitely was not.

Now I have a condo in Bangkok and only come back on holiday about three times a year, so it doesn't really make sense to subscribe to the UBC package. Like sleepyjohn I would be more than happy with the channels on Agila II, although that would obviously mean getting cracked codes, as the only interesting channels not surprisingly are the encrypted ones. I wouldn't mind making the investment in a dish and box, but living in a condo I couldn't put up a 7 foot dish. What would be the absolutely smallest dish you would need to receive Agila II? I'm very tolerant when it comes to picture quality, it just needs to be somewhat watchable.

Sophon

To sleepyjohn,

If you can get a Dynasat package, or a second hand one from your mate, you should have no problems receiving and decoding Agila2, provided Chiang Mai is within the satellites broadcasting footprint. You may also have to install a line amplifier to boost the signal from LNB to the receiver. Check with the Dynasat dealer. They can also upload via RS232 the latest decoder software codes to your decoder/receiver.

To Sophon (interesting choice of nickname there :o ),

The 7' dish is a mesh dish... it may be possible to install a solid fixed dish of a smaller size to receive Agila2, but you'd have to check with the distributor.