Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Gym Near Galae Thong/chang Khlan And Super Highway Intersection?

heybruce

Sorry to bring up the gym topic again, but I can't find this information anywhere else. Does anyone know if there is a decent gym near the Galae Thong condo, near where Chang Khlan intersects with the superhighway? I found a good deal on a room for rent there, but am at the age where the body needs maintenance and want to find a convenient gym. I need to make a decision on the room soon, so I appreciate any prompt replies. Thanks.

The Ratilanna Hotel is doing a deal for 900bt a month,you have unlimited use of their modern gym and swimming pool.You also have free use of the steam room and sauna.Their are a couple of friendly personal trainers to help you. Included there is 10% discount for food and non alcohol beverages.My girlfriend and I joined last week.

I was just searching in that area too, I looked at the Shangri-La hotel, which was quite expensive on par with the Chedi and the Empress Hotel, not expensive but really poor equipment. Eventually I went with Duangtawan Hotel, which is a little furthur but turned out to have the best deal for me overall. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a great gym right in that area... good luck with the search

Thanks to all who replied. I currently go to Fitness Thailand, and may have to keep going there. I'll look into the hotel options. I'm in the dilemma of choosing between and adequate room in a convenient location, City View, or a very nice room for approximately the same price in a less convenient location. If anyone knows anything good or bad about Galae Thong I'd appreciate that info as well.

Thanks to all who replied. I currently go to Fitness Thailand, and may have to keep going there. I'll look into the hotel options. I'm in the dilemma of choosing between and adequate room in a convenient location, City View, or a very nice room for approximately the same price in a less convenient location. If anyone knows anything good or bad about Galae Thong I'd appreciate that info as well.

How much is the room?

Galae Thong is OK, but of course there is a clique that loves to be on the Nimmenhemin side of town, despite the constant heavy traffic there must be another reason why. I didn't realise it was the convenient location. Convenient to what actually?

There's Leaders fitness above the Tesco on the Hang Dong Road. Its only 5 minutes to drive there as you can zip down the highway. Its just a few exercise machines, no pool or sauna, obviously for about 7500 Baht a year.

Galae Torng isn't a bad building but it has two major issues. One is the constant construction noise. Really loud noise starting promptly at 9 a.m. and continuing to 5 p.m. 5 days a week. Plus all the rubbish and dust and construction workers tieing up the lifts.

The other issue is a lack of parking. If you have a car you'll find there's insufficient parking if you come back in the evening and you end up parking in the dirt further down the road. Its only dust right now, but when it rains everything gets covered in mud.

It also depends on the unit you're in, but I have heard that the age of the building causes issues with plumbing and electrical and water pressure is weak.

Galae Thong is OK, but of course there is a clique that loves to be on the Nimmenhemin side of town, despite the constant heavy traffic there must be another reason why. I didn't realise it was the convenient location. Convenient to what actually?

Are you kidding? Sure, the traffic is awful but it's also got (in no particular order):

Siam TV

Three Computer Plazas

Amorn

The big Moo Ka-Taa by Hillside 4

Two of the best dental surgeries in town

Kasem Store

The Grand View for its excellent 140 baht buffet lunch

A decent main Honda bike dealer

The CM Community College

A decent main Yamaha bike dealer

Doi Suthep

CMU Art Museum

North Gate Jazz Co-op (OK, that's stretching the distance a bit)

Salsa Kitchen

Central

Khun Churn

Not to mention some of the interesting little gallery type places that abound over there.

The dark end of Chan Klan road has some karaoke, Chiang Mai Land and ......and....

PS OK, I'm a bit peeved because I just wasted some time following up an ad for an apartment that said it was near the Shangri-La but turned out to be in Galae Thong - that's a bit like saying Hillside 4 is near Thapae Gate!