Used Car Prices Dropping

Are used car prices dropping?

A '95 Camry now goes for around 220,000... (One2Car)

I didn't make an actual record before, but it didn't seem that cheap 3 months ago or else I think I would've noticed it...

Any thoughts?

Stingray, your opinion? :o

Edited by junkofdavid2

Are used car prices dropping?

A '95 Camry now goes for around 220,000... (One2Car)

I didn't make an actual record before, but it didn't seem that cheap 3 months ago or else I think I would've noticed it...

Any thoughts?

Stingray, your opinion? :o

Depend on the brand and models. The typical marked car, like Toyota Vios, Honda Jazz, will not realy drop. Maybe some cars like Ford, Mitsu, etc. Bigger cars drop more than small ones. Camry, yes, arround 220 in the marked, sometime cheaper, depend on condition. The funny thing is that early Cefiros still higher in the value ,than camrys, wich is unusual for Thailand, because in their opinion is toyota the leader, not Nissan. For a 92 Cefiro you still pay much over 200'k, wich doesn't make any sense, because for the same money you can buy the newer model, after 96. corollas, solunas, cities, will not drop, because this are the cars what Locals buy, if they can't afford the down payment of a new car, wich is now 20% on marked cars, like Honda and Toyota. Cheap older small cars, like Opel Corsa or 91' Suzuki Carribbean (4 seater), or similar are harder to find than 3 years ago, therefore price is not falling. I thik there is no way that peaple sell their cars and start walking now. There is only possible, that many Locals will buy a lower priced used cars, instead of a new one. For example: If Locals can't affort the monthly paymenmts for a new car anymore,they have to sell it. After that they will buy a older car, in a lower down payment and chepar montly payments.

Hi

How much could i expect for a OCTOBER 2007 Honda Civic 1.8 V-TEC AUTOMATIC 24000 ON THE CLOCK.

24'000 km fora 10 year old car? Don't beleve that anyway. ODO- Meters are always "adjusted" here in Thailand But nevermind, i not really care about the digit's on the Odo Meter. I care about the condition. Once i bought a Toyota Crown with over 500'000 km on the clock, but the car was in absolutely excellent condition (engine replaced twice already, who knows).

Price for this Civic still arround 300'000 Baht, if the car is in good condition. If it's manual it will be maybe lower, because most of peaple want the automatic version.

Used cars still seem very expensive to me, unless you are very knowledgeable there's lots of risks. Thais will take wash their car often and take great care of the interior, but pay very little attention to mechanical maintenance. They are also very good at hiding faults caused by accidents.

The reason the earlier Cefiro is expensive is because it's RWD and can be modified easily or has been, later ones FWD not of any interest whatsoever to boy racers and to a lesser degree the general public.

Yes, this is correct. The old Cefiro is something like a "Cult Car" for Locals Racers. I understand that, because they don't have any Mustangs or Firebirds in Thailand. So they using 4 door family cars.

Anyway, i had one of this old Cefiros about 5 yearsa ago and it handle very nice. The only problem and sad thing is to find a nice one in original condition. Mosthly thei are, lowered, spoilered and f..kc.. . up by the "wanabee racers"

Hi

How much could i expect for a OCTOBER 2007 Honda Civic 1.8 V-TEC AUTOMATIC 24000 ON THE CLOCK.

24'000 km fora 10 year old car? Don't beleve that anyway. ODO- Meters are always "adjusted" here in Thailand But nevermind, i not really care about the digit's on the Odo Meter. I care about the condition. Once i bought a Toyota Crown with over 500'000 km on the clock, but the car was in absolutely excellent condition (engine replaced twice already, who knows).

Price for this Civic still arround 300'000 Baht, if the car is in good condition. If it's manual it will be maybe lower, because most of peaple want the automatic version.

Stingray

2007 MAKES THE CAR 15 MONTHS OLD WHER DID YOU GET 10 YEARS FROM????????

Hi

Stingray

2007 MAKES THE CAR 15 MONTHS OLD WHER DID YOU GET 10 YEARS FROM????????

Sorry, it was my mistake. I thougt it's a 1998 model

Of course this is another price. You can see at one2car.com