Am I Lucky That My Gf Doesn't Have A Family?

Svenn

Ask yourself this question.

Would you have considered yourself lucky if your parents had both died/ been killed and left you on your own ?

I just can't for the life of me understand how Farangs feel that they are lucky to have a partner who's family have all been killed.....

Very strange.

hahaha, true.

Well, yea it might be easier to not deal with the drama of her family. But u gotta remember that if she's an orphan then she might have some abandonment issues to work out. Just be careful about her feelings because a simple fight could lead to a bigger issue.

Yes I'm aware of this and minor fights do hide bigger background issues i think. I feel like I have the dual role of bf and father sometimes, which is more responsibility than I want occassionally especially since we're the same age.

Would you have considered yourself lucky if your parents had both died/ been killed and left you on your own ?

I just can't for the life of me understand how Farangs feel that they are lucky to have a partner who's family have all been killed.....

Very strange.

hahaha, true.

They weren't killed. They abandoned her and she never met them, so grandma raised her. There is other family but they live far away and are trouble, so she doesn't associate with them. I understand your point though.

No family? That can be a blessing and a curse.

Having been involved with 3 ladies whose families I also got to know, I can say that I never had a problem with the families. In fact the opposite. The problems I had were with the g/f themselves.

Currently have mothers truck for running around in without my asking while my motor gets sorted. Father has been very helpful too. No real pressures though I feel they do lurk beneath the surface. They will be resolved with time.

Former g/f, her parents were very supportive in problematic times. Would not take on Baht even when I went to their shop for food. I was always made welcome at their home with food laid on with my taste being taken into account. Trips out to waterfalls and parks were always good fun with the parents supplying the food and me supplying the transport. If I had any problems they would help where they could.

Other, her mother 60+, was always making sure I was OK. Would bring fruit and food to the house. Help me where she could and looked out for me to make sure I was happy. Beers with the family, days out, meals together, support where needed. Any problems with the motor and one brother helped out by fixing it. Never lonely but given privacy when I wanted it.

Many other benefits too many to mention. Not one family asked for cash but did get reciprocal help where needed from me in return.

On the other hand I can see the benefits of no family. No worries about leeching, paying hospital bills, financial help here there and everywhere. No interference or snide remarks. No pressure to do this and that for the sake of face or to have the latest car, truck, LCD tv etc because you hve a farang in the family now.

For now, I am happy to have and to have had family around me. Others have had a different experience.

Very strange.

Agree with the above 100%

Wife is an orphan, both her parents died when she was in her mid teens. No siblings and only 2 aunts that she keeps in contact with (the others she never saw after parents died). Of the aunts she is in contact with, she/we see them maybe 2x a year.

Am I lucky she has no family? I dont know as I will never experience the other option.

But if the circumstances were different, then odds are we wouldnt have met and wouldnt be married. So I guess I am lucky.

As to Maigo6 comment. I know she misses her parents still, especially her mom. And I know she feels lonely at times too having no family to talk to. I feel it acutely especially after my family visits or we go home for a holiday and she says "it feels so warm having everyone around" and when we are by ourselves again "we are alone again". :o

Very strange.

Agree with the above 100%

Wife is an orphan, both her parents died when she was in her mid teens. No siblings and only 2 aunts that she keeps in contact with (the others she never saw after parents died). Of the aunts she is in contact with, she/we see them maybe 2x a year.

Am I lucky she has no family? I dont know as I will never experience the other option.

But if the circumstances were different, then odds are we wouldnt have met and wouldnt be married. So I guess I am lucky.

As to Maigo6 comment. I know she misses her parents still, especially her mom. And I know she feels lonely at times too having no family to talk to. I feel it acutely especially after my family visits or we go home for a holiday and she says "it feels so warm having everyone around" and when we are by ourselves again "we are alone again". :o

"we are alone again". :D

If your wife feel like that there must be something wrong in your relationship.

Doesn't she have some friends she trust and talk with?

Where are you the moment she feels lonely?

How long are you married?

They weren't killed. They abandoned her and she never met them, so grandma raised her. There is other family but they live far away and are trouble, so she doesn't associate with them. I understand your point though.

So sooner or later they are gonna turn up and say “surprise” where’s the cash at? It could happen. And if it dose, this topic has no logic anymore. Keep us posted.