Teera (again)

MickGram

Another report on Teera Cycle...BKK and Phuket...

I bought a sportbike from them...was told it was in perfect shape. When it got to Phuket it had no clutch. Add a clutch and it only runs up to 4500rpm. They order a carb kit and get it running...then tell me they want me to pay for half the parts (after being told it was in perfect shape).

Bought the bike for a decent deal. It had a limiter that stopped it from going over 9000rpm, so I asked them to order a delimiter chip for it. They wanted a 5000 baht deposit. When the chip comes it does not work. They then tell me I cannot have the 5000 back until they send the chip back to the supplier. 5 months later I visit them in BKK...guess what? The chip is still there (not been sent) and they still refuse to give me my money back! Then tell me they will send it back if I give them 1500 baht for postage (fuc_kin' hel_l). By this time I have sold the bike and am looking to upgrade. They want sell me a CBR 600 for 380,000 baht...but...they'll give me a 5000 baht discount. Scum.

I bought a mint 2007 Gixxer 600 for 280,000 all in.

Don't trust those bastards...most people who go there have similar stories

I went to Terra's BKK showroom recently, looking for a maxi scooter. They had several to choose from. I explained when I got there that I was shopping, and would look at several places before deciding what I wanted to buy.

In spite of saying this, I received the high-pressure "make a decision today" treatment. The environment was not comfortable to me; They have a small showroom that is filled with too many bikes. I had to look down at the bikes, because they were packed so close to each other. I could not stand back and get a decent look at the bikes; it was so cramped in their show room. In addition, they were actually doing service in the showroom; it appeared there was no place else they could do service on bikes. Taking a test ride appeared to be out of the question, and if possible, would have likely been undesirable. The area around the store (it's at the corner of Rama III and Rama VI roads if I recall correctly, about 500 meters west of National Stadium BTS station) had heavy Bangkok traffic.

Of course, all bikes of this type are used. The thing was, at Teera they looked used. Conversely, looking at some scooters at Red Baron Bangkok, they had several that looked practically new, even though they definitely were not. They had been detailed thoroughly. Red Baron has a large showroom, an impressive shop, a considerable parts inventory in the back, and was easy going, not high pressure. In addition, I was able to test ride bikes around their property.

The choice was obvious. The comfort level was just not there for me at Teera.

I went to Terra's BKK showroom recently, looking for a maxi scooter. They had several to choose from. I explained when I got there that I was shopping, and would look at several places before deciding what I wanted to buy.

In spite of saying this, I received the high-pressure "make a decision today" treatment. The environment was not comfortable to me; They have a small showroom that is filled with too many bikes. I had to look down at the bikes, because they were packed so close to each other. I could not stand back and get a decent look at the bikes; it was so cramped in their show room. In addition, they were actually doing service in the showroom; it appeared there was no place else they could do service on bikes. Taking a test ride appeared to be out of the question, and if possible, would have likely been undesirable. The area around the store (it's at the corner of Rama III and Rama VI roads if I recall correctly, about 500 meters west of National Stadium BTS station) had heavy Bangkok traffic.

Of course, all bikes of this type are used. The thing was, at Teera they looked used. Conversely, looking at some scooters at Red Baron Bangkok, they had several that looked practically new, even though they definitely were not. They had been detailed thoroughly. Red Baron has a large showroom, an impressive shop, a considerable parts inventory in the back, and was easy going, not high pressure. In addition, I was able to test ride bikes around their property.

The choice was obvious. The comfort level was just not there for me at Teera.

Received the high pressure sales technique when I was there once too . Sign today or the deal is off . Haven't been back since .

They have lost 2 sales through me since and another impending one . Som Nam Na .

You just got to be firm with them. I have only bought a single part off them. That took 45 min of negotiation to finalize.

The problem is any expectation of after sales service or even if books or paperwork is involved..

Theres been enough threads by now for people to make thier own minds up.

i'll never buy a bike from a non-dealer shop ever again. 2nd hand from a friend or a trusted contact whereby you can confirm the bike's history or a true dealer. other than that forget it, too many horror stories. unfortunately for me i've had it happen to me 1st hand on passed bikes. never again.