Low Life Scumbags

Tornado

I have heard of all sorts of robbing, looting, price rises etc.

The Tuk Tuk drivers were asking for 1500 baht to take people from Patong Beach to the Patong hill, if the people couldnt pay they left them for dead.

I spoke to an Aussie guy last night, who is paying 7,500 baht per night because ofr the shortage of rooms.

I have been told by a man who I trust- on the day of the Tsunami, the police had got about 5 minutes warning and all fled Patong and headed for the hills, without telling a soul. Let us see how many of those ###### survived - it will come out in time.

I will add more later, I realise it aint all Thais, but if you cannot rely on these types of idiots who have an upper hand on what to do, who can you?

:o

I know there have been a lot of unforgettable incidents displaying the beauty of Thai spirit, but I've been here long enough to know I have not yet heard the full story.

Scum always rises to the top.

Sounds like a few bad apples, compared to the hundereds of others providing much-need assistance.

What readers say

The friendliness and help of the Thai has been phenomenal. The Phuket Polytechnic from which I write, was the scene of immense personal sacrifice - all the students came back to school and the boys started making coffins, the girls prepared food packs and care packs. All of this was done entirely with donations from the students, parents and teachers.

Ann Kingston, Thailand/UK

(Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/4126019.stm)

Like you mentioned previously, it is Patong...

Udon, I think that's a great idea! I actually planned to do something like that before; you know, kind of a "hall of shame" ... but about a different kind of species. There are other activities in LOS that people would rather not associate their faces with, publicly. :o

We will see.

The Tuk Tuk drivers were asking for 1500 baht to take people from Patong Beach to the Patong hill, if the people couldnt pay they left them for dead.

I spoke to an Aussie guy last night, who is paying 7,500 baht per night because ofr the shortage of rooms.

I have been told by a man who I trust- on the day of the Tsunami, the police had got about 5 minutes warning and all fled Patong and headed for the hills, without telling a soul. Let us see how many of those ###### survived - it will come out in time.

I will add more later, I realise it aint all Thais, but if you cannot rely on these types of idiots who have an upper hand on what to do, who can you?

Of course it is indeed unfortunate that incidents such as theses happen. But you must understand that anywhere in the world, when a crisis happens, similar actions by individuals and corporations happen. It is the nature of some to take advantage. After being involved in several like situations I have only the following to say - In western countries a lot more advantage is taken causing much more harm, but is not in the press. The people involved also have the power of coverup.

This aside, For ones own sanity, especially if you are personally involved, you must grasp the good and disregard the bad (even if real) as what is needed now is hope and positive reinforcement, not negitivity.

Kind regards,

Shayne

be careful out there. People caught in the throes of illegal or unappealing acts generally do not respond kindly to having their picture taken.

Yep, I'm careful; I only take pics when it's reasonably safe. Missed many opportunities this way, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I'll let you guys know when it's finished. :o

Of course it is indeed unfortunate that incidents such as theses happen. But you must understand that anywhere in the world, when a crisis happens, similar actions by individuals and corporations happen. It is the nature of some to take advantage. After being involved in several like situations I have only the following to say - In western countries a lot more advantage is taken causing much more harm, but is not in the press. The people involved also have the power of coverup.

This aside, For ones own sanity, especially if you are personally involved, you must grasp the good and disregard the bad (even if real) as what is needed now is hope and positive reinforcement, not negitivity.

Kind regards,

Shayne

Your first paragraph is known by all of us, we are old enough to know how the world works.

Im not being negative, Im reporting on the situation. I am getting sick of all the fluffy stuff that gets put on this site. There are many facets of this disater I have never posted about, nor will I. Im not negative and never have been, Im letting all people know what is going on here, warts and all.

Just because the story is negative, doesnt make the messenger negative. :D

:D

Kind regards,

Shayne

Your first paragraph is known by all of us, we are old enough to know how the world works.

Im not being negative, Im reporting on the situation. I am getting sick of all the fluffy stuff that gets put on this site. There are many facets of this disater I have never posted about, nor will I. Im not negative and never have been, Im letting all people know what is going on here, warts and all.

Just because the story is negative, doesnt make the messenger negative. :D

Give us the warts and all, Gent.

And knock a few heads together while your at it (don't get thrown in jail tho). :o

Those who take advantage in this situation are going to take their own medicines soon. The Thai authorities are busy helping others who affected by this tsunami, give them some time. There are also good people who help looking out too. Thai reporters are doing their best to spread the news about these scumbags' activities so people are aware of them.

I would like to mention Khun Ying Pontip, M.D., the deputy Director General of Thai forensic Institute. Without her, the situation dealing with the dead bodies in the affected areas would have never started! Those government officials and top politicians are useless. They can't think, but only take orders.

Torn, I have been trying not to post a few things in a similar vien to this cause I also did not want to sound negative but with the all the good stories I can only match with my own eyes.

Looting going on on Beach Rd (just trawling everyones wreckage) while the Police just stood there watching... and yes I also have first hand reports of the Beach Rd police all being on thier radios 5 mins before and without warning anyone dissapearing FAST. Women and Children follow me.

Does no one else wonder at the issue of Khao Lak safe looters having 'false' police uniforms ?? Seems a odd item to just be able to find fast in such a circumstance.

Tuk Tuks asking for 3k for airport rides aven 2 or 3 days after.

Though I dont know about the room rates, I know lots of availablity seems to be about currently.. Patong is getting that tumbleweed feeling.