Current Requirements For Child Support Extension

What are the current requirements for getting an extension based on having a Thai child (I'm over 50 but not officially married to the mother) ?

Is copy of birth certificate with my name as father sufficient documentation ?

Is proof of money required ? How long does it have to be in the bank ?

Can this type of extension be used for working ?

(Currently I have a work permit and non-O visa extended until February 11, but Immigration may not extend again due to company losing money last year)

See 2.18 (1, 2, and 5) of the new police order for info: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

What is needed will depend upon the immigration office you go to. But the basic items are what you mentioned. Plus I suggest you take the childs mother along to prove that you are living together as a family. Including her house book and ID card.

Yes if can be used to get a work permit.

See 2.18 (1, 2, and 5) of the new police order for info: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

What is needed will depend upon the immigration office you go to. But the basic items are what you mentioned. Plus I suggest you take the childs mother along to prove that you are living together as a family. Including her house book and ID card.

Thanks for the reply. The link in your message does not seem to work, but I've seen that doc before if it's the Nov 2008 rule changes.

I've seen conflicting reports on the money in the bank requirement, some suggesting it's not required.

I'm also not clear whether the money has to be in the bank for 2 months prior to application, as for an extension based on having Thai wife. (this important as I would have to transfer money from abroad)

House registration says mother and child live in Buriram, but actually live in Bangkok. Is that going to cause any problem ?

Thanks for the reply. The link in your message does not seem to work, but I've seen that doc before if it's the Nov 2008 rule changes.

I've seen conflicting reports on the money in the bank requirement, some suggesting it's not required.

I'm also not clear whether the money has to be in the bank for 2 months prior to application, as for an extension based on having Thai wife. (this important as I would have to transfer money from abroad)

House registration says mother and child live in Buriram, but actually live in Bangkok. Is that going to cause any problem ?

There is no mention of the money having to be in the bank for a certain period of time.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

You really are going to go and have a chat with Immigration as this new ruling has not really been tested yet.

You may need to get documentation from a court to show you as the legal Father.

I would expect the money to be required. It does not need to be in the bank for 2 months. There is no requirement for the money to be from abroad for the marriage extension even. If you have been working you can show your tax payments as proof of income.

As long as you have proof of your address in Bangkok that will be enough.

Bangkok from all reports is the best place to get this extension done and will accept the birth certificate as proof of parenthood.

Try this file download: police_order_2008.pdf

One of the requirments asked for by the CM Immigration was show the money. No show and for sure a rejection would have been given. But as usual from what is commonly experienced and heard, is that each immigration, consulate and Embassy make and call their own shots regardless of the lactual laws in motion.

Uncletom

Hallo all,

I have 2 salon in bangkok to my name, but like all salon we dont pay the tax, i have all regular, licence permit ecc..., i can show a bank accont whit the money of income from that salon?(passbook).

tks

Hallo all,

I have 2 salon in bangkok to my name, but like all salon we dont pay the tax, i have all regular, licence permit ecc..., i can show a bank accont whit the money of income from that salon?(passbook).

tks

The only way to prove income is by proof of income tax payments if it is money earned within Thailand.

In your case the best option is 400K in the bank.

Hallo all,

tks

The only way to prove income is by proof of income tax payments if it is money earned within Thailand.

In your case the best option is 400K in the bank.

tank you...

The last one question...

i have one company in Egypt, the equivalent of one "co.ltd" I work for many Dubai and Saudi arabian company, I'm a CEO of this company do you think i can use that for show the paper of my income or i must the same send the money in one thai bank account for 3 month?

tks

tank you...

The last one question...

i have one company in Egypt, the equivalent of one "co.ltd" I work for many Dubai and Saudi arabian company, I'm a CEO of this company do you think i can use that for show the paper of my income or i must the same send the money in one thai bank account for 3 month?

tks

The best way to prove that income would be to get a letter from your embassy since it is earned outside the country. You would need to contact them to see what they require to issue the letter.

The Money does not have to be in the bank for three months acording to the new rules for being a father.

My recent experience (last month)...

Waiting for my bank statements to come through from my home country so I could go to embassy and get a letter which will prove my income of more than 40k per month. They didn't arrive in time so on the off-chance I went to local immigration office and explained my situation. I took along my Thai bank book, which over the past 3 months has had about 180k go through it, in addition to birth certificate with my name as father. Mother & child also present.

They gave me 60 days without even looking at the Thai bank book, but said to me that 40k per month wasn't an option for next time and that I must have 400k in the bank! Though this is a new ruling, so may need time to filter through to the different offices.

I think a bottle of whiskey will be accompanying me next time I go as I only have my monthly income and not 400k to put in my Thai account. Has anyone ever given a bottle of something to their local office? I've heard stories, but don't want to offend them so would appreciate any comments!

My recent experience (last month)...

Waiting for my bank statements to come through from my home country so I could go to embassy and get a letter which will prove my income of more than 40k per month. They didn't arrive in time so on the off-chance I went to local immigration office and explained my situation. I took along my Thai bank book, which over the past 3 months has had about 180k go through it, in addition to birth certificate with my name as father. Mother & child also present.

They gave me 60 days without even looking at the Thai bank book, but said to me that 40k per month wasn't an option for next time and that I must have 400k in the bank! Though this is a new ruling, so may need time to filter through to the different offices.

I think a bottle of whiskey will be accompanying me next time I go as I only have my monthly income and not 400k to put in my Thai account. Has anyone ever given a bottle of something to their local office? I've heard stories, but don't want to offend them so would appreciate any comments!

I wouldn't advise the whisky route.

The police order states the following

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.
So they are wrong.

Here is police order in Thai. Print it out and have your partner find 2.18 (5) and show it to immigration.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70478-...7-2551.pdf.html

I have read the translation as pointed to by thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html. Now I am somewhat confused.

With reference to section 2.18 there appear to be several way that one might qualify in this category. The first stipulation seems to be that the applicant must be a family member of a Thai and specifically either a parent of a Thai, a spouse of a Thai, a child of a Thai, an adopted child of a Thai, or the child of the spouse of a Thai. From this and by my understanding there are then 5 categories under which an applicant can apply under section 2.18.

I would presume that in most cases of those writing here that they are for the most part either a parent or a spouse or both of a Thai.

The 'Basis for Consideration' in 2.18 gives 6 different indicators. The 6th appears to be bounded by the constraint that it applies 'In other necessary circumstances' and is further clarified in the rules of the notice at 6. vis

'If an alien who has entered Thailand before this order came into force and has been continuously granted temporary stay as clause 2.18(6), in case the marriage with Thai lady, is found to lack the qualifications as prescribed in this order, the Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau or competent official shall consider and decide on the particular case based on the prevailing reasons and circumstances within 1 year from the effective date hereof.'

I would advance the position that for those making their first application this position cannot be applied.

In all regular cases I would expect to be asked to meet the first 2 clauses of the Basis for Consideration being a valid Non Im visa and proof of relationship. As a note I see nothing in this order that defines what constitutes acceptable 'proof of relationship. Further to the initial two clauses I would think it then becomes a choice as to which of the following three clauses should be considered, being (3) spouse, (4) child, adopted child, or child of spouse, (5) parent.

The 'Basis for Consideration' makes no statement as to the precedence of one clause over another but in the case of a spouse of a Thai who is not also a parent and provided the marriage is registered and current -de jure and de facto- then this would seem to be all that is necessary for the granting of a visa. If the marriage has no children then clause (5) cannot apply and application of clause (6) as stated above seems only to be relevant 'In other necessary circumstances' that being not applicable where qualification is already met in the above.

I appreciate that the OP was interested as a non-spousal parent but reading the documentation as translated it seems to state that being legally and properly married to a Thai satifies the requirements without regard to any financial situation or status.

Where am I reading this wrong? Or is the translation sufficiently flawed as to be misleading?

Further necesarry circumstances is part of 2.18, sub 5 only.

6 vis gives a sort of limited grandfather clause. This clause is limited to the first year of the new regulations being into effect only. After 25-11-2009 it no longer is applicable.

I have read the translation as pointed to by thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html. Now I am somewhat confused.
1, 2, and 3 are very clear. And are the only clauses that apply for a woman married to a Thai.

(4) Is to get an extension for a child. IE: The husband of a Thai woman has a child (not of Thai nationality) by a previous marriage and the child is living with them.

(5) A single parent of a child that has Thai nationality. It includes a foreign woman also.

(6) Also very clear.

What are the current requirements for getting an extension based on having a Thai child (I'm over 50 but not officially married to the mother) ?

(Currently I have a work permit and non-O visa extended until February 11, but Immigration may not extend again due to company losing money last year)

Yes, yes and 3 months......I just renewed my wife's support visa for our son....a new regulation is that the money (500K) must be in the sponsor's name only...not a husband / wife joint acct. Also make sure you deposit 20 baht into this acct on the day of your visit to immg. They will want to see an entry into your bank book showing the balance on the exact day of your application. Also get your bank to print out a separate balance statement and have it chopped. It duplicates your bank book but they want it anyway. I learned all this the hard way. Hope this helps.

Yes, yes and 3 months......I just renewed my wife's support visa for our son....a new regulation is that the money (500K) must be in the sponsor's name only...not a husband / wife joint acct. Also make sure you deposit 20 baht into this acct on the day of your visit to immg. They will want to see an entry into your bank book showing the balance on the exact day of your application. Also get your bank to print out a separate balance statement and have it chopped. It duplicates your bank book but they want it anyway. I learned all this the hard way. Hope this helps.

Not really as the requirement is 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank OR 40,000 Baht monthly income

You are not talking about the same extension as expatman was asking about. You were getting an extesnsion under 2.11 of the police order for a parent that has a child going to school.

You are not talking about the same extension as expatman was asking about. You were getting an extesnsion under 2.11 of the police order for a parent that has a child going to school.

And an Alien Child at that. The Op is talking about being the Father of a Thai Child.

I wouldn't advise the whisky route.

The police order states the following

So they are wrong.

Here is police order in Thai. Print it out and have your partner find 2.18 (5) and show it to immigration.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70478-...7-2551.pdf.html

Thanks for that, I was going to try and find a Thai copy before my next visit, but you've solved that problem. You can have the whiskey instead ;-)