Would Appreciate Translation Of 3 Lines Of Thai Text

Maestro

Once again I drag a translation question from the visa forum into this forum, this time three lines of Thai text from the National Police Act B.E. 2547 (2004) with a plea for help from a translation expert here:

post-a74324-Police-Act-2547-2004-11-4-.gif

--

Maestro

It has been brought to my attention that a translation is difficult because the text I posted is only a fraction of a sentence. I should have realise that myself, and here now is the full text but only the highlighted part needs translation. It was referred to in the English translation of another text.

post-21260-1232888192_thumb.png

--

Maestro

i'm no expert but i will have a go.

its legalese and difficult for me to put into a readable english sentence but here goes , and maybe one of the heavyweights will come and tidy it up later.

setting of rules/procedures for carrying out orders or instructions , specifically in the case of the work done by police and investigators and the use of their authority in working within the law when considering criminal and other law.

Edited by taxexile

the first sentence seems to say that according to

........section or clause 11. the office of the national police , with the commander of the national police as head of that office (and head of the civil service??) has the authorities and power as follows.

then there are 4 clauses , the fourth one being the one translated in my previous post.

hope that is helpful , i see DH is lurking , he will surely be able to give the definitive translation for you.

Do I really lurk?

Here is an attempt:

Section 11. The Office of the National Police has a Commander of the National Police as its Chief. The Commander has the following duties:

(4) to set forth rules and specific orders for civil service police officers and investigative personnel in their use of power in carrying out their functions in accordance with the Legal Codes and, (to set forth the rules and orders regarding) criminal investigative methods as well as other applicable laws.

It is a bit convoluted and bureaucratic, as Taxexile says, and I judge his translation as a pretty good!

Thank you, DavidHouston and taxexile.

Incidentally, since you are probably both on some kind of extension of stay in Thailand, it has to do with the basis for the authority of the Police Director General of the Police Department or an official deputised by him to issue the extension rules, as cited in the preamble of Police Order 777/2551, but these are legal technicalities that do not belong into the Thai Language forum. It is discussed in another topic, in the visa forum, starting at about this post if anybody is interested in following it.

--

Maestro