Sleepless Nights Ahead For Bohpud & Gecko Fire & Threads

NALAK

They are currently re-building Gecko.......and it's going to be beautiful.

Expect all this nonsense will start all over again now......Try talking to each other this time!

To the Dubai connection :D A little clubhouse to cater for 6 X1 Million $ homes ( wow) .

Sir please get your facts & your mates right.Maybe you should have a look here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a101618-.html

Small club house ( Illegal) Cleared all the healthy trees to use inside.

The funny thing is ,as we have been told by many close sources, if we talk about it , we could get hurt, because of connections? Well yeah righ, it has already been documented, all threats noted thank you.

Sure I will communicate with him, good of you to live in fairy land & oh sorry I forgot , you are The FINANCIER?( The Dubai connection)

Love you to come & talk to some of the affected people here :)

Hope you enjoy Dubai & your future stay at the Gecko Estate.

Edited by Oak

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like they were only coconut palms. Not exactly in the same league as chopping down wild trees.

Sorry Karen, I must be confused about the tread of loosing all the coconut trees on Samui.They are ONLY coconut trees :)

I was on Samui last week visiting a friend. I witnessed the devastation first hand. A complete batch of trees just hacked down. Dreadful.

You can see the Gecko monstrosity sitting in the hills.

The thought of a night club like this in a residential area is just too much to understand.

My heart goes out to the residents who will have their lives ruined by selfish money grabbing people.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but there is no polite way to put it.

They are currently re-building Gecko.......and it's going to be beautiful.

Expect all this nonsense will start all over again now......Try talking to each other this time!

To the Dubai connection :D A little clubhouse to cater for 6 X1 Million $ homes ( wow) .

Sir please get your facts & your mates right.Maybe you should have a look here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a101618-.html

Small club house ( Illegal) Cleared all the healthy trees to use inside.

The funny thing is ,as we have been told by many close sources, if we talk about it , we could get hurt, because of connections? Well yeah righ, it has already been documented, all threats noted thank you.

Sure I will communicate with him, good of you to live in fairy land & oh sorry I forgot , you are The FINANCIER?( The Dubai connection)

Love you to come & talk to some of the affected people here :)

Hope you enjoy Dubai & your future stay at the Gecko Estate.

As it happens I do live in Dubai, and yes, thankyou very much, I do enjoy living there!

However, as per usual on this forum, the wrong conclusions have been drawn once again....I am not the FINANCIER as you put it.....quite the contrary. I am however a great friend of Gary and his lovely family and am looking forward to visiting the New(new) Gecko in the New Year.

Hope you've had a nice Xmas but expect you won't enjoy New Years Eve much. You should go join the party.....it will be excellent, of that I have no doubt.

Who actually owns Gecko?

Why don't you all go up there and have a drink... Nobody's stupid enough to make a nightclub there!

(though if you keep promoting it like one on here you may actually be attracting the wrong crowd!)

This is one of the most beautiful bar/restaurants on the island and will be surrounded by million dollar + villas (already sold)

Who would build a villa next to a nightclub..?????.

And this is to the poster that's got nothing better to do with his life than bore the pants off people with

this complete cock and bull story..

"Why don't you chill out dude.. because nobody has had or will have sleepless nights!!!"

It still amuses me greatly when I read one of the very early posts on this thread. Especially the bit that says " Nobody's stupid enough to make a nightclub there!"

Well we certainly now know who's stupid enough to make a night club there now don't we? In fact consider how stupid you would have to be to do it twice!

I think you will find Stussy, or whatever your name is that in fact the noisier it is on New Years, the more the locals will enjoy it because it will simply bring the demise of this place from a "law" point of view to an earlier demise and conclusion.

Regards and a Happy New Year!

Looks like they were only coconut palms. Not exactly in the same league as chopping down wild trees.

O it's just coconut trees, then it is ok to cut them all down.

Yes, that's right. Coconuts are planted by man and are a cash crop. You may think that they are decorative, but, that's not why they were planted in the first place.

You might as well complain about a field of wheat being harvested, though, of course, a field of wheat isn't so easy on the eye, is it.

Who actually owns Gecko?

Why don't you all go up there and have a drink... Nobody's stupid enough to make a nightclub there!

(though if you keep promoting it like one on here you may actually be attracting the wrong crowd!)

This is one of the most beautiful bar/restaurants on the island and will be surrounded by million dollar + villas (already sold)

Who would build a villa next to a nightclub..?????.

And this is to the poster that's got nothing better to do with his life than bore the pants off people with

this complete cock and bull story..

"Why don't you chill out dude.. because nobody has had or will have sleepless nights!!!"

It still amuses me greatly when I read one of the very early posts on this thread. Especially the bit that says " Nobody's stupid enough to make a nightclub there!"

Well we certainly now know who's stupid enough to make a night club there now don't we? In fact consider how stupid you would have to be to do it twice!

I think you will find Stussy, or whatever your name is that in fact the noisier it is on New Years, the more the locals will enjoy it because it will simply bring the demise of this place from a "law" point of view to an earlier demise and conclusion.

Regards and a Happy New Year!

The same to you CONCERNED....or whatever YOUR name is (New Year Greetings, that is).

I suspect however, that things will not necessarily pan out the way you think they will......Have to wait and see, won't you?

Stussy55 .

Have you actually been to the site and seen it?

Do you actually know what a residential area is?

Do you know what it is like to go without sleep in spite of closing every window in your house to keep out the noise.

Do you really think that the local residents including many influential Thais are going to allow this abomination to actually happen?

I am afraid that this appalling Gecko character is going to learn the hard way that you just cannot wreck peoples lives to satisfy your own greed.

Hopefully he will see sense and transfer his project to somewhere more appropriate than a quite peaceful residential area.

O it's just coconut trees, then it is ok to cut them all down.

Yes, that's right. Coconuts are planted by man and are a cash crop. You may think that they are decorative, but, that's not why they were planted in the first place.

You might as well complain about a field of wheat being harvested, though, of course, a field of wheat isn't so easy on the eye, is it.

Yeah, that's what i said; cut them all down

An inflammatory post and the answers to it have been deleted.

Forum Rules.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Was there an official statement about what caused the fire? Or confirmed rumours?

Official, as usual electrical fault :):D with a lot of fine acting. I wonder where they will put the six million dollar villas now?

Was there an official statement about what caused the fire? Or confirmed rumours?

Sorry longtom, what fire are you talking about? Gecko no.1 or... is it a newly built Gecko No.2?

I am talking about the fire that burned down the Gecko in October. I have no information other than from this thread about what caused said fire, was it carelessness or arson? Proven, obviously, supposably, probably, whatever.

• 4 weeks later...
Gecko has gotten one of the "advertising" cars adding to the noise pollution in Chaweng.

Looked like they were advertising a weekly party.

Goodnight to all Bophut hills residents :D

As Samui Villa & Mr Gecko, keep telling us to get it into our thick heads, this is NOT a night club.It's a site for 6 luxury villas, already paid for that were supposed to start building last June 2009.

Open air under the stars or the sun it's what advertised now. I wonder about certain permits :D , They can make as much noise as they like :):D love it.

Funny when you only have 30 people there in this UGLY monstrosity.Built to keep the noise down :D :D

Patience is a virtue as they say.

I dont no Mr Gecko ( surley this cant be his real surname ! ). I have heard about his nightclub and what happened to it. I have also read the rumours on here about what happened to it.

But i can tell him about his night club if it is a case that local thai's dont want his night club there then his night club will not be there for long no matter how many times he rebuilds it. I am not sure if this is the case or not. Is it local thai's and local expats that are not happy with his nightclub ? Or is it just the local expats. If it is just the local expats that dont want it there, then he will be ok becuase there is not much the local expats can do about it.

I dont no Mr Gecko ( surley this cant be his real surname ! ). I have heard about his nightclub and what happened to it. I have also read the rumours on here about what happened to it.

But i can tell him about his night club if it is a case that local thai's dont want his night club there then his night club will not be there for long no matter how many times he rebuilds it. I am not sure if this is the case or not. Is it local thai's and local expats that are not happy with his nightclub ? Or is it just the local expats. If it is just the local expats that dont want it there, then he will be ok becuase there is not much the local expats can do about it.

It's just local expats. Thai people are very hard of hearing and don't really sleep so they aren't bothered by any of it.

It's just local expats. Thai people are very hard of hearing and don't really sleep so they aren't bothered by any of it.

local Thais i knew were bothered about it as they are going to loose rental income, value of there land around there is going to drop. Thai guy near there has a resort he is concerned, so he says. Thais dont really sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a new one they do very little else :) you are obviosly joking but got me for a while

Edited by NALAK

• 2 weeks later...

What is the feeling around Bhoput Hills now that Gecko has reopened? I check the thread every few days and haven't seen any new comments regarding noise pollution, sleepless nights or infact, anything else for quite sometime.

I know there have been events at the new premises as I am in contact with Gary and family regularly, so I'm just wondering whether the situation has been resolved, or is at least better than it was a few months ago?

I would be interested to know, as the thread has, at times, been quite vitriolic from both sides, with posts being deleted as inflammatory etc. and is now all but silent.

Not trying to reopen the can of worms or anything.....just curious.

What is the feeling around Bhoput Hills now that Gecko has reopened? I check the thread every few days and haven't seen any new comments regarding noise pollution, sleepless nights or infact, anything else for quite sometime.

I know there have been events at the new premises as I am in contact with Gary and family regularly, so I'm just wondering whether the situation has been resolved, or is at least better than it was a few months ago?

I would be interested to know, as the thread has, at times, been quite vitriolic from both sides, with posts being deleted as inflammatory etc. and is now all but silent.

All fine & dandy here, you? :)

The 6 x 1 million dollar paid up villas look great.

All fine & dandy here, you? :)

The 6 x 1 million dollar paid up villas look great.

All fine here too thanks; enjoying a beautiful winter in the desert.

I've seen pics of the "new" Gecko bar and it looks great. The villas WILL be started, I'm quite sure, in the not too distant future.

My question regarding noise pollution and the previous issues in this thread still stands though. Are there issues still or has the new premises and its design + the fact that, from what I gather, events now start in the daytime (as always planned) and finish earlier made a difference?

I for one am looking forward to visiting the Island in early April and hanging out with my friends at their new property, and regardless of the feelings that were running so high a few months ago you surely have to take your hat off to them for bouncing back like this after losing everything they had such a short time ago; quite an acheivement in anybodys book!

Looking forward to hearing the thoughts and opinions of those that were so vocal a while back.