Beware Of Phone Txt Scam

Mali1964

I've been receiving txt messages from a new news agency, my number along with many others as been passed on for marketing etc they can come from any company for marketing, news, weather updates etc, but its all in Thai they were just annoying so I checked around to see how to stop them below is a copy from a post in communications forum were I first asked but thought this best be made more public.

OK i seem to have sorted this but it appears to be a money making scheme, I replied with a txt with the word STOPP2 similar as back home in the UK, a friend from my local telewiz shop told me that after 30 days they charge you 2 baht per txt received but most falang don't know what the messages are saying, the biggest problem would be if you left Thailand for a few months came back turned on your phone at the airport all the average 6 messages a day would start to load on to your phone blocking it for a while & also wiping out your credit.

This as nothing to do with AIS they did not want to now, apparently my number as been sold on for marketing information services along with many others I believe 1 in 10, so beware don't just ignore these txt info message's, i.e. the real txt message, not the free info that ones that flashes up on your screen now & then, this service you stop with your phones software

Topic found here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Dtv-News-Txt-Stop-t238196.html

Edited by Mali1964