The Nation

taxexile

the new header , at the top of seemingly every page , the nation thai visa forum banner.

please spare us the rapid flashing and zooming about slogans nonsense , its sending me up the wall.

a little subtlety will make a better impression.

pleeeeease.

I agree, but It's not as bad as some of the avatars. There is one with a head shaking back and forth which I have to scroll right past. The writer seems interesting, from the few words I see on the scroll past. It's too bad his 'nausea producing' flashing avatar makes the 'words of wisdom' not worth looking at.

-----------

The POINT is, it has been long ago discovered that FLASH FLASH ads lose more audience than gain!

Edited by eggomaniac

Nation Channel uses an aggressive rapid fire delivery in either statement or question. Everything is very declarative and delivered in a harsh in-your-face manner. I assume this is deliberate, as it mimics Suttichai Yoon's own method of television presentation - a sort of "contradict me if you dare" manner. So the flashing images - annoying, but attention-grabbing (in intent) - don't surprise me in the least. It's a real put-off.

i think advertising should be disabled for registered members. most hits come from visitors who dont contribute anything to the site.

thai visa would be nothing without the members, it would be a way of admin to say thank you for building this forum

ps i wonder if ads are disabled for the mod team. i would be shocked if they were not

Edited by mc2

the new header , at the top of seemingly every page , the nation thai visa forum banner.

please spare us the rapid flashing and zooming about slogans nonsense , its sending me up the wall.

pleeeeease.

All I know is that with all these banners and ads, it takes about 3 hours for the page to load :o

Got to love the Nation advert at the top of the page.....'We Know Througout Thailand'..nationmultimedia :D Its been like that for a couple of days, nobodys corrected it, probably think its spelt right :D

Typical Nation mediocrity.

Edited by JacknDanny

i think advertising should be disabled for registered members. most hits come from visitors who dont contribute anything to the site.

thai visa would be nothing without the members, it would be a way of admin to say thank you for building this forum

ps i wonder if ads are disabled for the mod team. i would be shocked if they were not

No, they are not disabled for anyone even admin.

Registered members should view ad-free. Interesting concept.

Just curious, mc2, where you think the revenue comes from to keep this site running? The tooth fairy?

Or to get an ad free site, would you be willing to pony up money to help cover expenses? Didn't work before, don't see it working now. Everybody wants something for nothing.

As for the banner at the top, can't say that I noticed, but then I usually scroll down pretty fast to look at the first post :o

pleeeeease.

All I know is that with all these banners and ads, it takes about 3 hours for the page to load :o

Got to love the Nation advert at the top of the page.....'We Know Througout Thailand'..nationmultimedia :D Its been like that for a couple of days, nobodys corrected it, probably think its spelt right :D

Typical Nation mediocrity.

Hate to break this to you JnD but AIS had a similar sort of error in one of their banners once, I emailed sales to let them know about the poor spelling but was told that the ad copy had come directly from AIS and they were unable to edit it for them.

Registered members should view ad-free. Interesting concept.

Just curious, mc2, where you think the revenue comes from to keep this site running? The tooth fairy?

Or to get an ad free site, would you be willing to pony up money to help cover expenses? Didn't work before, don't see it working now. Everybody wants something for nothing.

As for the banner at the top, can't say that I noticed, but then I usually scroll down pretty fast to look at the first post :o

LOL the tooth fairy.

sorry, but did you actually read what I wrote ?

the vast majority of hits come from visitors, so advertising for them

and no advertising for the people like members and mods and admin who are the people that actually contribute to the site.

i was never saying to turn of advertising completely.

sbk
would you be willing to pony up money

didnt know you were from peckham sbk.

:D I'm not. Thought everybody used that phrase :o

and yes, I did read your post, mc2. Doesn't mean it makes any sense :D

most of them go unnoticed by me , but the nation light show does get noticed and does annoy.

i understand the need for ads , after all wages have to be paid to the mods and all the others who work for the company , so there does need to be an income.

but the sheer volume of the ads is sometimes overwhelming

when the connection is slow you have to wait for the main part of the page to load whilst the ads which always come up in a micro second just taunt you with their stupid slogans and flashing lights. who would buy anything from a company whose ads just anger you ?

frankly I don't notice ads at all ... haven't for ages

Firefox?

nope .. by habit I load Safari (I honestly just don't notice adverts ... and if the OP were honest he'd admit that he doesn't either unless they are new or he has a bias -- since he's not complaining about the other flash ads)