Looking For A Wall Mounted Foldable Shower Seat

Dario

Im thinking of taking my 87-year old mother from Switzerland to my home in Pattaya. She lost my father a little over a year ago and is now all alone in a home for elderly people. The more she has been battling a noro virus with constant vomiting and diarrhee for weeks.

When I visited her last year I noticed in her bathroom a very helpful thing: a foldable shower seat. I try to attach a picture here for you to show. I asked my friend in Berlin ro arrange to send me one but he told me that he is sure this item should also be available here in Thailand. Has anyone of you ever seen something similar in Thailand (possibly in a hospital) or even know where I could buy one? Any info would be very much appreciated!

post-5472-1233406119_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1233406166_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1233406214_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi, you could consider about the Teak shower seat, it's very strong wood structure.

Teak is a type of wood that is naturally resistant to elements that would cause other types of woods to be worn and damaged. Not only can it resist water but it can resist the damages caused by pests as well.

I would never recommend any wood in a shower here as mold/mildew is a serious issue in this weather. I have never seen the wall mounted units and would be concerned with the wall actually holding a persons full weight. But admit have not looked. What they do have are aluminum/fiberglass units that are very light weight and easy to move around.

p-shower-stool.jpg