Visa-type Application Process

Greetings Guys & Gulls

Dont know why I keep landing here - must be because the advice is always sage & swift

I recently enquired about some legal recommendations and was given a terrific referral - pardons all round for lack of acknowledgment & kudos, but its too tough to look it up - and alas, he has gone to sleep or is still celebrating 恭喜发财,万事如意,主里蒙恩

No matter - what I was thinking is that it might indeed make more sense to simply drop in for a visit and do things one-on-one.

Is there anything that I should do or not - dont need to prejudice myself - presume I can simply do the tourist thingy and go from there?

It will be - in all probability - a BOI based corporation, as there will be significant investment in R&D. If anyone has any valid input - please!

I am also importing a very expensive power yacht - the basis for some of the manufacturing systems - and was wondering if that process would

be compromised by my status.

Again - thanks for all the great advice - see y'all in Phuket - real soon.

BR>Jack

Somebody else may come along with input on setting up a BOI company. If I understand correctly, you have now found a law firm to handle the company formation for you but by all means also gather information on ThaiVisa about it, perhaps in the forum “Jobs, economy, banking, business, investment in Thailand

Until the company is up and running and you have a work permit and annual extensions of stay for employment it would be ideal if you could get a multiple-entry non-B or non-O visa from a Thai consulate in the country where you are now. In some countries it is possible from an honorary consulate without having to meet all the requirements listed on the website of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in other countries it is impossible. Otherwise, it is indeed tourist visas, with 30-day extensions.

--

Maestro

Greetings Guys & Gulls

Dont know why I keep landing here - must be because the advice is always sage & swift

I recently enquired about some legal recommendations and was given a terrific referral - pardons all round for lack of acknowledgment & kudos, but its too tough to look it up - and alas, he has gone to sleep or is still celebrating 恭喜发财,万事如意,主里蒙恩

No matter - what I was thinking is that it might indeed make more sense to simply drop in for a visit and do things one-on-one.

Is there anything that I should do or not - dont need to prejudice myself - presume I can simply do the tourist thingy and go from there?

It will be - in all probability - a BOI based corporation, as there will be significant investment in R&D. If anyone has any valid input - please!

I am also importing a very expensive power yacht - the basis for some of the manufacturing systems - and was wondering if that process would

be compromised by my status.

Again - thanks for all the great advice - see y'all in Phuket - real soon.

BR>Jack

If you are trying to find your previous topics and posts. Use the pulldwon menu that is your user name and click on the appropriate one.

I think the information you are seeking is in your Personal Messages inbox. When I went back through your topics I found a reply that said they were sending you a PM.

The quote is used to show that I was responding to your psot. At times we get additional posts that make it hard to sort out which post is being answered.

I still am not sure what your question is. It sounded like you were trying to find a earlier topic you had posted. so I told you how to find them.

Here is a list of all your topics.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search.html&...ult_type=topics

Link to BOI application procedusre: http://www.boi.go.th/english/about/boi_pro...n_procedure.asp

You can apply in advance and could get a IB visa from a consulate. Link to info: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

If you have an existing company in the US or elsewhere you could also possibly get a non immigrant B visa with a letter stating your business intentions and that the company would be responsible for your expenses while in Thailand. A Honorary Thai consulate would be the best to contact for this type of visa.

Aha - that is indeed, again, sage advice - without the bloat, plus it works - Gracias.

Of course, as life would have it, my new lawyer - we were neighbors in MDR, Ca, some years back - did indeed return from a protracted second New Year celebration

I received email from him late last nite - did a search of my personals and still cannot find the original post, along with the excellent advice received - perhaps I need to do a more 'global, wildcard' search in this here Forum.

No matter - we all appear to be on the same page once again - I will post any helpful news here, as it is often the sum of several different components that helps to clarify a rather simple but seemingly illogical omission.

Again, many thanks for all the patience, diligence & integrity

BR>Jack