Bank Transfer

I need to transfer some money (in bhat) to a citibank account in the bangkok branch. I cannot seem to do it at the ATM of any local bank and my bank (krung thai) says they cannot do it at the counter either (except for paying bills etc.). Is there any way to get over this?

PS. It is all the more rediculous as it is Dell(Thailand) who has asked me to do this. ie.they only have an account with Citibank!!!

Withdraw the money from your krung thai account, go Citibank and fill out deposit slip for the Dell account and put the money in?

TH

Hope that the OP lives in Bangkok, otherwise your suggestion requires a trip to Bangkok and is the only way it can be done.

If you had Internet banking with either SCB or Kasikorn Bank you would be able to transfer to Citibank.

Don't know about Krung thai bank.

Withdraw the money from your krung thai account, go Citibank and fill out deposit slip for the Dell account and put the money in?

TH

Hope that the OP lives in Bangkok, otherwise your suggestion requires a trip to Bangkok and is the only way it can be done.

If you had Internet banking with either SCB or Kasikorn Bank you would be able to transfer to Citibank.

Don't know about Krung thai bank.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I do live not far from Bangkok. The first option, while not being impossible, is quite a hassle and frankly it's pretty absurd having to that. (If Dell presumes all their customers were going to go through that, I bet they would have been out of business for a long time now..)

The 2nd option is more interesting. My wife has internet banking with SCB (it's all in thai isn't it?), but apparently you could transfer only to specific Citibank accounts. there is a list if I remember right. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Furthermore, for all SCB internet bangking transfers, you need to register the recepient's account at the counter first afaik. (may not apply for those in the list?)

T

he 2nd option is more interesting. My wife has internet banking with SCB (it's all in thai isn't it?), but apparently you could transfer only to specific Citibank accounts. there is a list if I remember right. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Furthermore, for all SCB internet bangking transfers, you need to register the recepient's account at the counter first afaik. (may not apply for those in the list?)

Whatever is on their site in Thai is also available in English. Just look for the Thai | English button up on the top.

The list you are referring to is the Bill Payees List and is not what you are interested in.

1. Log in

2. click on MY PAGE

3. Fund Transfer tab

4. Another Bank Account

5. Edit profile

6.Add Another Bank's Account , Please specify the account details, which does have a drop down list for CitiBank N.A.

The warning given is:

Remark: Before you make a transfer to 3rd party SCB account or another bank account, you must activate the 3rd party account with One-Time Password (OTP). You can choose whether to receive it via SMS or E-mail on this screen. If you wish to update your mobile phone no. or E-mail address, please present your passbook and ID/passport at any Siam Commercial Bank near you

Which does not apply to you (Unless you are going to change your phone # or E-mail address)

7. Hit the add button and you should be in business, no bank visit required.

Edited by Langsuan Man