Disaster With Ex-girl. Will It Effect My Visa?

I wish to bring to this forum an experience I’ve had in Thailand some years ago, and how it may directly effect my being able to come back in the future. I am thinking of going back to Thailand later on in the year, but before I can even think about that, I need to get the following cleared up first.

Some years back now (6 yrs) I was in a relationship with a Thai girl in Udon Thani. This lasted almost 2 years. I want to put it out there right now, that I never did anything wrong by her or her family. Yes, she was an ex-bargirl. I never cheated on her, and everything I did was in her best interests.

Anyway, like most other stories I hear these days she ended up getting greedy. Selling all of the gold jewelry and other expensive presents, and then shamelessly asking/demanding more money. It came to the point where I wanted out and told her. She was furious. I wanted out, and after trying unsuccessfully to reason with her, I took off back to Australia. When I got back to Australia, I found out that she actually went to the police and reported me as a thief, saying I stole all of her jewelry, money etc…. then left the country!!! Initially, I thought it was a bluff, but now I find it to be true (though a friend).

What I really want to know is, will I have any trouble when I come back into Thailand? The last thing I want to be faced with at the beginning of my next holiday is to be arrested at Thai airport when I arrive!

Does anyone know how I can find out if there is a Thai arrest warrant out on me for this rubbish, and if there is how I can resolve it?

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!

One things for sure – I will NEVER AGAIN date a bargirl!

Thanks.

I wish to bring to this forum an experience I’ve had in Thailand some years ago, and how it may directly effect my being able to come back in the future.  I am thinking of going back to Thailand later on in the year, but before I can even think about that, I need to get the following cleared up first.

Some years back now (6 yrs) I was in a relationship with a Thai girl in Udon Thani.  This lasted almost 2 years.  I want to put it out there right now, that I never did anything wrong by her or her family.   Yes, she was an ex-bargirl.  I never cheated on her, and everything I did was in her best interests.

Anyway, like most other stories I hear these days she ended up getting greedy.  Selling all of the gold jewelry and other expensive presents, and then shamelessly asking/demanding more money.  It came to the point where I wanted out and told her.  She was furious.  I wanted out, and after trying unsuccessfully to reason with her, I took off back to Australia.  When I got back to Australia, I found out that she actually went to the police and reported me as a thief, saying I stole all of her jewelry, money etc…. then left the country!!!  Initially, I thought it was a bluff, but now I find it to be true (though a friend).

What I really want to know is, will I have any trouble when I come back into Thailand?  The last thing I want to be faced with at the beginning of my next holiday is to be arrested at Thai airport when I arrive!

Does anyone know how I can find out if there is a Thai arrest warrant out on me for this rubbish, and if there is how I can resolve it? 

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!

One things for sure – I will NEVER AGAIN date a bargirl!

Thanks.

You can try the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra. 111 Empire Circuit Yarralumla ACT 2600 02 6273 1149. It is either that route, or you'll need to instruct a Thai lawyer to check with the Royal Thai Police. Frankly, I think the complaint is way out of date, and the lady has moved on. My guess is that there is no record. Good luck.