My Son Is A Genius

Dakhar

Well it is official now; my son is a freaking genius….

Here is the story, my wife came home with some documents, showing that my son had undergone an IQ test (he is 4yrs old). The IQ test showed that he is a freak of nature and is a child prodigy.

My wife was all excited and began to “explain” to me the results.

My response was:

“While I do not doubt that my son is intelligent, and probably more intelligent than the woman that administered his IQ test…. I would like to see the last 20 tests given by this woman.”

Really, I imagine this woman tells everyone what they want to hear, she is getting paid to do so, and no one wants to hear, “your child is clinically…. stupid.”

Any how, my wife sulked around the house for some time… but what can I say, the reality is, we are in Thailand & one should take what “experts” say with little faith.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could have humored the wife, and complimented the son, and yourselves.

Oh I am humored often in Thailand, kind of like watching midget boxing....

But the story goes on... the woman that administered the test was telling my wife that because my son was so smart, that he should attend "smart class" after school in order to keep him from getting bored...

and lucky for us, there is a "special" going on right now... blah blah blah....

So yea, I was humored...

xing....

But the story goes on... the woman that administered the test was telling my wife that because my son was so smart, that he should attend "smart class" after school in order to keep him from getting bored...

Is smart class free or would that incur more fees?

according to multiple sources in google, thai kids have extraordinary low IQ's so maybe thats why she was impressed by a 'normal' kid

My kid is growing at a normal rate for farangs but according to all the thai families around here, my 5month old son can do more stuff than their 7-8-10month old babies..

xing....

Is smart class free or would that incur more fees?

Nothing is for free my friend....

You could have humored the wife, and complimented the son, and yourselves.

Hmmm....I reckon better not to. Tell the truth now, hurt a little bit; not tell the truth now, get onto every mailing/phone call list ever produced for 'prodigy' kids and pay and pay until the big disappointment comes - another IQ test and your son is "only" normal.

Besides, it's not the number that counts, it's how the kid deals with his 'genius' abilities - which are also predicated on how you as parents deal with your child. I've found in my travels that the most interesting Mensa people are those in lower-echelon jobs. They tend to be more Renaissance people, as opposed to experts on a given subject; and they seem much more well-adjusted to living in society, as well. Just my 2 cents worth; YMMV.

according to multiple sources in google, thai kids have extraordinary low IQ's

i just did a little google search and it stated the average thai kid aged 8 - 12 had an IQ of 88, and the worrying part was an IQ of 77 in the western world would clase you as medically retarded ............

130 is nowhere near genius, though it is above average. Either way, congratulations.

well seeing he got 130 at 4 years old, no wonder they are impressed from the above findings

Edited by Boater

My Daughter is also at 2years 2 months now she speaks Lou and Thai both well also English very good.

Fiercely independent you get no, and why, explain. This is a program to teach you English.

I0 min later ok now I can do. Yes on the computer.

If she does not like you or what she is being asked to do BUFFALO. In Thai and English smart enough to say to some Thais in English.

Apparently Buffalo is an Issan derogatory term used to belittle someone. Has to win all the time.

She can do basic maths could count to 100 at 15 months.

Can use the phone and mobile which is a little dangerous

Has a boyfriend who she likes to boss. He is 3. They go hand in hand every morning.

I look and think isn’t life great.

Will god or Buddha give me the time on this earth to see her fulfil her dreams?

I hope so

She is still a child and all children need to be allowed to be just that a child.

according to multiple sources in google, thai kids have extraordinary low IQ's

i just did a little google search and it stated the average thai kid aged 8 - 12 had an IQ of 88, and the worrying part was an IQ of 77 in the western world would clase you as medically retarded ............

130 is nowhere near genius, though it is above average. Either way, congratulations.

well seeing he got 130 at 4 years old, no wonder they are impressed from the above findings

IQ's actually go down as you get older, not up. That does not mean intelligence gets lower, just the pretty number. :o

Well my daughter is only 18 months old, and already speaks, English, Thai, Mandarin and Latin, she could count from 1 to 1 million when she was 9 months and was doing quadratic and simultaneous equations by the time she was 13 months. She has just completed he BAGA 6 award for Gymnastics and is currently taking hr grade 7 piano exams. She can sing the wheels on the bus go round and round in 12 languages and was competent in morse code from the time she had been in the womb 5 months and used to communicate regularly, when I would tap out in morse the contents of the 'Telegraph' and 'Financial Times' every day. Apart from all that when she is not horse riding and practising her gymkhana she is a normal 18 month old girl who likes playing with dolls and solving the rubics cube in under 40 seconds.I am worried she may get bored at school (although we have booked her into Harvard University when she is 5), do you think she needs an IQ test??

Well my daughter is only 18 months old, and already speaks, English, Thai, Mandarin and Latin, she could count from 1 to 1 million when she was 9 months and was doing quadratic and simultaneous equations by the time she was 13 months. She has just completed he BAGA 6 award for Gymnastics and is currently taking hr grade 7 piano exams. She can sing the wheels on the bus go round and round in 12 languages and was competent in morse code from the time she had been in the womb 5 months and used to communicate regularly, when I would tap out in morse the contents of the 'Telegraph' and 'Financial Times' every day. Apart from all that when she is not horse riding and practising her gymkhana she is a normal 18 month old girl who likes playing with dolls and solving the rubics cube in under 40 seconds.I am worried she may get bored at school (although we have booked her into Harvard University when she is 5), do you think she needs an IQ test??

Yes Tigs, obviously she does, and that would be 400 baht, without her fortune read.

Now that we know the IQ test cost 400 baht and was 'administered' by a salesman, we know better. In my novel, the main character finds a true genius in Mae Hong Son, in a Shan refugee camp. He pays a certified psychometrist to fly in secretly from Singapore and spend all day determining an IQ of 160. She spends half an hour explaining the results and leaves a certified diagnosis. It cost him 20,000 baht.

Yes!!

:D:D:o:D