My Son Is A Genius

Dakhar

Genius is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration. Thomas Edison

158 to 172, you are smarter than you seem :o

My point exactly, with no humor intended.

If you go strictly by IQ scores, then I should be making scientific breakthoughs which will benefit mankind or some such. Unfortunately, I have not met up with that so-called potential and have not really made the world a better place.

I've no idea where you were tested, but I seem to recall that an IQ of 150 is a genius!

The Connecticut school system was rather enamoured with IQ tests when I was a klid, and I was tested three times from third to seventh grade. They even posted all the scores on the bulletin boards for all to see. I scored a 158, a 168, and a 172 which made all the teachers proud.  But I also remember Bruce, a rather big kis who did OK in school but got a score of 72.  He cried one time that I know of, and I think he tore down the score sheet once. (I found out later that he owned a Texaco Station as an adult and was quite comfortable in life). But every teacher doted on me, and I even skipped a grade because of those goofy tests.

In the military, I also took the ASVAB, and there is a concersion between those scores and IQ.. Mine converted score came out to be 168.

If the child is not composing symphonies or astounding mathematicians at the age of 5, then I think we can safely assume they are not a genius!

Having said that I agree with the majority of posters, early IQ indicators are irrelevent to future prosperity. Bill Gates wasn't a genius, but he certainly made a lot of money! :D

I think success in whatever your field is far more inmportant than an IQ test.

So forgive me if I take all IQ scores and discussions with a grain of salt.

In case I haven't made myself clear, I am not a big fan of IQ tests at all!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IQ's actually go down as you get older, not up. That does not mean intelligence gets lower, just the pretty number. :o

not necessarily. all results of IQ tests are are based on relation to age, i.e. experience up to a certain age is taken into consideration. same tasks, same solutions but older person equals a lower result.

Up date:

Wife says the test was 400 Baht!!

I bet if she would have added a 100 tip, my son would have scored a 140.

(amazing Thailand)

I make a test and sign and stamp 210 IQ (which is 10 more than possible) for 1000 Baht.

OK?

Go and take the test yourself, who knows maybe is Outstanding. "LIKE FATHER LIKE SON" :o:D:D:D

Actually, when I kid, I underwent a battery of tests that apparently stated I was clinically stupid....

30+ years latter, I am bi-lingual with a doctorate degree in the meidical field. But honestly, I don't feel that I am extremely smart, just determined.

Go and take the test yourself, who knows maybe is Outstanding. "LIKE FATHER LIKE SON" :o:D:D:D

Actually, when I kid, I underwent a battery of tests that apparently stated I was clinically stupid....

30+ years latter, I am bi-lingual with a doctorate degree in the meidical field. But honestly, I don't feel that I am extremely smart, just determined.

Determination is a far more important asset, in my opinion, that any IQ in determining success in life.

Bizz you sound crazy mate - your daughter can speak Lou??? And can count to 100. Can call people a buffalo and can use a mobile phone aged 2. She also has a boyfriend...

I think you are seriously deluded :o

Laos Issan Lao boyfriend is joke to us you obviously have not been able to experience and the joy of watching a child being happy and contented we nearly lost this child at three months old to meningitis.

It makes life all the more joyful to see her happy.

I will not lower myself to your derogatory comment.

I am now 60 years old. I found out when I was 20 year old that I was at the top of my class in high school, number 2 out of 1120. This was after high school. I slept through many of my classes as I was bored. I went to college but never got a degree. To this day I fell like I have wasted much of my life. I would have him re-tested and challange him with many things until he can make his own decisons. It is a true pity to waste what he might have.

I see that even 10 yr olds ? are capped and gowned when they leave junior grade, I guess it's a good earner for someone.

Leads to virtually everyone from the security guards to whoever, having as many decorations as General Petraeus, Virtually everyone in uniform has parachute wings as well.

The 18 year old pre military cadets have two rows of ribbons.

When my mother was visiting, she asked me if she could go to the pantomime.

I asked her for more information and eventually saw a poster for a group of uniformed bemedalled election candidates.

My uncle fought in WWII and never had more than one row, mainly 'cos he was only in one theatre.

BTW, and more on topic, when I interview Enginering Graduates, I ask questions like, How far is it to Chiang Mai ?, Which is the Southernmost town/city in SE Thailand? How far to the moon? Tell me what you know about Thailand's Role in WWII?, What is the thickness of a human hair?

Divide .001 by .001 without using a calculator.

The worst for them is "What questions would you like to ask me?"

Finally Should the question mark be inside or outside of quotation marks, and does it require a seperate full stop (period).

Edited by desertrat