Can They Cancel My Visa And Keep My Passport

Ok update...

I have just been to the British Embassey and they were very helpfull .

They are going to ring my boss and explian that he must return the passport today and if he still refuses they will make a police report that he has ' stolen ' the passport and they will just issue me with a new one..

they told me not to worry about immergration, as they have some very good connections high up, and as i have done nothing wrong, they cannot do anything to me and if they do the Consuler who i saw will step in........

with regards to the laptop, i had a call from the poilce who said not to worry as they know i have stolen nothing and they will not proceed, and they mentioned to me just to get my passport back ASAP.... as i have already reported this to the Embassey i cannot get into trouble if i am on overstay ect as my passport is being held..

but they told me not to go to the police as no need .....

There we go....looks like things are sorting themselves out then...and if the none of the above works tell your boss the British Navy will be sending a frigate to Samui to retreive your passport.... :o:D

Or a crack squad of ex-SAS mercenaries from Pattaya........ :D

Nice one getting it sorted out Boater, good to see the embassy helping you out in a big way.

Good luck.

- Shug

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have just left my former employeer to start a new job ( basically the company informed us 26th Jan that there was no money to pay salary and we would basically have to work for free for the next 6 months as the company had no money )

With this and luckily i was offered a new job..

Now that i have left the company they will not give my Passport back and are holding onto it ( i have also just recieved a new 1 year Visa )

So, can they legally hold the passport ? ( As in theory it is own my her Majesty the queen of England, and not me or the company )

and can they cancel the 1 year visa which has just been issued and paid for?

I really need to get this sorted today

Many Thanks

Be very careful maybe your boss is a white slaver. Soon you will be a call boy

Edited by M555

Excellent BOATER! Now a little tip for you ole mate....next time you get a job try and not dance around the office so much....honestly it must be very distracting for your collegues. No wonder you old boss is upset.

I will try not to lol

also if anyone else does have this same problem in the future, please PM and i will give you the name and email address of the lady who is dealing with my case as she is very very good

Excellent BOATER! Now a little tip for you ole mate....next time you get a job try and not dance around the office so much....honestly it must be very distracting for your collegues. No wonder you old boss is upset.

I will try not to lol

also if anyone else does have this same problem in the future, please PM and i will give you the name and email address of the lady who is dealing with my case as she is very very good

Good One Boater....action packed thread, have you thought about starting that 200 page Book now to be 400 pages..a great read for all.

Mafia..how 'school yard' are they. :o

...contact your employer via phone and record the conversation...at least getting them to refuse giving your passport back...

Communicate with your employer preferably by registered mail. For verbal communications, mail your employer promptly a written summary of the conversation by registered letter.

The first thing you should do immediately, if you have not yet done it, is a visit to the police to report the loss/theft of your passport, apply for a new passport, and inform the immigration office in writing.

--

Maestro

The first thing you should do immediately, if you have not yet done it, is a visit to the police to report the loss/theft of your passport, apply for a new passport, and inform the immigration office in writing.

The Embassey is doing this on my behalf, they will ring him first and threaten the fact that if he does not give it back they have no option but to call the police....

update

the embassey rang my boss, but he said he had already handed the Passport to Immergration ( i believe his friend who he said will get me deported and arrested )

should i just go to immergration and get my passport back?? ... not sure what office those they have given my passport back to.

Thanks

Call the embassy and have them handle it

that is what i am planning to do.... but i rang my office and they would not tell me what Immergration office it had been handed to !!

i do remember yesterday that if Immergration do have the passport they have to hand back to the Embassey???

i am just worried if it is with Immergration, he may get a friend to do something to my passport which i am worried about, also if they did cancel my visa ect i will be on an overstay and they can get me into trouble for that?

Thanks

Normaly that is correct, but in your case they can argue that you are on overstay and therefor want to hang on to the passport so they can deport you. That is why you should let the embassy or your lawyer handle it.

I have just recieved an email now from the Embassey explaining not to worry and that they will deal with everything

Dear xxxxx,

Please try not to worry, technically if your someone withholds your passport from you, it is theft. He is at fault. As the discussion between you and him unfortunately didn't resolve the problem, it's now out of your hands and an issue between us and him. This means that when we get it back we'll probably need to issue you a new passport. And, as I said if he doesn't give it back to us we'll cancel the current one and issue you a new passport. I hope this makes sense? If we issue you with a new one, we'll need to ask you for normal application fee I'm afraid, and it takes 10 working days. So either way, you'll have a passport in about two to three weeks time.

As you know we have officially asked him to return it and he told us he would. He could hand it to immigration office or to immigration at an airport, and he said he'd do so on Monday. We'll have to wait until we hear from Immigration.

I hope you have a good weekend.

best wishes,

so i will have to wait to monday .... but i am hoping Immigration dont stitch me up if it is offically being dealt with my the british embassey

Don't worry, your embassy has enough cloud to take care of you. If something happens just calll them. Enjoy the lovely weather and relax.

Don't worry, your embassy says, but if in the process you get to be on overstay you will still have to pay the overstay fine, 500 Baht per day, maximum 20,000 Baht.

But it is good, and surprising, of your embassy to have talked to your employer (who is the thief of your passport)

--

Maestro

Ok

my boss has just rang me and said i basically cannot work for another company.... and they that are holding my passport and i will be blacklisted by immergration??

can they do this and who do i get hold of as i have done NOTHING wrong !

Much help needed

thanks

True!

You cannot work for another company until your present work permit has expired or your present employer signs you off to let you reapply for another work permit for employment with an alternative company.

And if your boss is holding your passport and threatening you with being blacklisted from the Kingdom, than there must be more to this story.

...the embassey rang my boss, but he said he had already handed the Passport to Immergration ( i believe his friend who he said will get me deported and arrested )

should i just go to immergration and get my passport back?? ... not sure what office those they have given my passport back to...

You know your employer better than anybody on this forum and you can judge better than anybody else whether you should believe him or not. You have to make this decision alone and live with the consequences, one way or the other.

I only know that if my passport were lost or stolen I would report it to the police within 24 hours.

Maestro

Once the problem is sorted you should advise the company name and detail so that some other poor sucker doesn't fall into the same trap with these wanke_rs, (also a copy to the former boss just to stick it up him)

Once the problem is sorted you should advise the company name and detail so that some other poor sucker doesn't fall into the same trap with these wanke_rs, (also a copy to the former boss just to stick it up him)

Yes, PM me with the name of the company.

True!

You cannot work for another company until your present work permit has expired or your present employer signs you off to let you reapply for another work permit for employment with an alternative company.

this is not a work permit issue but a face issue by him.... as he stated i know to much....

How long did you work for this WACKO boater?

3 years

Yes, PM me with the name of the company.

i will wait till monday.... if he does not give back the passport and still threatens me then yes i will

bt at the moment i will not give out his or the comapny info as it is playing with fire :o

Take an ad out in the Bangkok Post and Nation after all is said/done - teach these muppets a lesson.

lol... i do the property section in the BKK post for the editor as a spokesperson and give interviews every 3 months or so

maybe a goood idea haha..........

boater

update

i have just seen the boss and he still refuses to give the passport back...

Go to the tourist police rather than regular police station. It is located in New Petcburi Rd (i can't remember what building name) but if you start from Pechburi MRT station you take a taxi and it is about 5 minutes. You have to take your friends as a witness with you. The police will happy to help you. As i have freinds from Taiwan, she was influence to buy a fake jewelly. I took her to tourist police and the police call to the jewelly shop, we wait there about 30 minutes the owner come with the refund money at the tourist police.

If your employer wants to play game with you by refusing then you should make claim report of your employer to the police. Your employer has nothing to do with your passport they must return you. If go to court you will win for reason leave the company as they no pay salary to you then how you are forced to work like a slave.

Go to police now what are you waiting for ????????? Huh !!!

Or use lawyer which i will advice a good lawyer (i have been used their service) the price is not expensive. They have foreign affair to speak english.

Thai visa not allow to post company name and address so you can find it in google type the keywords "inter co law firm" and click about us page from there you will get a contact address.

Good luck

Hi Boater!

Any news on this story? It is really unbelievable... As we are also into Samui property, we would like to talk to you, maybe exchange some knowledge... If you are interested, pls answer to

I hope you get this problem soved finally! We also know a very reliable, "Farang friendly" Lawyer in Samui-

couple of comments:

1. when your WP is canceled you have 7 days to leave the country... so your ex boss has canceled your WP and by hanging on to your passport he is making you overstay... which is probably about to happen if not already. When was you WP canceled?

2. You had plenty of sensible people telling you to go to the Embassy (Immediately) and to the police but it took you really long to do any of it, why?

3. The Embassy seems to be amazingly helpful which has not been the case for many other citizens with problems. Why? are they suddenly becoming nice?

4. The police rings you to tell you not to ring the police? This one beat me on the head telling me this post is somehow fishy... and you have a friend at the police that can verify the existence of a report against you, but you still don't believe you should report this to the police??

5. Despite a few requests, you are still reluctant to give the name of the company? what is your risk? If this is real it could be adding to your security and the one of others on this forum. You have only stated the truth by saying they didn't pay your salary and have kept your passport...

6. And to the people who give lessons about not handing over your passport, if you work here or probably in many other countries, you constantly have to give your passport to agent or authorised person to handle visa, WP, extension of stay and renewals and all sorts of legal requirements.

The problem

You have an issue is that you need your Passport to apply for your new WP with the new company, and you probably have only a few days left before you overstay, so you will need the police report to present to immigration so you can have an extension of visa to bridge until your new WP is in place. And if you have a new job and they are ready to apply for your WP, you don't need to leave the country, your existing visa, even with an overstay is still usable for your new WP.

Immigration will give you a stamp "Under consideration" that extends automatically by 15days, and will repeat for free at least once more if your application is really under consideration.

I am aware many agents will tell you to leave the country to have a new visa, as they did with me but it is BS, Suan Plu has done it for me and my family after a similar situation where an employer canceled my WP and we all overstayed, I simply visited them, explained the situation and got a stamp in each passport immediately after I paid the overstay.

Sorry to treat your post with some doubts, but there are a few surprising reactions that make me thing something is not right...

flg

1. when your WP is canceled you have 7 days to leave the country...

Actually he is required to leave immediately but can get an extension from immigration for 7 days. No longer automatic 7 days.

5. Despite a few requests, you are still reluctant to give the name of the company? what is your risk?

Defamation is the risk and is not taken lightly in Thailand.