Our Clubs In Europe Thread............ All Competitions.

redrus

it's 'kopites' not 'kop heads' soft lad.

do you know the difference between a kopite and copper?

One thinks he is god's gift to football and other carries a big stick.

james, that's just rubbish lad.

how many man united fans does it take to change a light bulb?

560,001. 1 to change it, 60,000 to say they've been changing it for years and 500,000 to buy the replica kit.

:o

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

560,001. 1 to change it, 60,000 to say they've been changing it for years and 500,000 to buy the replica kit.

on that note, how many LP fans does it take to have a conversation... 2....one to have a conversation and one to suck my dick.

:D

on that note, how many LP fans does it take to have a conversation... 2....one to have a conversation and one to suck my dick.

:o:D

If i were you Mr Singh, i wouldn't be opening my mouth like that with James around - bit of an open invitation!

ah james, you're so bloody north american.

You mean the one's that keep bailing your bleeding pommie asses out everytime you get into an arguement vith de germans?

ah james, you're so bloody north american.

You mean the one's that keep bailing your bleeding pommie asses out everytime you get into an arguement vith de germans?

oh my gods. i'm actually speechless at that kidder.

This thread has made interesting reading and raised a few chuckles as well with Plus suggesting that Chelsea need a"stable manager" and wondering if Alex Ferguson can"keep it up for another five years".Well,I HAVE heard people talk about some of our players as 'thoroughbreds' but don't take it literately,mate,and Mrs.Ferguson,I think, should be consulted regarding the second point.

Since 2000,a Premier League club has won the Champions League twice.From 1990,the number of wins has been three.For my part,I don't see any dominance of the EPL in this competition.We have four teams through to the last eight now.Big deal....no one has won ANYTHING yet.All they've done is qualify for the next stage.This competition has the habit of producing the odd surprise and there are still some teams that are very capable of making that happen.I don't see the need to change the format of the competition just because we've mustered a couple of wins recently.

This thread has made interesting reading and raised a few chuckles as well with Plus suggesting that Chelsea need a"stable manager" and wondering if Alex Ferguson can"keep it up for another five years".Well,I HAVE heard people talk about some of our players as 'thoroughbreds' but don't take it literately,mate,and Mrs.Ferguson,I think, should be consulted regarding the second point.

Since 2000,a Premier League club has won the Champions League twice.From 1990,the number of wins has been three.For my part,I don't see any dominance of the EPL in this competition.We have four teams through to the last eight now.Big deal....no one has won ANYTHING yet.All they've done is qualify for the next stage.This competition has the habit of producing the odd surprise and there are still some teams that are very capable of making that happen.I don't see the need to change the format of the competition just because we've mustered a couple of wins recently.

Good post. The oldgit speaks a lot of sense, funnily enough.

Too much knee-jerk (as well as plain old jerk) reaction going on in this thread.

Little bit of success at long last for English clubs and all of a sudden we're talking about drastic changes, how unfair it is, and how boring it's become. What a load of nonsense!

Completely senile though the old boy & tends to repeat himself, repeat himself, repeat himself........... :o

Completely senile though the old boy & tends to repeat himself, repeat himself, repeat himself........... :D

At least he has an excuse MS :o

If i were you Mr Singh, i wouldn't be opening my mouth like that with James around - bit of an open invitation!

I now reckon Jimbo is the Canadian version of Jimmy Sommerville ... :D

Plus suggesting that Chelsea need a"stable manager" and wondering if Alex Ferguson can"keep it up for another five years".Well,I HAVE heard people talk about some of our players as 'thoroughbreds' but don't take it literately,mate,and Mrs.Ferguson,I think, should be consulted regarding the second point.

Nice turn, oldgit.

English clubs played five times in the finals these past eight years, more than any other country for sure. Liverpool twice, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U.

Edited by Plus

Plus suggesting that Chelsea need a"stable manager" and wondering if Alex Ferguson can"keep it up for another five years".Well,I HAVE heard people talk about some of our players as 'thoroughbreds' but don't take it literately,mate,and Mrs.Ferguson,I think, should be consulted regarding the second point.

Nice turn, oldgit.

English clubs played five times in the finals these past eight years, more than any other country for sure. Liverpool twice, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U.

But your facts are misleading as Chels and Utd played in the same one - only 4 finals / 5 teams. :o

Completely senile though the old boy & tends to repeat himself, repeat himself, repeat himself........... :D

At least he has an excuse MS :o

Now,now children,have a bit more respect for your elders

Nice turn, oldgit.

But your facts are misleading as Chels and Utd played in the same one - only 4 finals / 5 teams. :o

I can't find a perfect way - it surely wasn't 5 teams, it was a bit more than just four finals.

You know what I mean.

Man City beating that Danish club today was another feather in PL hat.

With today's CL draw on the cards, here are my predictions of how it will happen. Feel free to enter yours, most correct gets a lifetime TV football star predictor award.

Chelsea - Liverpool

Bayern - Arsenal

Man Utd - Villa Real

Barca - Porto

My guesses are based purely on the Platini Blatter factor as its clear they don't want a repeat of last year.

In the semi it will be.

Chelsea / Liverpool vs Bayern

Man Utd vs Barca

it's a random draw, there's no seeding or country rules, so there's absolutely no skill involved in 'predicting' it. unless you believe uefa really is corrupt and would fix the draw.

ideally i'd like us to get porto or villareal but am not overly bothered. whoever we get, first leg away though please.

it's a random draw, there's no seeding or country rules, so there's absolutely no skill involved in 'predicting' it. unless you believe uefa really is corrupt and would fix the draw.

ideally i'd like us to get porto or villareal but am not overly bothered. whoever we get, first leg away though please.

I think I implied this in the first thread. Poor stevie not happy because I have you against chelsea .. :'(

chelsea are probably the team i'd want to face least from that pot at the moment james, yeah. hiddink has them looking solid again and essien is back.

though i'd still give us reasonable odds against anybody over two legs.

unless you believe uefa really is corrupt and would fix the draw.

Cough, cough..........Cough, cough..

well we'll see. in years gone by lots of fans used to think it was weighted in united's favour because they always seemed to get the piss easy group draw at the first stage. i know uefa is a joke organisation but i don't think even they would stoop to rigging a draw.

if it comes out as liverpool vs chelsea and united v arsenal though i may begin to believe there's something in it.

well we'll see. in years gone by lots of fans used to think it was weighted in united's favour because they always seemed to get the piss easy group draw at the first stage. i know uefa is a joke organisation but i don't think even they would stoop to rigging a draw.

if it comes out as liverpool vs chelsea and united v arsenal though i may begin to believe there's something in it.

But it's a random draw Mate as you say & the chances of 2 English Quarters aren't that out of the questionm really, it's certainly a possibility & the odds will justify that of course because there are 4 English Clubs out of the 8 picked... :o

Rigging Draws ??

Did someone say rigging draws ??

It's closer to home who are worse in my opinion or at least are potentially worse, or it might be shear coincidence Chelsea's FA Cup draw in the previous 2 Seasons..

Anyway, some of you may remember this ??

Edited by MSingh

but what you don't say is we get the toughies like AC Milan and Barca (very often) in later stages of the knockout. Anyways, will make for interesting discussion next week.

I can see Man Utd v Liverpool and Arsenal v Chelsea coming out of this draw. That would suit UEFA down to the ground, and I certainly wouldn't put anything past them.

but what you don't say is we get the toughies like AC Milan and Barca (very often) in later stages of the knockout. Anyways, will make for interesting discussion next week.

you've had your fair share of difficult opponents in the latter stages, same as anyone else has. there aren't any 'easy' draws per se at this stage but some are easier than others.

as i say though i'll be happy against whoever so long as we're away first leg.