Thai Gold Price Hits Record High

george

Thai Gold price hits record high

BANGKOK: -- Local gold trading price hits record high at Baht 16,500 per one baht-weight of gold (15.244 gram).

Gold bar price is now at Baht 16,650

-- Agencies 2009-02-17 (at 1.30PM Bangkok time GMT+7)

BANGKOK: -- Local gold trading price hits record high at Baht 16,500 per one baht-weight of gold (15.244 gram).

-- Agencies 2008-02-17 (at 1.30PM Bangkok time GMT+7)

I'm not to sure if that's correct or not. I buy gold often and use www.ranthong.com for gold quotes. This site updates prices as soon as gold prices change. The price right now is 15650 per 1 baht-weight gold bar.

selling price is 15,650 Not 16500

http://www.goldtraders.or.th/

Futures are at 15,750

London Gold AM Fixing x (15.244/31.1035) x (0.965/0.995) x (THB/USD)

True selling price at this second should be 15,993.8554 Baht with gold at $960 and mid rate on Thai Baht being 35.05

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I'm not to sure if that's correct or not. I buy gold often and use www.ranthong.com for gold quotes. This site updates prices as soon as gold prices change. The price right now is 15650 per 1 baht-weight gold bar.

I'm not sure this is the correct forum to ask these questions and if not please advise a forum I can. Where can I go to see as an American where gold is measured in value by ounces to see conversions for the gram system in Thailand. As an American my very limited experience on how to value gold is determined by the gold carat weight/value and how many ounces? I am currently on Phuket island and would like to sell some old gold jewelry after the stones are removed of the gold value. Where can I go in Thailand and armed with feedback/info from this forum to sell this gold?

I'm not sure this is the correct forum to ask these questions and if not please advise a forum I can. Where can I go to see as an American where gold is measured in value by ounces to see conversions for the gram system in Thailand. As an American my very limited experience on how to value gold is determined by the gold carat weight/value and how many ounces? I am currently on Phuket island and would like to sell some old gold jewelry after the stones are removed of the gold value. Where can I go in Thailand and armed with feedback/info from this forum to sell this gold?

TO SELL GOLD AFTER REMOVING THE STONES IS NOT A GREAT THING TO DO IF YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW RINGS...AND IF THE GOLD COMES FROM THEU.S. THEN GOOD LUCK , ALMOST NO CORNER GOLDSMITH WILL WANT IT...YOU CAN TRY IN THE WORLD TRADE CENTER OR AT SOME OF THE BIGGER LUXURY SHOPS.....WHAT KIND OF STONES ? WHAT KIND OF GOLD? WEIGHT ?...MY WIFE MAKES STUFF AND SHE HAS A LOT OF TRAINING...YOU CAN PM ME IF YOUWANT ANY MORE ADVICE. SHE IS IN HAWAII UNTIL FRIDAY.

TO SELL GOLD AFTER REMOVING THE STONES IS NOT A GREAT THING TO DO IF YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW RINGS...AND IF THE GOLD COMES FROM THEU.S. THEN GOOD LUCK , ALMOST NO CORNER GOLDSMITH WILL WANT IT...YOU CAN TRY IN THE WORLD TRADE CENTER OR AT SOME OF THE BIGGER LUXURY SHOPS.....WHAT KIND OF STONES ? WHAT KIND OF GOLD? WEIGHT ?...MY WIFE MAKES STUFF AND SHE HAS A LOT OF TRAINING...YOU CAN PM ME IF YOUWANT ANY MORE ADVICE. SHE IS IN HAWAII UNTIL FRIDAY.

I think that upper case and lower case letters should be used sparingly in written language especially in the net.

If you write all in upper case, people will think that you are mad or in a bad mood. Or are you?

There's no need to shout!

A good gold shop will pay you the going selling rate for the weight in gold whether it's the common 18 carat or some other percentage. They can easily test for it. Gold is gold no matter what alloy it come in.

This is how to do it without SHOUTING!

To sell gold after removing the stones is not a great thing to do if you only have a few rings...and if the gold comes from the US. Then good luck , almost no corner goldsmith will want it...you can try in the world trade center or at some of the bigger luxury shops.....what kind of stones ? What kind of gold? Weight ?...My wife makes stuff and she has a lot of training...you can pm me if you want any more advice. She is in Hawaii until Friday.

if i write in all lower case letters is this okay?? can you "hear" me ok? try selling an 18 karat gold ring in your typical mom and pop shop and see what they say.....i have seen and heard of plenty of people getting ripped off selling alloy gold. so sorry indra.....

Here, gold is sold by the baht weight. 1 Baht=15.16 grams (23K).

Maybe, just maybe, find a tool to change grammes in ounces and the other way around?

Very handy when iin a country where gold is weighted in the decimal system?

OH dam_n, i should`ve bought all that Gold for myself instead of those bargirls in pattaya look at that gold prize eejejejje

:D I remember i bought 1baht for 6,000THB before.

They sold it anyway when i left the country and bought new motorbike for mama in isaan :D

But it´s OK my way to donate my hard earned money for poor ppl

I was even so stupid and send some money overseas when i visited thailand for the first time.

But then i learned that 80% of those girls have thai-man and some have a handfull of farangs

sending money.Good for the than-men :o

luvU2much500THB

I stopped bothering about Thai gold market after the bad experience I had last year. Remember once that when gold prices hit a low of THB 12,500 per BAHT of gold, no shops were willing to sell to me. I went high and low to many many gold shops in Yaowarat, Central and all the Malls and also MBK. no one wanted to sell, I was only looking to buy 2 Baht of gold.

So I came to the conclusion that when prices are low in Thailand, you can't buy it even if you want to, then.... what is the possibility of the gold shops wanting to buy it from me when the price is sky rocketing high, like now !!

I start to get the feeling that what ever business it is, when it comes to Thailand, its always a scam !!

I think the Thai authorities should try abolish the cartel- style gold industry in this country.

Source from TNA/MCOT said 16,500 at 1:50pm this afternoon.

That would be for gold ornaments chains etc.

Source from TNA/MCOT said 16,500 at 1:50pm this afternoon.

They are early.

High price today for Feb Futures is 15,770

Bid now 15760 and ask of 15,770 as of 3.10 p.m.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Yours is for Gold Bars (bullion)

Hence the difference in the prices.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

Hi Elpasotx,

I think you might give consideration to the fact that American gold alloy simply does not stack up to Thai gold. Not suggesting one is better than the other simply different purity (carats) .

My recommendation is not to even begin to think in terms of trying to "cash in" on the present high prices, but to remove the stones from your old jewellery, find a reputable jeweller and ask him how many carats of your melted down gold he requires to make up a new piece of jewellery for you. If there is any left over, he might be able to make up a second piece for you (or, whatever). This way you can still enjoy your gold in a new form and the labour here is pretty cheap.

Cheers

No gold merchant in Thailand will want your USA 9,10,14K gold. They may interested in 18K white gold as it's fairly popular here, although I doubt you would get much for it. Your best bet would be to sell it on the Internet as scrap gold.

Really, you've been to every gold merchant in Thailand?

The gold merchant I go to takes 14 K gold. Even 8 carat. She has a way of calculating the purity. I sold some 12 K gold there recently.

Sure, there are a lot of gold merchants who couldn't be bothered or don't have the expertise to test it for purity. This is where you need to shop around.

This is the least of your worries with 18K gold jewelry, because it is purchased on a per piece price from jewelry stores, NOT on the actaul quantity of gold in the piece. It can easily cost double the value of gold in it when you purchase it. You shouldn't buy 18K gold for investment purposes because you'll lose too much selling it anywhere. A Thai gold dealer will just pay you for the gold weight and melt it down.