Why Is My Car Shaking

chiangrai

thanks for all your help,

to the guys who said it's a small problem,like wheel ballance,tracking e,c.t.

i hope your right,

to the guys who said it's drive shafts or cv joints,

i fear you're right,

i just bought this peugeot 2 months ago for 55k,

i did not know that parts were more expensive for it than other cars,big mistake

had to buy some since and they seem to be 4 times as expensive than the japs,

small radiator pipe,send to france,wait a month,2k.

basicly this means if it's the drives or joints she's scrap

or anybody know about peugeot parts,the missus rings bangkok direct,

the scrap yards dont carry them,

thanks for all your help,

to the guys who said it's a small problem,like wheel ballance,tracking e,c.t.

i hope your right,

to the guys who said it's drive shafts or cv joints,

i fear you're right,

i just bought this peugeot 2 months ago for 55k,

i did not know that parts were more expensive for it than other cars,big mistake

had to buy some since and they seem to be 4 times as expensive than the japs,

small radiator pipe,send to france,wait a month,2k.

basicly this means if it's the drives or joints she's scrap

or anybody know about peugeot parts,the missus rings bangkok direct,

the scrap yards dont carry them,

Whadtyou expect for 55'k? You can't get a new car for that little money. You get what you pay for. You buy someting bettter you have to pay at least 150'k for a good used car. But i don't know where the hel_l you try to get the parts? Why using junk yards? Peugeot parts are very cheap, all made in Thaiwan. But you have to go to Worachak, Chinatown. You get everything there and you wil amazed how cheap the parts are. You have to go my your self, not let the girl try to get the parts from the scrap yard. Yes they don't keep old parts for peugeot, becase new parts are available and cheap. Just have to go to the right place.

I can understand that the cost of parts may be expensive, and there may be something wrong with your car, but it does not necessarily mean you have to fix it. If the problem it tracking/alignment, get it done as it is cheap as chips. If that is not the problem and it is a cv joint/driveshaft, just leave it, no big damage will be done if it does go tits up.

You said it vibrates at certain speeds, i'n not being funny when I say just dont drive at those speeds, drive a bit faster or slower so it does not vibrate.

I drove around for 6 months with a completley fuc_ked driveshaft in the UK, not only did it vibrate at certain speeds, it made a very loud knocking noise when taking corners due to the cv joint also. But since it is a Peugeot, the driveshafts are sealed (which means they can't be fixed, only replaced) but this also means that they can take some beating, and is very unlikley to break completley.

Just use the car until you get your moneys worth from it, then scrap it.

Edited by scottyd

got 2 new front tires today and got the tracking done,

all seems fine,

thanks for the advice,

for stingray.....peugeot parts made in taiwan,that would even facinate my local dynamo mechanic who has a peugeot and just buys new parts from peugeot.

i presume worachak,chinatown is bangkok.

i'm up in the northernmost tip of thailand,would you know any place closer to here

for scottyd.....the driveshafts are sealed,does that mean they can't be checked for wear

got 2 new front tires today and got the tracking done,

all seems fine,

thanks for the advice,

for stingray.....peugeot parts made in taiwan,that would even facinate my local dynamo mechanic who has a peugeot and just buys new parts from peugeot.

i presume worachak,chinatown is bangkok.

i'm up in the northernmost tip of thailand,would you know any place closer to here

for scottyd.....the driveshafts are sealed,does that mean they can't be checked for wear

You have to go at least one time to worachack and open a account with them. so i done it the forst time. You'll send the money to their account first and they send you the parts via bus to chiang mai. So i started 14 years ago, i get parts almost everyday from bangkok and get monthly bill. Thais maybe can't do this, even local repair shops overhere in Pattaya can't get this connection, because somtime they don't keep the payments for the bills. You are private and you can order parts too. I give you some contact of a spare part delivery company in worachack, name "Suria Yount". The owner speaks fluent english. 02 225 16 39, old fashion style, no emails, they use just fax. His seceretary have at least a mobilephone wich can catch pictures, so you could sent pics of the part you need and order that way. Don't forget in every order they want to know the VIN number of the car, to secure no wrong deliveries. Seceretarys phone: 086 983 45 47, her name is "Appen".

Good luck.

stingray....thats facinating,the thais up here dont know this,i would love to see there faces if i pull it off,it changes the whole economics of driving european cars in thailand,

is the quality o.k.

hope i don't have to go down in person but i will if i have to,

thank you very much