B2000 Stimulus Check

sbk

Stimulus check  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw this recent thread in News about the stimulus check and wondered 1. if my husband were going to get one (probably not, he's self employed) and 2. What would we spend the 2000 baht on? (his check, our money :o)

Nine million will get cash

BANGKOK: -- Some 9.4 million people, including state officials and subscribers to the Social Security Office (SSO), were entitled to the government's Bt2,000 hand-out cheques, Deputy PM Korbsak Sabhavasu said yesterday.

Authorities were looking also at whether 132,000 private school teachers and personnel were also entitled to receive the pay-out, he said.

Meanwhile, the Cabinet agreed yesterday that SSO subscribers who fail to pay their monthly contribution have the right to resume being a subscriber, on condition that they must give notice of their intention to resume being a member within 90 days.

If you were to receive this check, or if your partner is going to receive it, what would you (or your partner) use it for?

Fuel for me pick-up 960 baht V-power from Shell then pick me up 2 boxes, large ones of Singha Beer 1,040 baht. Shopping all done then.

I do that most Thursdays anyway like today. "Song Pan" gone :D

Your truly,

Kan Win :o

I saw this recent thread in News about the stimulus check and wondered 1. if my husband were going to get one (probably not, he's self employed) and 2. What would we spend the 2000 baht on? (his check, our money :D )

If you were to receive this check, or if your partner is going to receive it, what would you (or your partner) use it for?

Hmmm....mebbe go short in gold? :o

I think we all have a good idea what the something else is.

Here’s a moral question for you all.

A magician knocks on your door, with a briefcase containing 2 million US dollars or 1 million British pounds, or equivalent in Thai baht, whatever.

The magician says; I will give you this money, but, if you accept it, someone who you don’t know, a complete stranger will die.

It may be an innocent child, a priest, a sweet old lady or a murderer, rapist. It could be anybody, but whoever it is, his or her death will be caused because you accepted this money.

Question:

Would you accept the money?

This moral dilemma is hypothetical, meaning that the magician is genuine.

Edited by sassienie

A magician knocks on your door, with a briefcase containing 2 million US dollars or 1 million British pounds, or equivalent in Thai baht, whatever.

The magician says; I will give you this money, but, if you accept it, someone who you don’t know, a complete stranger will die.

It may be an innocent child, a priest, a sweet old lady or a murderer, rapist. It could be anybody, but whoever it is, his or her death will be caused because you accepted this money.

Question:

A person that I don't know? Well.. many people that I don't know die every second.. I would take it. Im a bit selfish in that sense. :D:o

I saw this recent thread in News about the stimulus check and wondered 1. if my husband were going to get one (probably not, he's self employed) and 2. What would we spend the 2000 baht on? (his check, our money :o)
Nine million will get cash

BANGKOK: -- Some 9.4 million people, including state officials and subscribers to the Social Security Office (SSO), were entitled to the government's Bt2,000 hand-out cheques, Deputy PM Korbsak Sabhavasu said yesterday.

Authorities were looking also at whether 132,000 private school teachers and personnel were also entitled to receive the pay-out, he said.

Meanwhile, the Cabinet agreed yesterday that SSO subscribers who fail to pay their monthly contribution have the right to resume being a subscriber, on condition that they must give notice of their intention to resume being a member within 90 days.

I was going to say "gamble" but I see u already have "put it in the bank" Id probably just give it the wife, wouldnt ask her what she would do with it though.

Question:

Hmmmmm interesting could it be a TV member??

Question:

Genuine, but hardly original. Would the attorney for the writer of the old Twilight Zone episode "Button Button" show up and sue you for copyright infringment soon after?

:o

I'd invite Maigo6 up on the mountain and pick up the tab for all the beer.

ALL the beer ?

The cheque is only for 2,000 Baht :D

Up on the mountain, beer is cheap. Even Maigo6 with myself helping cannot drink 40 large bottles of beer so I'll have change left from the 2,000 baht. :o

buy 2000 baht worth of aussie rib eye and have another bbq to stimulate good will to all mankind.

1000 worth of aussie ribeye and 200 worth of Leo for when the grill and steaks are getting ready. 500 will go to a bottle of gilbeys and mixtures. What a day. Hangover the day after. But man it´s worth it. :D .

Ohh, 300 left? Might get the wife out of the house for an hour or two. While we are creating a dreamscenario we might just get her out of the picture. :D:o .