What's The Difference Between Extension Of Temp Stay, Non-o And Non-oa?

Hello everyone,

What is the difference between Extension of temporary stay, Non-Imm O and Non-Imm OA?

I was wondering if anyone can answer the above question.

I have been staying in Thailand for 1 year on a Non-Imm B visa (no work permit, just for study). Before the 1 year was up, I did a last 'visa-run' to get another 90 days stamp.

Having turned the half-century mark during that last 90 days stamp, I went to apply for a Non-O retirement visa, with letter in hand from the Bank (to prove I have 800K in the bank).

The officer gave me a TM 7 form to fill out (Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom), which I did. I handed over the fee of 1900 THB and waited. After a few questions, the officer began to stamp my passport then sent me to wait for the head officer's interview, which was just more flicking through the pages of photocopies, then more stamps in my passport.

At the end, I emerged with an "Application of stay is permitted up to ....(12 months from the expire date of my current 90 days permit)... Applicant must leave the Kingdom within the date specified herein. Offenders will be prosecuted. Please contact the immigration office for a RE_ENTRY PERMIT before leaving Thailand"

I also got a reminder Notice stapled in my passport, reminding me of when the next 90 days reporting is due.

THAT'S IT!!

So my question to you good people is: what have I got now? Is it extension of a Non-B, is it a Non-O or Non-OA? And which one is best for retirement? I didn't need any medical, police check. Is this how retirement permit works in LOS when applying onshore?

Any info is appreciated. Cheers!

It sounds like you got a one year extension to stay based on retirement and that they used your existing B visa. You do an address report every 90 days and go for new extensions annually, as long as you wish. If you do this without a break, you won't need any new visa. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

You got an extension of stay for retirement. The type of non immigrant visa you used to get the permit to stay that was extended is not important. Calling it an O or O-A visa is incorrect because a visa is what you use to enter the country after that you are on a permit to stay.

Don't forget your 90 reports. You can make them 7 days before or after the due date without paying a 2000 baht fine.

Also the re-entry permit if you want to leave the country. To be safe it is advisable to get one even though you don't plan on leaving just in case of an emergency. It would be valid for the entire length of your extension.