I Got 1 Year Visa Becasue I Have A Son In Thailand

I am 46 years old, and I have a son in Thailand.

I am not officially married to my son's mother, but we live together.

I also have a 1 year work permit.

But I found it easier to apply for a 1 year dependant visa, because all I need to show was my papers from the my embassy that I receive a pension from my home country. That's all!

Earlier I applied for a 1 year work visa and also I got this, but here I had to provide evidence of my income from the company where I work (this is in fact my own company, but owned by my wife, as we are dealing with real estate) and also I we had to provide evidence of 4 Thai staff and a minimum salary of 40,000 THB/month....

So if you have a child in Thailand you can get a 1 year visa, and you do not need to be over 50 years old anymore. :o

Edited by olsen

Yes. 400,000 Baht in Thai bank or 40,000 Baht monthly income.

Where did you apply?

That's right...I applied in Nakhon Si Thammarat as I live in Sichon Beach. Earrlier I applied in Surat Thani, because they're more effective and kind, but with the new law stating that you must apply from within the province where you live, then I had to do it in Nakhon Si Thammarat, and it went well :o

I am 46 years old, and I have a son in Thailand.

I am not officially married to my son's mother, but we live together.

I also have a 1 year work permit.

But I found it easier to apply for a 1 year dependant visa, because all I need to show was my papers from the my embassy that I receive a pension from my home country. That's all!

Earlier I applied for a 1 year work visa and also I got this, but here I had to provide evidence of my income from the company where I work (this is in fact my own company, but owned by my wife, as we are dealing with real estate) and also I we had to provide evidence of 4 Thai staff and a minimum salary of 40,000 THB/month....

So if you have a child in Thailand you can get a 1 year visa, and you do not need to be over 50 years old anymore. :o

Yes you can get an extension of stay based upon supporting your child.

If you prove income of 40,000 baht income by way of tax payments and have a work permit. Or 400,000 baht in the bank.

How easy is it is to get will depend upon which immigration office you go to. Some will insist you have a court document giving you sole custody of the child while many don't.

You will need the birth certificate as proof of relationship. I suggest you have your "wife" go with you along with the child when you apply. Take her house book and ID card plus copies of those. Any proof that you are living together as a family will help. Even photos that show the 3 of you together in your house would not hurt.

Thanks For your report olsen.

you're actually the first that I've seen to have reported it here.

I tried about 4 days after the rules changed and was told they new nothing about it and I should just get married. So now it looks like it's time to put it all together and try again.

Hope they (bangkok) know the rules now.

Thanks again.

Just wondering if the child is older than 7 years if you still need the court document??

Olsen, because some posts mentioned that some immigration offices also want a court document when the child is younger than seven years I wonder how old your child is.

--

Maestro

Just wondering if the child is older than 7 years if you still need the court document??
Olsen, because some posts mentioned that some immigration offices also want a court document when the child is younger than seven years I wonder how old your child is.

--

Maestro

You should then be able to arrange things at the amphur, instead of court. From age 7 the amphur will interview the child and then make a decision.

--

Maestro

You should then be able to arrange things at the amphur, instead of court. From age 7 the amphur will interview the child and then make a decision.

Does that mean that when my son grows older I will have to visit the amphur when I need to extend my visa?